Jack

Melanie Martinez

6 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

I don’t think the Bubble Boy snippet is actually it, her voice sounds like After School-MM3 to me

That's just how her voice sounds without retouching. Listen to old recording sessions from Alphabet Boy or Zzzz, she sounds that way in those too. 

12 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

can someone post the highest quality we have of You Love I Demo 1?

IIRC correctly, we have flac for demo 2, I'm not sure about demo 1 tho. I know we have it at least in good mp3. What file do you have? 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

IIRC correctly, we have flac for demo 2, I'm not sure about demo 1 tho. I know we have it at least in good mp3. What file do you have? 

demo 2 flac is a stem mixdown, the recent leak of demo 2 is the official one. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yVeRJfBXcGlrGJO_cSxfXInBxq7MQM2q/view

as for demo 1, here is the highest (its from warner but its renamed) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_l_8Pk390KYqjGElAenqrGcvODtClxK/view?usp=sharing

I can't believe Where Do Babies Come From finally leaked in full and I'm just finding out now wow. I was a huge fan back in the DollhouseEP/Cry Baby times (still kinda am cause I still tune in for every new release but I don't keep in touch anymore with news and leaks) and I saw there are like 20+ new unreleased songs. I'm going to have a field day with that. 

What unreleased songs should I absolutely listen to? I'll get to them all eventually but I could use some suggestions :brows:.

Also do we know something about MM3? I'm curious about what direction and concept she's going for this time. I hope it's similar to the last EP cause I honestly loved her new evolved sound. The only thing I know about the new album is that she wanted to make another film for it right?

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I can't believe Where Do Babies Come From finally leaked in full and I'm just finding out now wow. I was a huge fan back in the DollhouseEP/Cry Baby times (still kinda am cause I still tune in for every new release but I don't keep in touch anymore with news and leaks) and I saw there are like 20+ new unreleased songs. I'm going to have a field day with that. 

What unreleased songs should I absolutely listen to? I'll get to them all eventually but I could use some suggestions :brows:.

Also do we know something about MM3? I'm curious about what direction and concept she's going for this time. I hope it's similar to the last EP cause I honestly loved her new evolved sound. The only thing I know about the new album is that she wanted to make another film for it right?

listen to History and Gluestick!!!

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

In terms of suggestions on recent leaks, all in alphabetical order:

Cry Baby era leaks:

1. Arts & Crafts - It has a darker Cry Baby vibe, and is pretty catchy!
  2. Coloring Book - It's pretty much the summary of the Cry Baby era with tons of references to the album as a whole. It's also pretty uniquely structured and produced in regards to typical Melanie songs. 
  3. Cooties - A cute love song, kind of in the same vein as Training Wheels being a childish take on love.
  4. Dressed in Mistakes - My personal favorite of all the recent leaks, it has an infectious melody with an instrumental that complements it very well.
  5. Jumprope - If you were a Melanie stan since 2014, then you probably know about this one as its been registered for so long. It has the same sort of darker vibe as Arts & Crafts does while still maintaining the child-like outlook. The chorus is a bit cringey but it's a good listen anyways!
  6. Rocking Horse - It's the kind of song that is heartbreaking thematically, but has an instrumental distracting enough to make it seem happy. This is another one that is going to get stuck in your head after the first listen! 
  7. Seesaw - We don't have many piano ballads from Melanie which makes this song feel so much more raw. The piano really makes it stand out and paired with the writing, it's a song you don't want to miss out on hearing. 
  8. Trophy Wife - I don't see many people talking about this one, but it's another one of my favorites. I guess people tend to overlook it since it doesn't entirely sound like Cry Baby (The Michael Keenan Curse) but its always stuck in my head and I find it to be a gem in Mel's unreleased.
  9. Zzzz - To me, this song and Coloring Book are the yin to each other's yang. Where one might open the Cry Baby album, the other would most definitely be the closer. It's a shame neither ended up on the final tracklist, but I'd rather have neither than only one.

K-12 era leaks:

1. Eraser - While we don't have many K-12 outtakes (even now,) this is one I know would've been an amazing addition to the final tracklist. I find it 100x better than... SOME.... songs that ended up on it. 
  2. Gluestick - I will forever be in mourning of Gluestick and Eraser... this song especially has such a cinematic appeal to it, and I don't mean cinematic as in strings, but in that you could literally feel and see the scene that it would fit into to. These two songs are both relics of a hip-hop sound that Melanie decided to scrap for K-12.
  3. Papercut - I mention this one since you can't have the previous two without this one. The lyrics are a little... hastily written, but the instrumental is again very hip-hop sounding that we don't see much of anywhere else. 

After School era leaks:

1. History - Just putting this here since it's the only After School leak as of yet. I don't really care for it but I know a lot of people like it!

I chose songs that were more conceptualized, alongside my own personal favorites. There are a LOT more than I mentioned, so make sure to get a masterpost of the leaks when you're listening!

And about MM3, with some leaks in the recent months, we can gather that this album is more reminiscent of After School tracks with new and surprising elements! I'm more than positive in a fantastic end product whenever it's out. Also yes, another film will accompany this release! A sequel to K-12.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Thank you so much for the suggestions :kiss3:. I'll let you guys know my opinion when I listen to them all but I'm sure I'll love them based on the comments.

nobody mentioned ring pop, u must listen to this one!!! 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y