Your Girl Lana

Kill Kill

First of all, Billy, there is no such thing as a congo drum, unless you just mean some generic drum from the Congo. Second of all, there is no conga on Cola. Hey, that sounds awesome, THERE IS NO CONGA ON COLA. Say that like twenty five times out loud in the middle of the night while everyone in your house is asleep. Just belt out THERE IS NO CONGA ON COLA until you start foaming at the mouth and someone inevitably calls the cops.

But, yes, you're right, those parts of Cola sound like the chorus of Kill Kill. Just as the intro of American sounds like the intro of Summertime Sadness, and other similarities i've caught that i can't remember right now. Because i can't be fucked to recall them.

Fair enough... but why correct me and not tell me what the instrument is called? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT DRUM THING CALLED?!? :toofloppy:

At least you hear it, though.

14417469274.gif

Just sounds like an electronic tom-tom to me, Billy Boy.

STAY TUNED FOR MY PARADISE "REVIEW" IN THE RATE PARADISE THREAD, COMING SOON.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

It was the first Lizzy song I heard, and one of the first overall Lana songs I heard. I owe it all to Kill Kill (and National Anthem) for getting me into Lana in the first place. Before then, I wasn't bothered with the whole Video Games & Born To Die back in January but there was something about Kill Kill that just gave me the feeling I'd love her.

Florida Dark slays both Kill Kill & The Ocean tbh.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I was thinking, does anyone know why the song is called Kill Kill? If it's about K, we do know about his "double homicide", so I was thinking Kill Kill referred to the death of two people. 

Also, One, two, make it fun, don't trust anyone

Could be about killing one person, then the next. Don't trust anyone, as K was probably a drug dealer.

I was thinking, does anyone know why the song is called Kill Kill? If it's about K, we do know about his "double homicide", so I was thinking Kill Kill referred to the death of two people. 

Could be about killing one person, then the next. Don't trust anyone, as K was probably a drug dealer.

I can't remember the link to the receipt of this (so If someone has that it would be nice), but I believe this is the story behind the name: At first the song had a different name. The producers or someone else high up wanted Lana to rename it, because the original one was too boring. She was brainstorming ideas, got fed up, and slashed out the original song title, then writing "Kill Kill" at the top of the page.

2dt29zc.jpg

I can't remember the link to the receipt of this (so If someone has that it would be nice), but I believe this is the story behind the name: At first the song had a different name. The producers or someone else high up wanted Lana to rename it, because the original one was too boring. She was brainstorming ideas, got fed up, and slashed out the original song title, then writing "Kill Kill" at the top of the page.

This is what I heard too, I think she called it 'The Ocean' originally, then was forced to change it as it was too 'dull'.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

OMFG amazing mindfuck right now. "Two tears in solidarity" anyone?? From the Y&B video? A teardrop tattoo can symbolize a life taken.

Looked teardrop tattoo up on wiki (yeah yeah, whatevs) and it said: "It is sometimes worn by the female companions of prisoners in solidarity with their loved ones."

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Brought to my attention by these movie posters that Lizzy edited, the bridge is actually:

One, two, make it fun

Don't trust anyone

One, two, wicked fun

Don't trust anyone

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Brought to my attention by these movie posters that Lizzy edited, the bridge is actually:

One, two, make it fun

Don't trust anyone

One, two, wicked fun

Don't trust anyone

Yes, but I can't actually hear her singing it that way. If she's writing her lyrics into the movie posters, there's no guarantee she intended to sing the song that way as opposed to just modifying the lyrics to better fit the mood of the posters, which I take are some kind of early mySpace expression about her aesthetic. IDK; I'm just guessing. 

BTW are there any good interpretations as to the meaning of the song? This would include why the song might have originally been titled The Ocean.

One, two, make it fun

Don't trust anyone

One, two, wicked fun

Don't trust anyone

Yeah, as @Aquababe pointed out in another thread, these were fan edits that someone posted on her MySpace back in 2009. I'm pretty sure this came up in the LDR.FM days and we had this same debate over the lyrics. I don't think we were very convinced she actually says "wicked fun" the second time in the bridge then, nor am I now. (If I run a high pass filter and slow it down a bit I'm pretty sure it's still "make it fun"). But she definitely says "make it fun" every time in the outro.

Now can Tupac's sweetheart get some bread and lunches up in these neon reservations?

:groundhog:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.