Jack

Melanie Martinez

45 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

We have actual Cry Baby and Dollhouse demos, and idk why you put a "(LQ)" next to only PL. Mistakes and Night Mime are also like that (originally at least, you could use a remake/bass boosted for PL too)

edit: I also think calling Mistakes "Dressed in Mistakes" is cuter but yeah do whatever you want lol

Because someone shared a great edit of Mistakes and it doesn't sound as LQ as Psycho Lovers. Also, I added my Night Mime edit which uses as base the HQ pitch demo, only adding a very slightly enhanced quality of the vocals in the chorus, and overall the song doesn't sound as muffled as the real one. That's why.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

56 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Okay but this kinda works:

2021-05-11-2.png

This is only using the songs from the infamous 2014 Mel post that I talked about before. Dollhouse, Cry Baby, Carousel, and You Love I are in demo form (or mixdown from the stems, I think it's the same thing).

I'll see how do I arrange the rest of the outtakes.

Can you please upload that cover! Pretty please! Big kisses and big bimbo hugs 

2 minutes ago, NeonHitched said:

Can you please upload that cover! Pretty please! Big kisses and big bimbo hugs 

Of course!

melanie-martinez-dollhouse-full-album.pn

This is actually literally just that pic I found on the web, I think it's from the book / digital booklet. I just added a white frame and the parental advisory tag lol.

28 minutes ago, cool3dworld said:

can someone link the dead to me concept demo/new bittersweet tragedy demo and teddy bear demos? also carousel early mix? <3

dead to me concept demo https://dbree.org/v/323602

bittersweet tragedy and teddy bear are here but they sound pretty similar to me https://mega.nz/folder/NGxWnaLA#6ASWdjNOMFeS2fuQgLz3rQ

carousel early mix is a stem mixdown https://dbree.org/v/0320bd

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

Bittersweet was exported on the same day as all other Robopop songs. If the Bittersweet is THAT similar to the released then I guess the versions of other Robopop songs are like finals as well

edit: I also would assume Cooties was exported on the same day as Teddy Bear, so that's pretty close to the final too

Edited by One with the Gods

I also did this one:

2021-05-11-4.png

Before you ask, Ring Pop is the demo and the Pt. 2 is the final, I labelled them like that 'cause they sound like different stories to me. I may be tripping though. 

And in case you want the cover, I used the official Coloring Book cover but changed the font to match that of Dollhouse.

melanie-martinez-coloring-book.png

23 minutes ago, medievalthots said:

dead to me concept demo https://dbree.org/v/323602

bittersweet tragedy and teddy bear are here but they sound pretty similar to me https://mega.nz/folder/NGxWnaLA#6ASWdjNOMFeS2fuQgLz3rQ

carousel early mix is a stem mixdown https://dbree.org/v/0320bd

thank you bestie

actually heres a tip if youre using itunes!

right click and click song info, go to options, tick the stop checkmark and input the following lengths:
night mime - 3:44.119

mistakes - 4:02.277

psycho lovers - 4:13.469

and click save!

apparently this doesn't fix scrobbling though, only the track lengths :toofunny:

since everyone's sharing their unreleased album tracklists I guess I'll share the one Ive done so far?

I havent done one for the K-12 era songs because so far Ive only listened to Papercut because Ive been sick and not in the mood to listen to new music lmao

https://dbree.org/v/6609b5

this was the album cover I used because I still for the life of me cannot get uploading images onto my posts right

the tracklist I used:

1. Where Do Babies Come From?

2. Strawberry Fields Forever

3. Unhappy Meal

4. Schizo

5. Bombs On Monday Morning

6. Rocking Horse

7. A Thousand Words

8. Haunted

9. Cooties

10. 99c store

11. Papercut

12. Zzzz

I basically made it to be like some sort of B-Sides album (hence it being called Cry Baby Extra Clutter Edition) that Melanie would've released like a year after Cry Baby with an alternate storyline and concept of what could have happened with Cry Baby and how different her life couldve gone if she had made different decisions

and heres an explanation about the story concept I made:

Spoiler

Track 1: WDBCF

I HAD to chose this song as the opening track because its just perfect, couldnt imagine using any other song to open the album. It starts out at the very beginning of Cry Baby's life before she was even born, the song basically explains itself so not much to say, just that its mainly in the pov of cb's mother who get impregnated as a teen by someone who is abusive towards her and would become Cry Baby's abusive father

