Jack

Melanie Martinez

anyway.. I really hope she decides to drop the pastel/baby pink aesthetic for her next album. I would find it extremely jarring since she’s been using it for over 7 years...

It would make perfect sense to use a different color palette cuz her music is going for a more darker approach  :whatever:

14 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

anyway.. I really hope she decides to drop the pastel/baby pink aesthetic for her next album. I would find it extremely jarring since she’s been using it for over 7 years...

It would make perfect sense to use a different color pallet cuz her music is going for a more darker approach  :whatever:

Totally! I'm rooting for a dark palette this era. :gurl:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

14 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

It would make perfect sense to use a different color pallet cuz her music is going for a more darker approach  :whatever:

Imagine if she went for cool tones. Though if she did that she'd have to rebrand herself 100% since she's so known for her pastels and I doubt she'd want to do that. I don't think it'll happen sadly since I think pastels are genuinely her preferred colors but it would be nice if she went more to a blue/green/purple spectrum for an era over pink/orange/yellow again. 

31 minutes ago, Salem said:

Imagine if she went for cool tones. Though if she did that she'd have to rebrand herself 100% since she's so known for her pastels and I doubt she'd want to do that. I don't think it'll happen sadly since I think pastels are genuinely her preferred colors but it would be nice if she went more to a blue/green/purple spectrum for an era over pink/orange/yellow again. 

Hum... I think the pastel tones are associated with her Cry Baby character. However, is this new album is still going to be about Cry Baby but in a different stage AND with darker sounds, I don't see why wouldn't she step to a darker colour choices instead. 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

alright so

as someone who is mostly against everything Melanie represents (look idk that whole baby things but "adult" aesthetic is beyond fucking off to me),  I actually really enjoyed Dragons Blood! If it will be on the album, I might give it a geniune chance instead of hate listening to it (like i did when K-12 + movie dropped)

4 minutes ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

alright so

as someone who is mostly against everything Melanie represents (look idk that whole baby things but "adult" aesthetic is beyond fucking off to me),  I actually really enjoyed Dragons Blood! If it will be on the album, I might give it a geniune chance instead of hate listening to it (like i did when K-12 + movie dropped)

was it weird? yes, a little bit. i always wondered why Cry Baby at a young age wore see through lace clothing. but i chalked it up to be because of her mother :true:

53 minutes ago, Heresthedeal said:

Thoughts on oliver tree writing this about her?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Olivertree/status/1409196541160476675

People actually listen to his music? That’s really embarrassing lol

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

41 minutes ago, Heresthedeal said:

Lil peep did the hair better

Omg not u pulling up my post from 8 years ago skfjghfsk

If anything, her hair annoys me even more now w the mullet style, but I do still like her voice & songzzzz x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS