Your Girl Lana

Kill Kill

It's heartbreaking to hear that she's not happy with how it turned out and wants to rerecord it. I mean, what? But it's not really surprising either.

She mentioned "Kill Kill" specifically? I think I missed this.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I love the story of why it's called Kill Kill

"Last year they decided, that is time is up and then he got retried. Double homicide, sent him on a death row, not to hang around, noooo..."

X----into me, into you----X

"Last year they decided, that is time is up and then he got retried. Double homicide, sent him on a death row, not to hang around, noooo..."

Love for K.

Why is that related to this, though?

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Then enlighten us...

It was called The Ocean, but someone at the label said that the name was too boring, so she went off, scribbled out the title, and wrote KILL KILL at the top of the page, as she was pissed off at him.

EDIT~ found it http://www.adirondac...5.html?nav=5050

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

It was called The Ocean, but someone at the label said that the name was too boring, so she went off, scribbled out the title, and wrote KILL KILL at the top of the page, as she was pissed off at him. It says in an article somewhere, can't remember which~ it was a couple of years ago.

Well that's why it's "Kill Kill" instead of "The Ocean", but as for what the name means...I'm sticking with K.

It was called The Ocean, but someone at the label said that the name was too boring, so she went off, scribbled out the title, and wrote KILL KILL at the top of the page, as she was pissed off at him.

EDIT~ found it http://www.adirondac...5.html?nav=5050

I love this story too. I've wondered if this incident may have inspired a few songs too. (Kinda Outta Luck, Raise Me Up) ...Lana Del Smartass :D

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Well that's why it's "Kill Kill" instead of "The Ocean", but as for what the name means...I'm sticking with K.

While there could be a double meaning, the article reads as if she wrote "Kill Kill" as an expression of her anger that they didn't like the title.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

No one wants to humor me? Fine. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

The last chorus of Cola, listen closely to the Congo drum sound in the right speaker. That beat is identical to the Congo drum sound in the left speaker of the chorus in Kill Kill. Also, those guitar plucks/whatever in the right speaker during the chorus of Kill Kill are identically timed with the strings/violin/whatever pluckthings in the right speaker of Cola during its choruses as well. Lana said in a recent interview (don't remember the name and I can't be fucked to find it because I'm on mobile) that she loves the tropical undertones in Cola. What would those be, you ask? The same things that make Kill Kill all tropical/beach sounding. I feel such a connection between those songs, not necessarily lyrically, but some kind of connection.

14417469274.gif

First of all, Billy, there is no such thing as a congo drum, unless you just mean some generic drum from the Congo. Second of all, there is no conga on Cola. Hey, that sounds awesome, THERE IS NO CONGA ON COLA. Say that like twenty five times out loud in the middle of the night while everyone in your house is asleep. Just belt out THERE IS NO CONGA ON COLA until you start foaming at the mouth and someone inevitably calls the cops.

But, yes, you're right, those parts of Cola sound like the chorus of Kill Kill. Just as the intro of American sounds like the intro of Summertime Sadness, and other similarities i've caught that i can't remember right now. Because i can't be fucked to recall them.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

But, yes, you're right, those parts of Cola sound like the chorus of Kill Kill. Just as the intro of American sounds like the intro of Summertime Sadness, and other similarities i've caught that i can't remember right now. Because i can't be fucked to recall them.

If you have some spare time I'd love to read a list of comparisons. I have a couple in my head but I'd really enjoy some other perspectives.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

If you have some spare time I'd love to read a list of comparisons. I have a couple in my head but I'd really enjoy some other perspectives.

This is my major beef with TPD! Every song sounds like some other song!

American is a grower, and when given the full attention it deserves, is quite lovely ...ONLY SO IS BEL AIR and it's like we don't need both! (Except that now, each has its fans, and we totally need both!)

Body Electric stands out as more unique... until you listen to Cola! (Same melodic idea, different beat.) And Cola has the beat of the Dark Paradise demo. And, apparently, Kill Kill. (They should have just used I Don't Wanna Go instead of Cola.) But now we have to have both Cola and BE. And maybe both will go on to become great hits. But they almost shouldn't count as two songs.

Gods and Monsters just has that generic TPD sound, only more plodding and less melodic than any other track. Reminds me of Heart-Shaped Box for some reason. They should have just used Heart-Shaped Box. And Last Girl on Earth. But now we have to have G&M.

Blue Velvet's intro sounds like Burning Desire's. It has some really nice Auto-Tuned Loon, but... been there done that.

Yayo. Kinda like a sad Bel Air.

Ride just sounds like every veteran rocker anthem that tries too hard to keep the fire while appealing across-the-board. (Actually it succeeds at this more than some veteran rocker anthems. But still.) So maybe Ride is the stand-out from the rest of Paradise... but it sounds so TIRED that it doesn't really work as an album-opener for me. It's a better closer.

But this is a Kill Kill appreciation thread, so... long live Kill Kill. (Which doesn't sound a thing like Spandau Ballet's "True." Nope.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png