Track 2: Strawberry Fields Forever

Almost had no idea what to do with this song but apparently the original was about John Lennons shitty childhood so yeah just that except make it about Cry Baby

Track 3: Unhappy Meal

Since we dont have that many hq family/home life related leaked outtakes I guess we're at her young love life already lol. Basically this song is about Cry Baby projecting her insecurities and trauma by using boys and making them feel like she cares about them but she only uses them to try to gain confidence and feel in control and then dumps them, in the music video/story she would end up meeting a boy who's just like her which would end her in an unexpected situation

Track 4: Schizo

This song is about the boy she meets at the end of the Unhappy Meal storyline. Theyre growing up and have been together for a long time but theyre both confused about whether the other loves them or is just using them since thats how theyre relationship came to be, from them warning to use each other but accidentally falling for the other, they feel like theyre going back and forth and barely even know what they themselves feel at this point. They dont know if theyre using the other ("I like keeping you obsessed so Ill just keep walking away/youre just another toy I play")

and if the other is using them. The verses are like dialauge of them going back and forth and the chorus are both of them being confused.

Track 5: Bombs On Monday Morning

By now more time has passed and Cry Baby and the boy are actually now full grown adults and married, but theyve been trying to have a child for a long time with little luck. Then one time Cry Baby is finally pregnant and they both think that theyre finally gonna have a child but this song is about them getting the news that the child wont live. Using the whole "Bombs are falling" as a metaphor for the blow that false hope gave them and their relationship. She mentions the pretty neighbourhood with beautiful garden flowers and "you and the children" wishfully, thinking about what their life could be.

Track 6: Rocking Horse

This song is more about the aftermath and how Cry Baby feels about having had lost the child. Song mostly explains itself.

Track 7: A Thousand Words

Cry Baby's husband leaves her almost immediately after having had lost the baby and accepting the fact that she'll most likely be childless forever. Song is in Cry Baby's POV towards husband.

Track 8: Haunted

This song is about feeling haunted by both the absence of her husband and her miscarriaged child. She walks around the house seeing "ghosts" of what she had and could have had.

Track 9: Cooties

Cry Baby wants to win her husband back and is trying to get him to come back to her the lyric "don't you wanna catch my cooties" would be a metaphor on how her husband views her as disgusting/sick/diseased because she cant have children.

Track 10: 99c store

Cry Baby gives up on trying to win her husband back and sees him for what he truly is: a cheap liar who will leave her whenever the slightest obstacle appeared in their relationship. She sees that the relationship was ill fated and whether she could have children or not and whether she had lost their child or not, he still would have eventually left her. In the music video shed basically be going around a 99c store dancing and jumping around trying to pretend she doesnt care but while shes going around buying stuff and singing about how she doesnt care, memories play back about all of the shitty things that have happened in her life and have led her here, her childhood, her miscarriage, her husbands abandonment. At the end she visibly gives up and buys some pills and a hose and then it ends there.

Track 11. Papercut

I know this song is a K12 outtake and shouldnt be here but by the time I made this it was the only one we had so it made sense. This is about Cry Baby trying to convince herself that she should try to live and be happy regardless of everything that happened (miscarriage and divorce) and that its not the end of the world, that "it could be worse."

TW: Suicide

Track 12: Zzzz

Crybaby doesnt accept the POV in Papercut, so she kills herself using the pills and hose mentioned in the end of the 99c store story. But first she makes a call to her ex husband in a telephone in front of the hotel room hes staying in atm (which would be the songs phone call intro) then she gets in and drugs him with melatonin and murders him in his sleep, which is what all the first verse would be about. She then drags the body home and uses the hose to and all the house faucets to drown the house (referencing the Cry Baby music video closing scene). and takes the melatonin pills and dies while floating in the water with her dead ex husbands body (I row a boat with my beloved) which is what the whole second verse and final chorus is about. The music video would end in that shot, of Crybaby and the dead body floating in her house.

I thought Zzzz was the perfect closer track when I listend to the album imagening it with this concept.

