Jack

Melanie Martinez

okay I'm so new to this. Who is this Titanic Sinclair and what did he do to Melanie? I'm aware he has worked with Poppy and Mars (though I don't listen to either), and that he had issues with them too, but I don't know about it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

15 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

okay I'm so new to this. Who is this Titanic Sinclair and what did he do to Melanie? I'm aware he has worked with Poppy and Mars (though I don't listen to either), and that he had issues with them too, but I don't know about it.

He created the project of Mars Argo along with  Mars (it’s a stage name, her name is Brittany) and he abused her physically and verbally and manipulated her until they broke up

Then he took everything he did with Mars and copied the whole thing with Moriah, aka Poppy

Eventually Poppy cut all ties with him and called him “abusive” which is so funny considering Poppy herself had attacked Mars for the same reason?? Whatever

While Poppy and Sinclair were working together he attacked Melanie and said she was trying to copy them

in what fucking way does Melanies baby-doll school aesthetic compare with the robotic white background shit Sinclair tried to pump into Poppy , I'm lost. I'm real lost. glad the man apologized tho.

didn't Sky Ferreira have issues with that Foxygen chick? Ive never read much on her 

14 minutes ago, lovesick said:

do we have a mars argo thread here? she has been promissing a solo project for years now, she's like (even more) underground sky ferreira

We do! Also she never really promised a new album, she was just saying "new music". Her 2016 and last album got scrapped after some unfortunate events which was her first solo move

2 hours ago, teacherzpet said:

If i could add on to the argument, Melanie did also say in the early process of k-12 that she planned on repurpose unreleased songs from Cry Baby, so it could've went either way.

when did she say this??

from what i can remember, she was always saying there won't be any old songs/Cry baby outtakes because the theme is too specific 

Image.jpg

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

18 minutes ago, playingwithmyonepercent said:

when did she say this??

from what i can remember, she was always saying there won't be any old songs/Cry baby outtakes because the theme is too specific 

Image.jpg

https://dbree.org/v/75dcfb

From an interview back in 2015, so like i said. in the early stages of k-12 she was considering 

57 minutes ago, teacherzpet said:

https://dbree.org/v/75dcfb

From an interview back in 2015, so like i said. in the early stages of k-12 she was considering 

what interview was this? sounds like it was before she started writing the album

she's basically saying she might include Cry baby songs but she hasn't figured out the theme yet. we can assume that she had moved on from any old songs very early, around the time when she came up with the school theme in 2015, as mentioned in her instagram comment.

Melanie was literally making songs in 2015 talking about serious topics such as abusing and plastic surgery with a childish aesthetic that was used to represent that in a person's childhood, their view of the world and the things around they influence for the rest of his life, and is also the moments where traumas and insecurities arise saying to her fans that they weren't alone and that she understood them, most people said that she was sexualizing children and glamorizing these topics, when she never did that to "sexualize" children and was very careful with talking about those topics. Then we are in 2021, and Megan The Stallion releases a song called Cry Baby with extreme sexual connotation with a clip going on in a toy store and she is clearly sexualizing childish things, but everyone started to applaud her even though she is made those things. This is sadly the world we're living in.

UAmFDOp.png

11 minutes ago, playingwithmyonepercent said:

what interview was this? sounds like it was before she started writing the album

you can skip to 6:55 for it.

But it was after crybaby. + adding, they were already writing songs for the album

40 minutes ago, teacherzpet said:

you can skip to 6:55 for it. But it was after crybaby. + adding, they were already writing songs for the album

So she's saying she might include old songs, but she hasn't decided if she will or not. interesting i guess.

the stuff @Salem said in his post is still super wrong though, btw

23 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

Melanie was literally making songs in 2015 talking about serious topics such as abusing and plastic surgery with a childish aesthetic that was used to represent that in a person's childhood, their view of the world and the things around they influence for the rest of his life, and is also the moments where traumas and insecurities arise saying to her fans that they weren't alone and that she understood them, most people said that she was sexualizing children and glamorizing these topics, when she never did that to "sexualize" children and was very careful with talking about those topics. Then we are in 2021, and Megan The Stallion releases a song called Cry Baby with extreme sexual connotation with a clip going on in a toy store and she is clearly sexualizing childish things, but everyone started to applaud her even though she is made those things. This is sadly the world we're living in.

Very weird post. There's literally no reason to bring up Megan,, these are toy cars, dolls, plastic dinosaurs, literally inanimate objects... like is it ever that serious.. "oh no big bad megan sexualizing hot wheels :(((" literally who cares. I don't think Melanie sexualizes children but let's not act like she wasn't dressed as a toddler in a crib flashing another guy dressed as a toddler in the pacify her video. How is that morally superior to Megan dancing in a toy store?

qfrWuBl.png