Jack

Melanie Martinez

Don't remember if this has been asked before / if I have asked it before (feelin oblivious), but besides Copy Cat and Fire Drill, are there any After School outtakes known? I don't know why I feel more intrigued about outtakes from either K-12 or After School than about those from Cry Baby, maybe because of the very little information we have from the former.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

11 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Don't remember if this has been asked before / if I have asked it before (feelin oblivious), but besides Copy Cat and Fire Drill, are there any After School outtakes known? I don't know why I feel more intrigued about outtakes from either K-12 or After School than about those from Cry Baby, maybe because of the very little information we have from the former.

We know two songs on after school barely made the cut, I cannot for the life of me remember for sure, so we know after school has at least two outtakes. As for k-12 we know class fight was re-written three times, so we have three entirely different versions of class fight with different lyrics and or rhythms, we have the two demos for the principal that haven't been leaked, and we have the songs from the original k-12 script that had to be scratched to fit the film budget. I'd say 15-20 songs for k-12 remain in leaked, with a majority being from the early kinetics and one love session(s) that Papercuts was recorded in. We know production for k-12 began in 2016, however, songs were written before then. We also know some crybaby scraps may have been repurposed for initial scripts. I have speculation that there were kinetics and one love demos for show and tell and detention as they seem to have sonical influence and similarity to kinetics and one love productions

Edit: the almost scrapped songs were glued and field trip. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

I have speculation that there were kinetics and one love demos for show and tell and detention as they seem to have sonical influence and similarity to kinetics and one love productions

This isn’t how it works- K&OL produced a lot of Melanie’s classics but it’s not their signature sound. If they influenced the track more in anyway more than just their past work they would be credited. Demos get reworked all the time by new producers but you still have to give credit to the original producer. 

3 hours ago, Yellow said:

gut says it's strawberry boy, real excited, hey did anything else of zzzz leak?

Strawberry boy isn't a confirmed title, it's most likely fake considering Melanie has had that tattoo covered up (signifying it was likely for a family member, friend, or partner)