So yeah sorry if this is lengthy idek if anyone will read it but it took me a while to think of it and go through it so otd be nice if you can tell me what you think if you did read this. If you can tell me where newer leaked songs could go in this tracklist thatd be cool too cuz the more help the better lmao

7 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

and heres an explanation about the story concept I made:

Hide contents

Track 1: WDBCF

I HAD to chose this song as the opening track because its just perfect, couldnt imagine using any other song to open the album. It starts out at the very beginning of Cry Baby's life before she was even born, the song basically explains itself so not much to say, just that its mainly in the pov of cb's mother who get impregnated as a teen by someone who is abusive towards her and would become Cry Baby's abusive father

Track 2: Strawberry Fields Forever

Almost had no idea what to do with this song but apparently the original was about John Lennons shitty childhood so yeah just that except make it about Cry Baby

Track 3: Unhappy Meal

Since we dont have that many hq family/home life related leaked outtakes I guess we're at her young love life already lol. Basically this song is about Cry Baby projecting her insecurities and trauma by using boys and making them feel like she cares about them but she only uses them to try to gain confidence and feel in control and then dumps them, in the music video/story she would end up meeting a boy who's just like her which would end her in an unexpected situation

Track 4: Schizo

This song is about the boy she meets at the end of the Unhappy Meal storyline. Theyre growing up and have been together for a long time but theyre both confused about whether the other loves them or is just using them since thats how theyre relationship came to be, from them warning to use each other but accidentally falling for the other, they feel like theyre going back and forth and barely even know what they themselves feel at this point. They dont know if theyre using the other ("I like keeping you obsessed so Ill just keep walking away/youre just another toy I play")

and if the other is using them. The verses are like dialauge of them going back and forth and the chorus are both of them being confused.

Track 5: Bombs On Monday Morning

By now more time has passed and Cry Baby and the boy are actually now full grown adults and married, but theyve been trying to have a child for a long time with little luck. Then one time Cry Baby is finally pregnant and they both think that theyre finally gonna have a child but this song is about them getting the news that the child wont live. Using the whole "Bombs are falling" as a metaphor for the blow that false hope gave them and their relationship. She mentions the pretty neighbourhood with beautiful garden flowers and "you and the children" wishfully, thinking about what their life could be.

Track 6: Rocking Horse

This song is more about the aftermath and how Cry Baby feels about having had lost the child. Song mostly explains itself.

Track 7: A Thousand Words

Cry Baby's husband leaves her almost immediately after having had lost the baby and accepting the fact that she'll most likely be childless forever. Song is in Cry Baby's POV towards husband.

Track 8: Haunted

This song is about feeling haunted by both the absence of her husband and her miscarriaged child. She walks around the house seeing "ghosts" of what she had and could have had.

Track 9: Cooties

Cry Baby wants to win her husband back and is trying to get him to come back to her the lyric "don't you wanna catch my cooties" would be a metaphor on how her husband views her as disgusted/sick/diseased because she cant have children.

Track 10: 99c store

Cry Baby gives up on trying to win her husband back and sees him for what he truly is: a cheap liar who will leave her whenever the slightest obstacle appeared in their relationship. She sees that the relationship was ill fated and whether she could have children or not and whether she had lost their child or not, he still would have eventually left her. In the music video shed basically be going around a 99c store dancing and jumping around trying to pretend she doesnt care but while shes going around buying stuff and singing about how she doesnt care, memories play back about all of the shitty things that have happened in her life and have led her here, her childhood, her miscarriage, her husbands abandonment. At the end she visibly gives up and buys some pills and a hose and then it ends there.

Track 11. Papercut

I know this song is a K12 outtake and shouldnt be here but by the time I made this it was the only one we had so it made sense. This is about Cry Baby trying to convince herself that she should try to live and be happy regardless of everything that happened (miscarriage and divorce) and that its not the end of the world, that "it could be worse."

TW: Suicide

Track 12: Zzzz

Crybaby doesnt accept the POV in Papercut, so she kills herself using the pills and hose mentioned in the end of the 99c store story. But first she makes a call to her ex husband in a telephone in front of the hotel room hes staying in atm (which would be the songs phone call intro) then she gets in and drugs him with melatonin and murders him in his sleep, which is what all the first verse would be about. She then drags the body home and uses the hose to and all the house faucets to drown the house (referencing the Cry Baby music video closing scene). and takes the melatonin pills and dies while floating in the water with her dead ex husbands body (I row a boat with my beloved) which is what the whole second verse and final chorus is about. The music video would end in that shot, of Crybaby and the dead body floating in her house.

I thought Zzzz was the perfect closer track when I listend to the album imagening it with this concept.

So yeah sorry if this is lengthy idek if anyone will read it but it took me a while to think of it and go through it so otd be nice if you can tell me what you think if you did read this. If you can tell me where newer leaked songs could go in this tracklist thatd be cool too cuz the more help the better lmao

wait cause this makes perfect sense?