Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

Cry Baby is one of the most elaborately produced & well written albums that I've ever listened to. It's crazy to still see artists trying to replicate her sound and style till this day.

Miss diaper girl was ahead of her time whether some people want to admit that or not :oprah3:

It's true, but I have actually heard more artists sounding like her recent work in After School. Lucy Loone, Jazmin Bean and some others give me that vibe, especially in their vocals, though I don't necessarily think they are copying Mel. 

I still think she did indeed pave the way for them, more or less. 

9 hours ago, Salem said:

The way even Melanie can't seem to live up to her old work. :/ Hopefully going back to Kinetics & One Love can give us at least some good stuff. I don't know how much longer I can take the bridgeless under 3 minute crap she's been releasing lately. 

Not only her; the 2-minute-song-releases trend has taken power of many singers I like and I profoundly hate it :cryney: but I kinda feel Melanie won't do that for the third album. Maybe Notebook for its *half-baked* nature and The Bakery for being the last recorded for After School, but maybe it won't happen for MM3?

Let me dream:rollin: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Lol I used to be a Cry Baby purist like y'all are but recently I re-listened to her whole discography and Cry Baby definitely shows its age. The whole aesthetic screams early 2010's Tumblr, and while that isn't a bad thing necessarily, some of the songs concepts and lyrics reek of "I'm not like other girls!" 

Cry Baby still is my favorite album ever just because of the nostalgia and the songs being all so memorable and iconic AF. But loving her debut album ≠ hating her other projects. K-12 is far from perfect but there's fun songs here and there and her vocals really shine in some of the tracks. After School is an experimental serve and a step in the right direction after K-12's shortcomings.

All her projects have something to offer if you're willing to look past the "old = gold" ideology.  

Yes yes we know Melanie is pee pee poo poo now, cry baby is the only good thing she will ever release etc etc 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

30 minutes ago, your bestie said:

Lol I used to be a Cry Baby purist like y'all are but recently I re-listened to her whole discography and Cry Baby definitely shows its age. The whole aesthetic screams early 2010's Tumblr, and while that isn't a bad thing necessarily, some of the songs concepts and lyrics reek of "I'm not like other girls!"

:rip:

Melanie seems to do her own thing with her music and honestly it's great. K-12 the album isn't her best but it's not the worst thing I've ever heard, the film has some spectacular visuals imo, it probably would be far better if atlantic would gave her the 11 mil she needed at first. After School (especially test me) is supposedly the bridge between her second album and her next project.

Spoiler

which we can hear from the leaks THANKFULLY 

We just need to give her some space to breathe (and no leaks, there is no way she doesn't know about them)

7 hours ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

History is honestly Top 5 it’s scary thinking about how it didn’t make After School The world wasn’t ready for that serve yet I fear

I really hope she include on MM3, it would fit so well.

UAmFDOp.png

1 hour ago, Sugartears said:

I hope not honestly. I love the song but we already have it. I'd like the album to be 13 new, entirely unheard songs. Plus it doesn't fit the fantasy theme I've been picking up. 

2 hours ago, Sugartears said:

I honestly think it would not fit at all, considering the leaked songs. But I think it should have been released as a standalone single during the era, like Copy Cat and Fire Drill.

2 hours ago, your bestie said:

Btw does anybody know what happened to the "Melanie will release something this summer" rumors? Cause everyone seemed to believe them for a while :toofunny:

Were there any? :wat: 

I thought it was *kind of possible* because of her Instastories in the studio with Kinetics & One Love, but never thought there could be a real hint at it. Guess it would be cool now that we know she definitely has some songs from the next project. Or maybe she will wait until next year, but I hope not :toofunny: 

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Were there any? :wat: 

I thought it was *kind of possible* because of her Instastories in the studio with Kinetics & One Love, but never thought there could be a real hint at it. Guess it would be cool now that we know she definitely has some songs from the next project. Or maybe she will wait until next year, but I hope not :toofunny: 

Melanie made a post in March basically saying "I always take years to finish projects, lol!" So I think that was a subtle "no mm3 for a few years"

On 7/13/2021 at 9:31 PM, your bestie said:

Cry Baby still is my favorite album ever just because of the nostalgia and the songs being all so memorable and iconic AF. But loving her debut album ≠ hating her other projects. K-12 is far from perfect but there's fun songs here and there and her vocals really shine in some of the tracks. After School is an experimental serve and a step in the right direction after K-12's shortcomings.

All her projects have something to offer if you're willing to look past the "old = gold" ideology.  

You really thought this made sense huh?

This is such a weird criticism, who cares whether the visuals are 00s Tumblr or if the lyrics are “I’m not like the other girls”? 

Most people care about the melodies, the production and the instrumentals, which are all top notch on CB 

Like why do you think Play Date became a hit on TikTok? Because of the visuals? No. Because of the lyrics? No. Because it has a catchy hook and a good production. 

Johnny gave me apples, Johnny gave me gum, Johnny gave me 50¢ to never fall in love, gave him back his apples, gave him back his gum, gave him back his 50¢ and then I fell in love.

EY go have a glass of water, it's for your health and the betterment of your brain. ty

I'm very excited to make my first court debut this Saturday. Warner has finally cracked down on me and Melanie's lawyer will be taking me to court and trying to sue me. I've got this and will be excited to see Ms. Martinez in court next to me. What should I ask her? Should I do an interview? Either way I'm very stoked to share my prison cell with my best buddy KJ.