Jack

Melanie Martinez

Honestly I’m totally fine if we didn’t get more leaks, mainly because I’m Sick and Tired of redoing my tracklist for my album over and over 

jumprope, cooties and eraser can hold me off for a year or two tbh

55 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

I actually disagree with this, I think the whole filming in Hungary thing is what ruined the movie

Theres no way to know if the script "was ruined from the start" because taking like two thirds of a script out and trying to work with that completely changes the storyline and direction. The script was doomed the minute she decided to spend the budget on filming in hungary. She shouldve gone for some sort of artsy indie movie style or sumn, she was shooting too high for someone who's only started getting into film-making

I think the movie had alot of potential to be some sort of rlly cool twisted pastel tim burton-ish matilda type of story.

You estimate how much you actually need for the movie while writing the script. Just the idea of "oh yeah let's make it 3 hours!" is out of reality. She didn't have the practice for long-film writing (because well... it IS different of writing a cute treatment for your music video without dialogue, sequences or anything at all). That's what I meant with "doomed from the start", she could have the greatest ideas for the whole concept, it needed the right hands to trimmer it.

She always aimed higher with the "aesthetic" side than the "story", so it's great she managed to produce something in such a huge escale in Hungary. It's actually cheaper to shoot on location in some "smaller" countries in Europe than actually doing it in studio\location in US. 6 Million budgets is still crazy but she probably owned that after Cry Baby having its own success and touring endlessy to have the money plus saving with these cheap songs from K12 but that's another topic.

1 hour ago, untilsunrise said:

I actually disagree with this, I think the whole filming in Hungary thing is what ruined the movie

Theres no way to know if the script "was ruined from the start" because taking like two thirds of a script out and trying to work with that completely changes the storyline and direction. The script was doomed the minute she decided to spend the budget on filming in hungary. She shouldve gone for some sort of artsy indie movie style or sumn, she was shooting too high for someone who's only started getting into film-making

I think the movie had alot of potential to be some sort of rlly cool twisted pastel tim burton-ish matilda type of story.

I find it kinda ironic that I was listening to the leaks at the exact same time mel posted that :toofunny:

I'm confused by the thought process behind this? Why do you think shooting in a specific country ruined the movie? Like what does that influence? If they had a certain art direction and aestheic in mind they would achieve the same results anywhere they shoot, no? Like how could the location be so critical.

1 hour ago, untilsunrise said:

I find it kinda ironic that I was listening to the leaks at the exact same time mel posted that :toofunny:

what's wrong with Hungary honey :/ the location was beautiful

the problem was that the project as a whole was too much for her to handle, not that the shooting took place in Hungary lol i don't get this 

1 minute ago, Charlottexseax said:

the problem was that the project as a whole was too much for her to handle, not that the shooting took place in Hungary lol i don't get this 

I am pretty sure they meant by spending so much on shooting in another country + at a castle basically. She put herself to such high expectations and it kind of fell flat

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

C'mon leak gods, bring on Night Mime V5

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Sorry for my OCD regarding unreleased music, but I wanted to check these (not in order, but they group well together)

Spoiler

2013-2015 unreleased songs

2013 EP (I'm using Take Me to the Moon even if it's not the title for that one)

1. I Think I'm Crazy
  2. Bones Are Blue
  3. Rough Love
  4. Can't Shake You
  5. Birthing Addicts
  6. Dear Porcupines
  7. A Thousand Words
  8. Time Flies
  9. Curly Cue

Coloring Book (still haven't created a tracklist)

• 99¢ Store
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Band Aid
  • Coloring Book
  • Cooties
  • I Scream
  • Jump Rope
  • Ring Pop
  • Seesaw
  • Schizo
  • Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Unhappy Meal
  • Zzzz

other album (haven't thought of a title nor made a tracklist yet)

• Bittersweet Tragedy
  • Bombs on Monday
  • Dead to Me
  • Drowning (maybe)
  • Half Hearted
  • Haunted
  • Mistakes
  • Night Mime
  • Psycho Lovers
  • Rocking Horse
  • Trophy Wife
  • Where Do Babies Come From
  • You Love I

+ Drowning and Twins are just concept demos, sadly, so I didn't include them, but I may end up adding Drowning to the untitled album.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

Renting an entire castle for a month wiped out half the budget. As beautiful as it was, it really meant she had to sacrifice a LOT of other things. 

6 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

@One with the Gods can you help me out with this bestie?

posting this here cause I’m sure other people might have missed it too

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MhzN_Au29kzbr7JeRNZtBKCexroaIy3I?usp=sharing I don't have Coloring Book or Trophy Wife so I put in my files instead. I don't think downloads to those were ever enabled but I can ask Melody

2 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

New Cry Baby album photoshoot outtakes leaked. Second and last one are edits from one of the leakers but still unleaked photos so including them

this is a serve thank u!!!!! 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

Yeah it's better if y'all don't quote my whole message, it's just more spam/clogging for this thread

where are these from and is there more? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Ive always wanted a song from Mel called "candy floss" or "bubblegum" or some other really sweet candy , "lollipop" "gummy worms"