Jack

Melanie Martinez

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

I'm kinda say unhappy meal didn't make the k-12 cut. We would've had a much sassier album if she'd gone with that sound. 

Unhappy Meal, Rocking Horse, Bombs on Monday Morning, deserved to be on the deluxe instead of Play Date, Teddy Bear and Cake :toofunny:

40 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Unhappy Meal, Rocking Horse, Bombs on Monday Morning, deserved to be on the deluxe instead of Play Date, Teddy Bear and Cake :toofunny:

40 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Unhappy meal was confirmed to be an early k-12 song. K-12 wasn't originally meant to be school themed, instead it was meant to be a general extension of crybaby's world. Specifically, Melanie had sited it would "show more of the town Cry baby grew up in". The school theme came along in late 2016 while she was wrapping up the Cry baby tour. We know Unhappy Meal is for sure not a cry baby outtake because it was written and recorded after the release of cry baby. As for why rocking horse didn't make the cut, it's likely because it's subject matter of miscarriages and abortions was something Atlantic didn't want their name on, or Melanie did not feel morally right releasing. It feels like a vent song, just like how Bombs On Monday Morning was a vent song. However, I think we can all agree Play Date just.... Isn't as good as the rest of Cry baby. It shows it's Keenan production. 

49 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

cake is one of her best songs ever lol

wdbcf should’ve replaced teddy bear 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

cake is one of her best songs ever lol

wdbcf should’ve replaced teddy bear 

Cake is a huge bop, however, I love teddy bear too. I personally think WDBCF being unreleased is for the best. Even Mel said it was too personal. 

I wish that Extra Clutter ep was similar to After School ep. including more tracks, instead of it being just the deluxe songs + G.M. Maybe songs that didnt fit the narrative in cry baby but were still good enough to release

I just put over 20 acoustic Mel songs (covers, originals, ect) on dbree. It goes through three pages and the songs go as far back as 2011. I mostly did that as a file dump but also hoping it might encourage another leak or two. 

Just now, Mermaid Hotel said:

Wheels on the Bus is such a badly executed song. It could've been so much better but the lyrics are just uninspired and corny :rip:

I mean it could only be so good sampling a nursery rhyme. :/ She used to be so much more creative in her sampling 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

I mean it could only be so good sampling a nursery rhyme. :/ She used to be so much more creative in her sampling 

She did it so much more cleverly during the Cry Baby era tbh. Her songs just seem lazy now lol

Just now, Mermaid Hotel said:

She did it so much more cleverly during the Cry Baby era tbh. Her songs just seem lazy now lol

She's sampled two nursery rhymes on ONE album. Anymore half her songs are samples, or are progression rips (like recess, it's not sampled but it's so painfully obvious you've heard the instrumental before) 

18 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

Wheels on the Bus is such a badly executed song. It could've been so much better but the lyrics are just uninspired and corny. Also, not to mention the terrible production :rip:

the reason why it’s so bad is because its entire purpose is to serve as an intro to the school in the film. i’ve been thinking about rearranging the best after school/k-12 tracks to make something she could’ve released as a decent follow up to Cry Baby

2 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

the reason why it’s so bad is because its entire purpose is to serve as an intro to the school in the film. i’ve been thinking about rearranging the best after school/k-12 tracks to make something she could’ve released as a decent follow up to Cry Baby

Unfortuinstely k-12 was considered only as a film, and not as an album. Melanie doesn't care enough about the music and cares too much about the film. That's why after school was significantly better lyrically than k-12. 

I was listening to Crybaby and forgot how much I loved that album. Her debut EP too... Bittersweet Tragedy and Dead To Me are literally her best songs she’s ever released :rip: can’t believe how much she fell off after Crybaby. K-12 and After School are so bland compared to her earlier work. Production wise they just feel so boring and her melodies just aren’t as strong. 

Is she currently working on music? If so, do we know what producers are involved? Would love to hear her go in a darker direction. I know her base has an interesting relationship with Jazmin Bean so I don’t mean to stir the pot by saying this but Jazmin has been giving me everything Melanie hasn’t for the past 2 years :toofloppy:

13 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

no play date or cake slander in this thread thank u

Cake is a bop, play date is a flop. You can tell Keenan produced it. It only blew up because tiktok kids thought the "oooooh" At the beginning was aesthetic. 

7 hours ago, Salem said:

Cake is a bop, play date is a flop. You can tell Keenan produced it. It only blew up because tiktok kids thought the "oooooh" At the beginning was aesthetic. 

i loved cake and play date way before tiktok ever existed, lmao. i can only complain about mad hatter whose production does not fit the rest of the album.

original.gif