Jack

Melanie Martinez

36 minutes ago, Salem said:

Detention is like... One of two decent k-12 era songs and the other is fire drill. 

What's this? It sounds like "body"

https://dbree.org/v/c6387f

disregard recess and drama club like that again

do I have pizza pops or ravioli for lunch

My only complaint with K-12 (besides Wheels on the Bus' existence and Nurse's Office's gross coughing sounds), is that many songs are not so memorable, and sometimes the songwriting is annoying. But I can easily have a top 5 of the album, different to many projects I've heard.

High School Sweethearts, Show & Tell, Strawberry Shortcake, Lunchbox Friends and Teacher's Pet are my favourites.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

14 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

My only complaint with K-12 (besides Wheels on the Bus' existence and Nurse's Office's gross coughing sounds), is that many songs are not so memorable, and sometimes the songwriting is annoying. But I can easily have a top 5 of the album, different to many project I've heard.

High School Sweethearts, Show & Tell, Strawberry Shortcake, Lunchbox Friends and Teacher's Pet are my favourites.

Melanie wanted K-12 to be more of a complement to the movie than an album in its own rights and that’s why many songs are straight up boring and, compared to CB, which is a spotless, amazing work of art, just not up to par (not all songs, just most)

The thing is nobody cares about her creative vision... 

Like who goes back and watches the whole damn movie? No one.

Most people, if not all, just remember the music, so it was kind of pointless to have the music rely so much on the movie 

But whatever... TBH all these CB demos that are leaking could obliterate most tracks on K-12 

26 minutes ago, Yellow said:

disregard recess and drama club like that again

do I have pizza pops or ravioli for lunch

Drama club is literal garbage. It should've stayed scrapped. Recess was only added for the movie and you could tell she liked fire drill better. 

1 minute ago, Charlottexseax said:

The thing is nobody cares about her creative vision... 

Like who goes back and watches the whole damn movie? No one.

Thing is: She's signed to Atlantic Records as a MUSICIAN. She's not supposed to be a film director and I think k-12 was very much a show of why you can't try to be 20 things at once. I really hope Atlantic tells her she can't do more films after this second one, or that mm3 ends up without one because she should be focusing on the songs. Music should be able to stand on its own without a sub-par film to try to hold it up. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Drama club is literal garbage. It should've stayed scrapped. Recess was only added for the movie and you could tell she liked fire drill better

Again guessing Mel's likings regarding her music...

tenor.gif

Plus no, Drama Club is not really garbage. Considering Wheels on the Bus is right there.

YOU KNOW WHAT I am a person with questionable taste regarding Melanie so I think I'll shut up now.

Just now, Salem said:

Thing is: She's signed to Atlantic Records as a MUSICIAN. She's not supposed to be a film director and I think k-12 was very much a show of why you can't try to be 20 things at once. I really hope Atlantic tells her she can't do more films after this second one, or that mm3 ends up without one because she should be focusing on the songs. Music should be able to stand on its own without a sub-par film to try to hold it up. 

Er.... just came back to say yes, you can be whoever you want. Melanie DOES CAN try 1000 things at once. If her audience is build of teenagers who don't care much of her vision, that DOES NOT have to do with the fact that she wants to do it her way. Jesus.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Again guessing Mel's likings regarding her music...

tenor.gif

Honey, recess was added because k-12's budget forced her to change endings. The original ending would've had fire drill. 

Just now, rockwellfckingnorman said:

drama club, detention, strawberry shortcake top three i think

..... How is drama club your top song from k-12? It's so bad.... 

Just now, new gods said:

mess. the way the visuals constantly hinder the music cause she'd rather put more effort into them than anything else. like it took almost a year for mad hatter to come out when she should've been on her second era by 2017 which is when the album was completed by it still took 2 years for anything to come out cause of that flop movie

This is why I wish Atlantic would start telling her no sometimes. She was given six million for the movie and it still sucked. 

Just now, abombnd said:

how about we not encourage / pay attention to  mm3 leaks lmao

Considering knowing our luck we won't get it until 2023/2024 I don't blame people for being impatient.