Jack

Melanie Martinez

56 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

Imagine if Numbers was produced by K&OL

Honestly if they'd recorded on better mics and not used that effect, it would've been a BOP even being a Keenan song 

38 minutes ago, Salem said:

Honestly if they'd recorded on better mics and not used that effect, it would've been a BOP even being a Keenan song 

I still have issues with Numbers. Once it was my favourite off After School, but then it feel down for me. The Bakery, Brain & Heart and Field Trip are way better imo.

It's not only the "numbeEeEEeRrR" part that I dislike now, there's also something with the melody that feels off to me.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

number her best song and most experimental one with rockish vibes and iconic lyrics about how artists are seen just as numbers when they have so much more to offer, if you get it you get it if you don’t you don’t. period.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, Creyk said:

She did what she had to do with cooties. Even though I don't even know what the word means.

It's just a childish term for "germs"

In the context of the song, it's about wanting to touch and love someone you have a crush on, aka spreading your cooties, or germs.

Often children will say things like "Ew, you have cooties" in reference to (example) a kid having a crush on a girl, the boy would have cooties and the girl would find the boy gross. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

People need to lay Keenan off a bit

Y'all act as if Melanie didn't co-produce K-12, it was her idea, after all, to use so many practical sounds on each song, to make it more visual, and that's what gotten so repetitive on the songs.
Kennan had some really good productions on Cry Baby for Milk & Cookies, Pacify her and Play Date ... and those are staples throughout Mel's career.

He also has worked with Madison Beer, Likin Park, and G_eazy (being the one responsible for My Myself and I with Bebe Rexha)

His production has improved A LOT, especially when you listen to how different After School sounds from K-12.

Don't get me wrong I am a bit tired of him, a whole album and EP produced by the same person, it can get overwhelming.
I am happy that Melanie is working with K&OL again, but y'all hate on Keenan WAY too much for no reason

1 hour ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Milk & Cookies, Pacify her and Play Date 

And these are the three worst songs of that era. The only reason he even TOUCHED her production is because they were dating at the time these songs were produced. The exception to this is After School, where he was kept on to keep the sound from the rest of the era. If they hadn't dated, K-12 likely would've been done with Kinetics and One Love like the early demos we've heard. 

the best song on cry baby is teddy bear

i said what i said

fOS1ejE.gif 

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

15 minutes ago, Salem said:

And these are the three worst songs of that era. The only reason he even TOUCHED her production is because they were dating at the time these songs were produced. The exception to this is After School, where he was kept on to keep the sound from the rest of the era. If they hadn't dated, K-12 likely would've been done with Kinetics and One Love like the early demos we've heard. 

i could accept anything but PACIFY HER please......................literally at the top

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

59 minutes ago, Salem said:

ok so you just choose everyday to come on here and talk shit and lie

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

i could accept anything but PACIFY HER please......................literally at the top

Exactly. Pacify Her slander will NOT be tolerated. One of the best of the album imo.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Exactly. Pacify Her slander will NOT be tolerated. 

The demo is good, but like all Keenan tracks the final render is over produced and repetitive. 

somebody needs to make a heart shaped box - tag you're it mashup cause they have the same chord progression and it would slap hard as fuck 

22 minutes ago, Harvie Weinstinez said:

somebody needs to make a heart shaped box - tag you're it mashup cause they have the same chord progression and it would slap hard as fuck 

Send links to both, I'll do it.