Jack

Melanie Martinez

I'LL BE YOUR PATIENT, BABY

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH ME

I NEED A FACELIFT MAYBE

YOU COULD PUT YOUR PILLS IN ME

Damn why is it so short :trisha: I wish the chorus was twice longer with new lyrics in the second half or something, at least that would help edits not to feel too repetitive. And that production is incredible :defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 8/19/2021 at 4:29 AM, Mermaid Hotel said:

Can anyone confirm anything else about the song Band Aid? Like are there anymore demos or if it even exist in higher quality than what we have? I hate that out of all of her unreleased songs we know the least about that one  :creep:

Band-Aid:

Written by Aalias, Frequency, Kinetics, Melanie Martinez

Produced by Aalias, Frequency

I believe that one was recorded/written around the same time as Mad Hatter. Don't know if there's more than one version but I doubt it, and if there is, I don't think any fans have it at the moment!

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

18 hours ago, The Siren said:

Who?

A producer that Melanie has worked with around April 2014, but she also worked with J Soundz and Rey Reel around that time and it's currently unknown which song(s) Melanie has worked with these producers.

UAmFDOp.png

14 hours ago, The Siren said:

Also does the CD version of Cry Baby have Tag you're it and Milk and cookies corssfade into each other? I remember reading that it does but I don't have any physical copies of it to confirm. 

Also in the k-12 film at 1:13:47 there's a song playing in the background. Is that another Melanie song or no?

Mine does, I have the storybook version I can try and post a video of it to youtube 

And that's "Tonight You Belong To Me" by Patience and Prudence 

12 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Mine does, I have the storybook version I can try and post a video of it to youtube 

And that's "Tonight You Belong To Me" by Patience and Prudence 

Oh great! Do you have time to rip your CD for me in lossless? Preferably in apple lossless (alac). I have the iTunes purchased copy. 

It was such a wasted opportunity to tease an After School song (or Copy Cat) smh

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Oh great! Do you have time to rip your CD for me in lossless? Preferably in apple lossless (alac). I have the iTunes purchased copy. 

It was such a wasted opportunity to tease an After School song (or Copy Cat) smh

I know how to rip it on itunes but is it any different to do it on lossless?

24 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

Could you also rip flac / wav? I've not heard that crossfade before and it'd probably be cute. 

13 minutes ago, NeonHitched said:

I’ll be your patient baby, do whatever you want w me… is haunting

I agreeee i’ve been obsessed since @Glitter Boy’s remake :defeated: omg

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Thank you so much! I may finish an updated version later today, with an improved chorus :dua: I'll post it as soon as I have it exported :kiss3: 

56 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

:trisha:
Edit - preferences - general - when you insert a CD - import settings - import using: apple lossless encoder - check off "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs" - ok

Then import ?

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

:trisha:
Edit - preferences - general - when you insert a CD - import settings - import using: apple lossless encoder - check off "Use error correction when reading Audio CDs" - ok

Then import ?

thats actually a good setting to leave it on but it works better with old/scratched cds. iTunes is not a good software for ripping cds I would rather use xld (Mac) or dbpoweramp (using the accurate rip settings which iTunes lacks) but well thats just what audiophiles would suggest. The only benefit checking that setting off is that the ripping will be slightly faster

On 8/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, Nightmare said:

Finished the second version! https://dbree.org/v/961203

I decided not to add anything to the instrumental, it sounds perfect that way. I just enhanced the chorus a little bit and added the instrumental outro of the original. Enjoy! :heart: 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, LunaeManifestum said:

thats actually a good setting to leave it on but it works better with old/scratched cds. iTunes is not a good software for ripping cds I would rather use xld (Mac) or dbpoweramp (using the accurate rip settings which iTunes lacks) but well thats just what audiophiles would suggest. The only benefit checking that setting off is that the ripping will be slightly faster

I use dbpoweramp to convert wav to alac or flac to m4a 256 to mimic iTunes plus files just so I can have the explicit tag xo

I do remember ripping some CDs in uncompressed flac before and one of the responces was "ew compress it compress it" sksk

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

I use dbpoweramp to convert wav to alac or flac to m4a 256 to mimic iTunes plus files just so I can have the explicit tag xo

I do remember ripping some CDs in uncompressed flac before and one of the responces was "ew compress it compress it" sksk

lol I do the same but with xld. 2 years ago I decided to redo my whole library in lossless (used to have the majority as 320 mp3 or iTunes plus) it took me almost 2 months but oh god its so good now to have them in lossless however my iPhone only handles 64gb so I created a new library with 128kbps vbr aac compressed files and quality is still outstanding

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I decided not to add anything to the instrumental, it sounds perfect that way. I just enhanced the chorus a little bit and added the instrumental outro of the original. Enjoy! :heart: 

omg sounds so good, I didn't like the original that much, can u send me ur first version?

6 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

lol I do the same but with xld. 2 years ago I decided to redo my whole library in lossless (used to have the majority as 320 mp3 or iTunes plus) it took me almost 2 months but oh god its so good now to have them in lossless however my iPhone only handles 64gb so I created a new library with 128kbps vbr aac compressed files and quality is still outstanding

Yeah when I used my Android it only held 4 GB so I converted to 128 with dbpoweramp :nails:

So anyway, Melanie Martinez!

10 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

thank you so much for this! i'm obsessed

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

This sounds dope, thanks! do you also have an edit for band aid?