Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

i loved cake and play date way before tiktok ever existed, lmao. i can only complain about mad hatter whose production does not fit the rest of the album.

why would you complain about the best song on the album?

10 hours ago, Salem said:

Melanie doesn't care enough about the music and cares too much about the film.

I think Melanie does still care about music, she just tried to do too many things all at once with K-12, alot of these things being stuff which she was new to, which (understandably) didnt end well.

12 hours ago, Salem said:

Unhappy meal was confirmed to be an early k-12 song. K-12 wasn't originally meant to be school themed, instead it was meant to be a general extension of crybaby's world. Specifically, Melanie had sited it would "show more of the town Cry baby grew up in". The school theme came along in late 2016 while she was wrapping up the Cry baby tour. We know Unhappy Meal is for sure not a cry baby outtake because it was written and recorded after the release of cry baby. As for why rocking horse didn't make the cut, it's likely because it's subject matter of miscarriages and abortions was something Atlantic didn't want their name on, or Melanie did not feel morally right releasing. It feels like a vent song, just like how Bombs On Monday Morning was a vent song. However, I think we can all agree Play Date just.... Isn't as good as the rest of Cry baby. It shows it's Keenan production. 

I remember Unhappy Meal being confirmed to have been recorded in like 2014 for Cry Baby.. it sounds too much like a Cry Baby song (specifically like M&C) to be from K-12. Also Melanie definitely had the idea of crybaby going to school because she would tease it on instagram with pictures of school related stuff very early on when the crybaby era was still going.

7 hours ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

what about milk and cookies? 794251705494667285.gif?v=1

Milk and cookies hops imo. Tag you're it isn't complete without it. 

1 hour ago, untilsunrise said:

I think Melanie does still care about music, she just tried to do too many things all at once with K-12, alot of these things being stuff which she was new to, which (understandably) didnt end well.

She is actually saying the next film is even LESS about the music ? I'm a bit worried to see what that's gonna be like. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

She is actually saying the next film is even LESS about the music ? I'm a bit worried to see what that's gonna be like. 

yeah but she said she was focusing more on the music as a separate thing, and doing the same with the movie, and that the movie is going to be more film than musical unlike K-12 which had like five minutes to put down a whole plot. Which either means 1. She'll release the album and movie but the movie will only have a couple songs as musical numbers, the rest being in the background as soundtrack or not being in it at all, allowing her to put focus on both the story and the music separately so it doesnt come out all mixed up badly like K-12, and maybe she'll release music videos that go along with the movie but arent directly part of the movie after to add more visuals. or 2. the movie will be longer, which i doubt because it would cost alot because of how big budget her artistic visions are. It honestly sounds like she knows the problems K-12 has and is focusing on making the story and music more separate like she did with Cry Baby so the overall quality of both the film and music can be better while also being cohesive.

13 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

the reason why it’s so bad is because its entire purpose is to serve as an intro to the school in the film. i’ve been thinking about rearranging the best after school/k-12 tracks to make something she could’ve released as a decent follow up to Cry Baby

have you done this yet? because Ive been wanting to but cant really figure out a tracklist... I only know that Id end it with Fire Drill and the songs Id use would probably be:

Show and Tell, Strawberry Shortcake, Lunchbox Friends, Drama Club (Demo), Detention, Teachers Pet, HSS, Fire Drill, Copy Cat, Test Me, Numbers, Glued, and Field Trip

idk if you care but Ive been thinking about it since I saw you say you were doing that lmao

11 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

still tryn get where drama club demo is better the original one where the instrumental more complete and sounds more presentable

imo K-12 is overproduced and the songs are too softened and watered down to the point where they blend in with each other and the fact that the Drama Club demo is more rough is a good thing to me.

1 hour ago, untilsunrise said:

imo K-12 is overproduced and the songs are too softened and watered down to the point where they blend in with each other and the fact that the Drama Club demo is more rough is a good thing to me.

This. This. This. The album was initially ready in late 2017 before she decided to make it into a movie, that's why she went back and changed things: to make it better match what you'd expect from a musical. 

18 hours ago, Salem said:

Cake is a bop, play date is a flop. You can tell Keenan produced it. It only blew up because tiktok kids thought the "oooooh" At the beginning was aesthetic. 

play date was popular before tiktok but whatever keeps your hate for keenan alive :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I wish Melanie could have released a second album with songs and covers that were scrapped of Cry Baby, it could be called Coloring Book and this could be the tracklist:

550x550.jpg

1. Can't Help Falling in Love (Intro)

2. Coloring Book

3. 99 Cent Store

4. Band-Aid

5. Psycho Lovers

6. Haunted

7. Cooties

8. Schizo

9. Jumprope

10. Unhappy Meal

11. A Thousand Words

12. Gold Diggin' Love

13. Zzzz

14. Half Hearted

15. Where Do Babies Come From?

16. Bombs on Monday Morning

17. Rocking Horse

18. Animal Crackers

19. Toy Chest

20. Silence Says

21. Drowning

22. Ring Pop

23. Last Chapter (Never Stayed For Love)

24. Strawberry Fields Forever

25. Candy Love

26. Heartbeat

27. Run

28. Mistakes

29. You Love I

30. Night Mime

UAmFDOp.png

On 2/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mermaid Hotel said:

Me after watching Yungelita in the K-12 film

:rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: 

41 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

I wish Melanie could have released a second album with songs and covers that were scrapped of Cry Baby, it could be called Coloring Book and this could be the tracklist:

