Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

im being extra with this but it would cool if the album was Serial Killer with the title song and its a continuation from HM...after Swan Song her and the bf finish the "honeymoon" and then she turns into a SK and kills him omg  :defeated:

SIX

I don't want another as we have been there done that

I want the NEXT not the prior

Who reads a great book and after chapter 5 says, please repeat chapter 2?

and it's Ms. Grant's SIXTH album not fifth.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

im being extra with this but it would cool if the album was Serial Killer with the title song and its a continuation from HM...after Swan Song her and the bf finish the "honeymoon" and then she turns into a SK and kills him omg  :defeated:

thats just asking for the basic fans to start with the "i hope serial killer is on the album" again :defeated:

SIX

I don't want another as we have been there done that

I want the NEXT not the prior

Who reads a great book and after chapter 5 says, please repeat chapter 2?

and it's Ms. Grant's SIXTH album not fifth.

AKA BTD UV HM LDR5

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

PARADISE

Lana herself considers Paradise a stand-alone

and in all respects including the charts, it is separate. And it is a concept album from cut 1 to the end.

An EP is 3 songs. Paradise is full length. 

And in the official record book, is considered a Top 10 Album in the book of Top 200 albums.

AKA

BTD

PARADISE

ULTRAVIOLENCE

HONEYMOON

SIX

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

PARADISE

Lana herself considers Paradise a stand-alone

and in all respects including the charts, it is separate. And it is a concept album from cut 1 to the end.

An EP is 3 songs. Paradise is full length. 

And in the official record book, is considered a Top 10 Album in the book of Top 200 albums.

AKA

BTD

PARADISE

ULTRAVIOLENCE

HONEYMOON

SIX

Nope...she said it feels more like an addition to BTD

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Nope...she said it feels more like an addition to BTD

I'm going to have to agree with @graham4anything (and find the receipts), because she said at one point that she considered Paradise a standalone in its own right. It's not a full length record according to her and the label, but it stands alone apart from the other records.

@@Subversive

Nope, she has since said it was a stand alone.

Though it enabled BTD to stay on the charts to this day as it combined the sales

Technically, Six will be the Fifth Lana Del Rey album as AKA is not a Lana Del Rey album at all.

BTW- does it seem like anything Lana could do first is stolen by Gaga before Lana gets a chance to do it

(The Tony Bennett duet album should have been and would have been more appropriate for Lana,

and well, Gaga calling her album Joanne (and even signing autographs as Joanne) means that if Lana wanted to release a Lizzy

Grant record, people would say Lana was copying Gaga even though it is the other way around

(Yayo  Ayo )

It's as if the record company is leaking her.

I’ve actually started thinking conceptually that I have this addition, an addition to this record that could come really easily. That hasn't happened in a long time. Not since I wrote that Paradise addition to Born to Die, which I really loved.

!!!

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif