Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

the covers also just seem extremely out of place in the context of her albums

but i really did like burnt norton on honeymoon, it was very ethereal and genuine

however, she's such a strong artist and her songs carry enough weight that she doesn't need filler tracks where she's whispering over an instrumental or covering an old song 

She's needs to stop the covers, they're not very good except for Blue Velvet. The only one she should be allowed to do is Santa Baby.

Omg Santa baby would fit her voice so well! I'd be blasting it every second of December

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

QUEEN, GIVE ME ANOTHER BORN TO DIE PLEASE! 

8494679.gif

PLEEEASE JESUS

Not happening fat, get over it

STOP HATING.

I'm hoping for another BTD "A new york state of mind" PLEEEAASE. But nooo seriously, I know another BTD isn't possible. She's moved on from that mindset, so let's be honest with ourselves.

BUUUT, I'm ready for a new album. BRING IT LANA. ANYTHING EXCEPT HONEYMOON AND ACOUSTIC(MARY JAILER TYPES) Oh.... and no jazz, because it's never really jazz.

I'm ready to preorder the deluxe boxset.  :excited:

Remember how amazing the Born To Die: The Paradise Edition and Ultraviolence box sets were and how much the one for Honeymoon sucked in comparison?  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I  remember an article or interview in which LDR said she'd *like* to release an album every 14 monthes or so. So my pessimistic take is that this DJ guy is just referring to that in an oblique way to make it seem like he has inside info (i.e., he's just being an ass). On the other hand, I think it's important for fans to show enthusiasm about rumours like this just to show the artist how much their releases mean.

On the BTD 2.0 issue, it's sad that with the leaks/unreleased, and not counting AKA, there's several BTD-like albums possible, so I think the correct approach is asking her to do more "leaked sessions" side projects just to preserve those efforts. This could also make her less inhibited about future material along BTD 2.0 lines.

If "Subversive" were the title, the acronym shoud be SV, no? So R in SR has to be another word. Subversive Romance might rile a lot of people. Just saying.

PLEEEASE JESUS

STOP HATING.

I'm hoping for another BTD "A new york state of mind" PLEEEAASE. But nooo seriously, I know another BTD isn't possible. She's moved on from that mindset, so let's be honest with ourselves.

BUUUT, I'm ready for a new album. BRING IT LANA. ANYTHING EXCEPT HONEYMOON AND ACOUSTIC(MARY JAILER TYPES) Oh.... and no jazz, because it's never really jazz.

It's not really about her NY mindset or whatever she meant by that, we all know she's not really happy with the production on BTD so it's probably never happening again

EotAQlJ.jpg

the west coast isn't doing her any good tho, her lyrics wen't downhill as soon as her plane landed in lax.

the closest to a btd pt II she'll go production wise is something like her live versions atm which would be good though because ottr is fire.

i76mrxw.png 

I want another Iconic passage like "My pussy tastes like pepsi cola, my eyes are wide like cherry pie, I have a thing for men who are older, it's always been so it's no surprise"

Do you all remember when we got the (flawless) Paradise promo video and we could hear these amazing lyrics for the first time? It was such a MOMENT! I love it and i want more of that

I really liked Born to Die and Paradise, wasn't a fan of Ultraviolence but it grew on me - i just wanted another Born To Die, and the same with Honeymoon, except Honeymoon quickly grew equal favourite to Born to Die - its a masterpiece. I'm sad the era might be ending, especially considering we haven't even heard most of it live. I'd be down for a Honeymoon re-release like BTD the Paradise edition. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day