550x550.jpg

2. Coloring Book

3. 99 Cent Store

4. Band-Aid

5. Psycho Lovers

6. Haunted

7. Cooties

8. Schizo

9. Jumprope

10. Unhappy Meal

11. A Thousand Words

12. Gold Diggin' Love

13. Zzzz

14. Half Hearted

17. Rocking Horse

18. Animal Crackers

19. Toy Chest

20. Silence Says

21. Drowning

22. Ring Pop

25. Candy Love

26. Heartbeat

27. Run

28. Mistakes

29. You Love I

30. Night Mime

cute but WDBCF is THE perfect album opener and I will stand by that till the day I die

3 hours ago, baddisease said:

Detention is one of Mel's best songs.

its also her best choreo (and one of my favorite looks especially out of the movie)...truly on another level 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

8 hours ago, untilsunrise said:

have you done this yet? because Ive been wanting to but cant really figure out a tracklist... I only know that Id end it with Fire Drill and the songs Id use would probably be:

Show and Tell, Strawberry Shortcake, Lunchbox Friends, Drama Club (Demo), Detention, Teachers Pet, HSS, Fire Drill, Copy Cat, Test Me, Numbers, Glued, and Field Trip

idk if you care but Ive been thinking about it since I saw you say you were doing that lmao

actually I did! I agree with most of your choices

this is gonna be a long ass post about me just fantasizing about how great K-12 could've been so let me use a spoiler

Spoiler

01 Nurse's Office

02 Test Me - maybe renamed to something along the lines of Pop Quiz?

03 Show & Tell

04 Numbers - renamed to Maths

05 Teacher's Pet

06 Glued - renamed to just Glue

07 Brain & Heart - renamed to Anatomy Class

08 Strawberry Shortcake

09 Orange Juice

10 The Principal

11 Recess

12 High School Sweethearts

13 Fire Drill

starting with Nurse's Office because it's such an iconic song and one of the strongest on the album when it comes to melody/production. it also goes well with the overall feel cry baby gives off at the start of the film when she's scared to go to school. i wish the production had a bit more punch in the chorus and i hate the fade in the end. then test me/show & tell/numbers which would be about bullying from her classmates, being disenchanted with the system and overall feeling a lot of pressure to meet people's expectations. then cry baby all alone looks for support in her teacher which leads to him using her (teacher's pet) and her and angelita kill him. i don't really like the idea of cry baby not being the protagonist so in my head all songs are about her. then glued/brain & heart really go well together imo and could be about cry baby rethinking the way she sees relationships with people and why she's so emotional. then she starts worrying about her insecurities with Strawberry Shortcake and she develops an eating disorder with Orange Juice but she overcomes it and ultimately decides the enemy is the principal and begins to plan how to destroy hum right before the prom dance, for which she has trouble choosing between people to go with. in between there's recess where she talks about being exhausted with the situation. then in fire drill she sets the whole school on fire with the principal and the nurses inside. 

the visuals for most of these songs would be different, for example strawberry shortcake would really be about gym class, hss would take place during the prom scene and recess is her just remembering her life before school and walking around the gardens. no lilith/angels spiritual shit, no nonsense marijuana or tampons dialogues. also it'd make sense if all of these events happen when cry baby is 12-17 yo as opposed to 6-18 like the album title suggests, because it just doesn't make sense that everything in the cry baby album happens before she is six if the album really starts where cry baby ended.

reasons why I didn't put the other songs on the album

- Wheels On the Bus: as I stated previously, it's not a good song and it was clearly written with the sole purpose of serving as an intro song and it's not even that strong for that. the lyrics are cringe and talk about characters that never appear in the film again and the melody is dull. the prechorus is the only highlight of the song. worst track this era. 

- Class Fight: lyrically it's pacify her 2.0 so it wouldn't add anything to the Cry Baby story. the chorus is extremely repetitive which makes it annoying and the lyrics on the first verse are just bad. I do like the dark sound of the chorus though. one thing I also hate about this song is how it's portrayed in the film; it seems as if Kelly is obsessed with Cry Baby when it's the opposite in the song?

- Detention: it's a bop but thematically it's the same as Show & Tell / Numbers and I thoroughly despise the chopped meat lyric. also the chorus is kinda lazy tbh

- Notebook: this song is truly hindered by its unexciting production and it's just a break up song so it's not too interesting

- Field Trip: basically a bland piggyback. it's not bad but the production feels cheap and the lyrics are all over the places even if they have some interesting moments. 

- The Bakery: it's a good song honestly but I don't think it fits with the school theme

- Drama Club, Lunchbox Friends, Copy Cat: idk I just feel like having songs about fake friends/enemies in an album about school was so predictable and boring and wouldn't add anything interesting to the conversation. drama club is the best one but it's painfully repetitive

one thing I dislike about some songs that I decided not to include in the tracklist is the distorted deep voice, because Melanie said it's supposed to represent other characters talking when it's simply not the truth and even in lunchbox friends is the complete opposite

of course all of this is just my opinion and melanie has her own about her art so I won't interfere but this is how i'll organize it on my itunes

also I tried it today and sonically it makes so much sense

1 hour ago, Sugartears said:

550x550.jpg

2. Coloring Book

3. 99 Cent Store

4. Band-Aid

5. Psycho Lovers

6. Haunted

7. Cooties

8. Schizo

9. Jumprope

10. Unhappy Meal

11. A Thousand Words

12. Gold Diggin' Love

13. Zzzz

14. Half Hearted

17. Rocking Horse

18. Animal Crackers

19. Toy Chest

20. Silence Says

21. Drowning

22. Ring Pop

25. Candy Love

26. Heartbeat

27. Run

28. Mistakes

29. You Love I

30. Night Mime

R5sPD4M.jpg

2 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

Where is the "OMG *registeredsongtitlenumber3* snippet just leaked, but it's under different name, hold on let me grab a link..... Omg Timothy Heller just hacked dbree and deleted it, I swear I heard it..." post of the day?

I love how you're just as rude and trashy as Doja. ?