Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Whoever said BOMM demo is "happier" is so wrong btw. The lower pitch makes it so much hard-hitting!

I KNOW RIGHT! I first listened to it and thought "what in the fuck is happy about this?"

43 minutes ago, rare said:

it feels SOOOO weird to listen to a studio recording of a thousand words 

its almost like that song's meant to be heard only live

but anyways, im enjoying it so much 

Right? It feels like it's not supposed to exist. I don't know how I feel about it, because a thousand words always felt like it was a cover and not something Melanie wrote. Like, I know it's her song but it's still weird knowing it's a full studio song. 

I assume the male vocal on A Thousand Words is Mike Squillante bc he performed it with her (her old guitarist) and I remember when he performed crybaby with her, it's one of the best live versions of that song. Mel honestly sounds great with a guy's voice, I doubt she'll ever do collabs on her albums, but it would be interesting to see a duet...

4 hours ago, AlexIl said:

By this logic, I don't know how songs like Mrs. Potato Head and Mad Hatter are able to exist... :toofunny:

I think you're right about mrs. potato head but not Mad Hatter... Alice In Wonderland doesnt have copyright because of how old it is its basically up for free use, like Grimm fairytales and most fairytales in general are

1 minute ago, untilsunrise said:

A Thousand Words studio version would be a Dollhouse outtake with Psycho Lovers, Dressed in Mistakes, and You Love I and not a Cry Baby one right? Asking to know where to put it in

Before dollhouse. It'd better fit with things like Dear Porcupines. 

2 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

A Thousand Words studio version would be a Dollhouse outtake with Psycho Lovers, Dressed in Mistakes, and You Love I and not a Cry Baby one right? Asking to know where to put it in

Well, contrary to what I was saying a month ago, Dollhouse was never it's own project; Cry Baby's album title was announced in January 2014 and the EP was just a preview of what the album would've been. So all those tracks you named are Cry Baby. A Thousand Words was written for Melanie's scrapped EP from 2013, but it was also considered for Cry Baby.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, rare said:

it feels SOOOO weird to listen to a studio recording of a thousand words 

its almost like that song's meant to be heard only live

but anyways, im enjoying it so much 

LOL LITERALLY! i was listening to it and was like "why tf is the audio is good" lol im not complaining though, all i want now is gold diggin love studio version

Why no one is talking about of her scrapped 2013 ep? It was meant to be released in the summer of 2013 but she scrapped after recording Dollhouse in September 2013. As far as i know, she confirmed six songs for this project that were: A Million Men, Birthing Addicts, Bones Are Blue, Curly Cue, Dear Porcupines and Rough Love. And the possible songs are A Thousand Words, Last Chapter, Bittersweet Tragedy, Intervals, Night Mime, Can't Shake You,  Race, Time Flies and Until Sunrise. It would be probably a EP of 7-8 tracks just like Take Me To The Moon.

UAmFDOp.png

22 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

Why no one is talking about of her scrapped 2013 ep? It was meant to be released in the summer of 2013 but she scrapped after recording Dollhouse in September 2013. As far as i know, she confirmed six songs for this project that were: A Million Men, Birthing Addicts, Bones Are Blue, Curly Cue, Dear Porcupines and Rough Love. And the possible songs are A Thousand Words, Last Chapter, Bittersweet Tragedy, Intervals, Night Mime, Can't Shake You,  Race, Time Flies and Until Sunrise. It would be probably a EP of 7-8 tracks just like Take Me To The Moon.

I always think it's so weird how people claim it was an acoustic EP, even though she explicitly confirmed this concert was a preview of what it would sound like:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

2 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Whoever said BOMM demo is "happier" is so wrong btw. The lower pitch makes it so much hard-hitting!

when i said that i meant like it was farther from the vibe of its sister song which is bittersweet tragedy unlike the previously leaked one 

2 hours ago, untilsunrise said:

I think you're right about mrs. potato head but not Mad Hatter... Alice In Wonderland doesnt have copyright because of how old it is its basically up for free use, like Grimm fairytales and most fairytales in general are

probably why she had to change the original MPH artwork from this:

02afb9bd9137922069480f84e6146a21a278c7f2_hq.jpg

to this:

220px-Melanie_Martinez_Mrs_Potato_Head_s

Melanie chose a really interesting character to create with her music. But thru her music her character is growing up, and I’m looking forward to when she starts making songs from an adult’s point of view. Her CURRENT songs can already be vulgar I can only imagine what themes she’s gonna talk about in this next album. 

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels