Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

definitely not this year, 2022 the earliest 

Melanie is known for taking a really really long time on releases and them always being later than she says. Probably 2023 or 2024.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Melanie is known for taking a really really long time on releases and them always being later than she says. Probably 2023 or 2024.

she stated that she wants the new album to come sooner than the latest one. we all know the reason it took so long for k12 to come out: rape allegations. i’m sure she’ll work faster on mm3

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 hours ago, Nightmare said:

she stated that she wants the new album to come sooner than the latest one. we all know the reason it took so long for k12 to come out: rape allegations. i’m sure she’ll work faster on mm3

after school, copy cat, and fire drill also all came out late. Even crybaby had a pushed release date. Melanie always pushes back releases. 

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

H8 myself, everytime I hear an old school phone ringing my brain sings "sneaky greedy money-seeking" 

my line at work sounds EXACTLY like it, when it fist came out I would do that too ... not so much these days

9 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

https://dbree.org/v/52266 this is real??

yeah, it has a completely new verse so i think that it is

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

+ i think that the version that leaked on october was like a demo or something, cause it has a different intro and the bridge has different timing

in the version that leaked on october she sings "zzzz" and then right after "tell me everything will be alright", but on the version that leaked today, it has a little instrumental for a few secs before she sings "tell me everything will be alright"

there's also the possibility that the version that leaked on october has an empty part cause the 3rd verse wasnt written yet?

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

Full Night Mime please, it's been a years long wait ? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

10 hours ago, nightride said:

+ i think that the version that leaked on october was like a demo or something, cause it has a different intro and the bridge has different timing

in the version that leaked on october she sings "zzzz" and then right after "tell me everything will be alright", but on the version that leaked today, it has a little instrumental for a few secs before she sings "tell me everything will be alright"

there's also the possibility that the version that leaked on october has an empty part cause the 3rd verse wasnt written yet?

I don't think so bc the person who leaked it admitted to cutting up and editing it. You could hear the editing especially with the silence and the randomly cut "tell me everything will be alright" which sounds forcefully cut.

I feel that if ZZZZ was worked on a little bit more, it could have been the final concluding track on Cry Baby. It literally sums up the album so well. All the track references and even the idea of falling asleep (ZZZZ) would have gone well with the Mad Hatter music video when she falls asleep and enters what I believe is the world of her imagination. This track could have even been her falling asleep, and then she waking up in the beginning of the K-12 film (which is the first thing we see). I know this is a reach, but it's just my thoughts.

17 hours ago, xmooncandyx said:

I feel that if ZZZZ was worked on a little bit more, it could have been the final concluding track on Cry Baby. It literally sums up the album so well. All the track references and even the idea of falling asleep (ZZZZ) would have gone well with the Mad Hatter music video when she falls asleep and enters what I believe is the world of her imagination. This track could have even been her falling asleep, and then she waking up in the beginning of the K-12 film (which is the first thing we see). I know this is a reach, but it's just my thoughts.

It cross references teddy bear which makes me think it was intended either as a song for Crybaby's extra clutter (along with teddy bear, play date, cake, and gingerbread man) or a single, not for crybaby itself. I also suspect that this song is supposed to be representative of the point in time Crybaby was unconscious / drugged by her mother in the sippycup music video, with "tell me everything will be alright, I need to get some sleep tonight" Being her speaking to her father, but really nothing is confirmed.