Jack

Melanie Martinez

49 minutes ago, Salem said:

https://youtu.be/0igzz_mLEOc actually I want this demo way way way more. 

is this not a stem edit? they were being sold left and right 

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

41 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

salem is carrying

Yep, cuz I like having an easy news source 

20 minutes ago, rare said:

is this not a stem edit? they were being sold left and right 

I couldn't tell you, but it sounds good so I want a full 

On 2/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, Escapism said:

My favorite music of Melanie’s is around the dollhouse era (including pre dollhouse and early crybaby songs and of course, dollhouse).

The way she used childhood imagery to mask and intertwine darker topics didn’t restrict her like it does with trying to tell a specific story with crybaby (which isn’t bad but we missed out on some great songs because she wanted the album to have a storyline which is cute but, you know, comes with restrictions) and ESPECIALLY K-12 (which really restricted her because of the specific school theme, the crybaby storyline and what not).
If anything it made some of her best, darkest, and most meaningful songs - at least for me. 

A million men, bombs on Monday, birthing addicts, bittersweet tragedy, sippy cup, soap, etc. There’s also a timelessness to those songs for me while latter cry baby songs (as in when the music videos were released just felt... tiring. I don’t know how else to describe it. Maybe it’s just not having to wait for the latter MVs, especially when she started taking control over most aspects like directing and story telling/writing and i think costume design - same goes for K-12).

Anyway, she’s got talent, a lot of it. In short she just needs to stop putting herself in these boxes that restrict her time wise and music wise. 

This is exactly what goes through my head whenever people dumb her down to a "baby aesthetic" and childish lyrics. She can DIG DEEP, into childhood trauma and shit no one else wants to address in songs, the harmful shit adults teach us about love and relationships, and also into themes that make me think WOW Mel, what have you SEEN?! 

Some of that did make it's way into crybaby (dollhouse, sippy cup), none of it was in k-12 and after school is really just a side project imo. 

Still waiting for Night Mime :crai:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

57 minutes ago, colacoven said:

I'm pretty sure I have this though. did it not leak ?

If i remember correctly 2 versions leaked. One solo but Mel only sings the chorus and the verses are empty. The other one is the Snow feature version (She's singing the empty verses and Mel  the chorus)

3 hours ago, colacoven said:

I'm pretty sure I have this though. did it not leak ?

No, it didn't. There's a different solo from 2015 that I'm talking about. 

2 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

If i remember correctly 2 versions leaked. One solo but Mel only sings the chorus and the verses are empty. The other one is the Snow feature version (She's singing the empty verses and Mel  the chorus)

Correct. We are still missing the 2015 demo where Melanie had her own verses instead of just being a chorus mix. It was made before the versions we have currently and is the source of the "lucky I don't have knives on me" Snippet. 

10 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Was this already posted?

Thanks for sharing! I don't think I've seen this.

----

On a side note, and it goes for the ones who title the files (not you, honey, thanks for sharing), I swear y'all I get scared everytime I read "Dry Vocals" when they only post the "Lead Vocals" stem. Dry vocals mean ALL OF THE VOCAL STEMS mixed, without reverb effects. That would mean, the Dry Studio Acapella or Dry Vocals. But the Lead Vocals, which is this, excludes the background vocals, adlibs, side vocals, etc. So that video should be titled "Dollhouse (Official Lead Vocals Stem)". Sorry, I got carried away. 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Melanie is apparently in Hawaii working on mm3. Hopefully that means we get something this year, at least a single. She's gotta get a better release schedule going.