Jack

Melanie Martinez

18 hours ago, mansfield ringer said:

K-12 is to Melanie as Love+Fear is to MARINA

the war will never end :bebe:

Oh not the L+F slander here too :bebe: I've had enough with it in the Marina thread. Besides No More Suckers, Life Is Strange and Enjoy Your Life and some bad lines here and there, it's not really a tragedy. 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

OoOoOoOorange :troll:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

OoOoOoOorange :troll:

orange trees and orange juice mashup when??

:oop2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

2 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

Not trying to start anything but please keep mention of Marina and her mediocre album off this thread thank u  :lolliney:

At me honey, I don't get mad :lolliney: 

But it's true, this is not the Marina thread. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, GhettoBaby said:

Never thank god

never say never :xgiggle:

EDIT: trigger warning for your ears if you decide to listen :mj2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

if the album is really medieval themed, we can expect some whack ass titles like Street Fair, Forge, Pumpkin Cake and references to the Tarot of Marseille like Two of Swords, The Tower etc.

also references to alchemy and solve et coagula because why not :facepalm:

On 6/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, Salem said:

A good album doesn't require visuals to make sense. That's why people hate k-12. It relies on the film (which isn't that good) to make sense. 

Aside from the first 2 or 3 tracks, you can definitely listen to the songs on K-12 without thinking of the film's story. After "Class Fight" it's just a bunch of songs about real situations with school as a metaphor or theme that she retroactively tied together into a story. I.e. "Show & Tell" is clearly about the music industry, but it's about the staff of K-12 for story purposes. Cry Baby is the exact same thing but with childhood, it just feels different because that's a broader concept.

With certain songs like "Nurse's Office" and "Recess", the film doesn't even really correlate. The lyrics of those songs tell a completely different story than what you see on screen. "Strawberry Shortcake" has a clear gym class inspiration which isn't present in the visual. Things like the magical Empath powers or characters like Ben, Leo, etc. are never so much as alluded to on the album.

Maybe the album has just grown on me the past couple months, but I think it's overly hated for something that isn't even true! :smh:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

6 minutes ago, FellReallyHard4U said:

i hope this next album has 17 tracks on the standard and deluxe maybe 3 more songs im sick of the 13 track albums after four years of waiting like wtf

I truly wish this won't happen. I prefer 10-14 songs in a standard, and maybe some *optional* extra tracks here and there, but 17 is way too many. 

But, if she keeps releasing 2:30 songs (Notebook, The Bakery and now apparently Dragon's Blood, as short at its 2:42), we'd need a few more. This 2 min songs trend has to end I swear :defeated: 

I would love a longer album and at the same time i wish that the movie will focus more on story rather than the songs

In my head a 15 track album with 9 full songs in the movie would work well, the others could just be shortened or just stay as album only tracks

My hope is she releases a full length 15-17 track album and then an EP rounding out at about 20-25 tracks total for the era and just drops the movie. The movie hasn't even been able to start production because of COVID. Let's say for the sake of things the script is done and accepted. Then there's location scouting, casting, budgeting, all that which will take 4-6 months at least, then wardrobing, hair, ect. Then she has to film which would take 1-2 months at least and even after that was all done it would still need editing, post production, scoring, ect and for k-12 just post-production took around a year and a half. If she wants to release a film at the same time as the album we won't get the album until 2023-2024. That's saying she begins shooting this year which just can't happen when the film likely hasn't been approved for a budget yet, let alone casted or scouted. 

30 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

But, if she keeps releasing 2:30 songs (Notebook, The Bakery and now apparently Dragon's Blood, as short at its 2:42), we'd need a few more. This 2 min songs trend has to end I swear :defeated: 

I love dragon's blood but I hate the really short tracks phase she's in. She's also in this phase of not adding bridges and doing only 1 or 2 verses which is contributing to making tracks even shorter. (Notebook, Brain & Heart, and multiple other recent tracks are either lacking a bridge, have few verses, or both)