Jack

Melanie Martinez

I didnt really like Copy Cat when it was first released but Copy Cat has really grown on me... I swear I dont remember it sounding as good as it does now but it just hits hard af now... has it grown like that on anyone else or is that just me?

54 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

I didnt really like Copy Cat when it was first released but Copy Cat has really grown on me... I swear I dont remember it sounding as good as it does now but it just hits hard af now... has it grown like that on anyone else or is that just me?

I personally listen to a version with the meows filtered out on, because they get annoying fast 

4 hours ago, untilsunrise said:

i fucking love copy cat (i mean i dont think it’s her best song by any means) but “feeding of misogyny but still you call yourself a feminstaaah” is so catchy sksksk

anyway never fully understood the hate for the song its a cute girl (but the one that will randomly meow, purr, and hiss in class and possibly bite someone)

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

3 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

I don't see enough floppy cat slander in this thread :lolliney:
Someone's gonna have to change that soon

Tierra's part is tacky and the only part I truly enjoy is the bridge. I'm not even bringing up the annoying sound effects because it doesn't need to be said. ?

On 2/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, Salem said:

Unhappy meal was confirmed to be an early k-12 song. K-12 wasn't originally meant to be school themed, instead it was meant to be a general extension of crybaby's world. Specifically, Melanie had sited it would "show more of the town Cry baby grew up in". The school theme came along in late 2016 while she was wrapping up the Cry baby tour. We know Unhappy Meal is for sure not a cry baby outtake because it was written and recorded after the release of cry baby. As for why rocking horse didn't make the cut, it's likely because it's subject matter of miscarriages and abortions was something Atlantic didn't want their name on, or Melanie did not feel morally right releasing. It feels like a vent song, just like how Bombs On Monday Morning was a vent song. However, I think we can all agree Play Date just.... Isn't as good as the rest of Cry baby. It shows it's Keenan production. 

No one has ever confirmed anything regardind Unhappy Meal, we don't even know who produced it, let alone when she recorded ... Conrad said it was for K-12 at his server and y'all are running with that, when his shit has ben proven to be fake.
Early on in the process of K-12 Melanie said "its about a specific place in Cry Baby's town" hence why she never said the albm title to not spoil everything.
Bombs on Monday was not a vent song, melanie wrote inspired on actual bombings that ocurred in the United States at the time, if it was a "Atalntic doen't want this sort of topic to be spoken" Marina would have not released "Savages" .. y'all would go to literally any extreme to portray a theory as reality when proof shows otherwise.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, Salem said:

She is actually saying the next film is even LESS about the music ? I'm a bit worried to see what that's gonna be like. 

Actually she has said she is writting them BOTH together in a way to make both coincide but also its own thing, which was not how K-12 went, she wrote the songs then tried and connect them with the movie (which was already an idea on 2016).
She plans of having the songs as a "soundtrack" to themovie, which could indicate both as the scenes will play out and the music will accompany it, or she'll have more scenes in which the songs are the dialogue, more of a Musical type of film ... which in my opinion is the best way to go.

4 hours ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

No one has ever confirmed anything regardind Unhappy Meal, we don't even know who produced it, let alone when she recorded ... Conrad said it was for K-12 at his server and y'all are running with that, when his shit has ben proven to be fake.

No I believed it was for K-12 long before Conrad said anything, and I believe it's produced by Michael Keenan, it's even using the same stems as some other K-12 Michael-produced songs.

12 minutes ago, Pinwheels said:

No I believed it was for K-12 long before Conrad said anything, and I believe it's produced by Michael Keenan, it's even using the same stems as some other K-12 Michael-produced songs.

Michael literally confirmed himself that the song wasn’t produced by him on Twitter. There’s so much false bullshit being spread around by her own 12 year old fans it’s getting ridiculous at this point :facepalm: 

Please shut the hell up if you don’t know what you’re talking about and let the leakers do the talking

5 hours ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Early on in the process of K-12 Melanie said "its about a specific place in Cry Baby's town" hence why she never said the albm title to not spoil everything.
Bombs on Monday was not a vent song, melanie wrote inspired on actual bombings that ocurred in the United States at the time, if it was a "Atalntic doen't want this sort of topic to be spoken" Marina would have not released "Savages" .. y'all would go to literally any extreme to portray a theory as reality when proof shows otherwise.

THANK YOU. That's what I tried to explain but never was clear enough. There is no real confirmation of Unhappy Meal being for K-12.

18 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

I don't see enough floppy cat slander in this thread :lolliney:
Someone's gonna have to change that soon

I don't see it necessary when Nurse's Office and Wheels on the Bus could receive that slander instead :wink:

I lowkey like Copy Cat. It's not an excellent track, but it's listenable. Unlike those other two I just mentioned :eek2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

16 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

Michael literally confirmed himself that the song wasn’t produced by him on Twitter. There’s so much false bullshit being spread around by her own 12 year old fans it’s getting ridiculous at this point :facepalm: 

Please shut the hell up if you don’t know what you’re talking about and let the leakers do the talking

I know it, I even know the person who asked him that, they later said they think he lied because it sounds so much like his production...

14 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

THANK YOU. That's what I tried to explain but never was clear enough. There is no real confirmation of Unhappy Meal being for K-12.

I don't see it necessary when Nurse's Office and Wheels on the Bus could receive that slander instead :wink:

I lowkey like Copy Cat. It's not an excellent track, but it's listenable. Unlike those other two I just mentioned :eek2:

Wheels on the bus SUCKS. It's just another sampled song that doesn't do it well. 

11 minutes ago, Pinwheels said:

I know it, I even know the person who asked him that, they later said they think he lied because it sounds so much like his production...

It's so painfully obvious that he either produced or co-produced it. 

33 minutes ago, Pinwheels said:

It sounds NOTHING like his production in my opinion... That's another reason why I thought it's not from K-12. If I had to compare, it reminds me of a couple outtakes from Cry Baby, the drums particularly, and I've always attributed the production of Unhappy Meal to Kinetics & One Love. I may be wrong, but the song does not sound like if it was produced by Keenan imo.

Unless it's a incredibly better production by him, compared to the rest we've heard.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: