Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I wish she would do what Halsey did and release the album then the movie later (unless I'm just oblivious and it came out at the same time) but Melanie does what she wants so we shall suffer until thenΒ 

The film came outΒ about a few days before the albumΒ in theatres ?

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

4 hours ago, WhatAJokeYouAre said:

i'm doubtful of mm3 coming next year if she hasn't even finished the album yet (in a recent tiktok she confirmed she's still not done with it)

right. like it's obviously not coming until atleast 2023. Idk why she always gives us fake dates and lies to us. It's literally starting to get annoying.

7 minutes ago, Alloy said:

right. like it's obviously not coming until atleast 2023. Idk why she always gives us fake dates and lies to us. It's literally starting to get annoying.

Not to be rude or anything but I've seen many people (not only you, but your post was right here, so please don't take it personal bestie) saying this about Mel and many other singers (Lana, Gaga, etc). Guys, it's not thatΒ they lieΒ to us. It's obvious there are reasons why projects are pushed back - or simply they're not ready for the date they estimate the records to be finished. Will we only wait till the day we create albums / films / documentaries / music videos / etc. of the same range as our faves, to understand that giving a release date that can't be met is not lying? Because it's not. Shit happens, and sometimes processes have to be slowed down / stopped / postponed. Let's not take it as if they are playing games with their audience, or as if they're lying. They're most likely wishing to give updates to their fans and sometimes they have to push plans back. It's not a big deal. In the end, Mel will deliver. It's not like she will be endlessly working on an album that will never come out.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

17 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Not to be rude or anything but I've seen many people (not only you, but your post was right here, so please don't take it personal bestie) saying this about Mel and many other singers (Lana, Gaga, etc). Guys, it's not thatΒ they lieΒ to us. It's obvious there are reasons why projects are pushed back - or simply they're not ready for the date they estimate the records to be finished. Will we only wait till the day we create albums / films / documentaries / music videos / etc. of the same range as our faves, to understand that giving a release date that can't be met is not lying? Because it's not. Shit happens, and sometimes processes have to be slowed down / stopped / postponed. Let's not take it as if they are playing games with their audience, or as if they're lying. They're most likely wishing to give updates to their fans and sometimes they have to push plans back. It's not a big deal. In the end, Mel will deliver. It's not like she will be endlessly working on an album that will never come out.

I hope you're right about this.

I just don't think there's any way in hell this album will be done for 2022 and for filming. there's literally only a handful of completed songs with K&OL, the rest are extremely unfinished and are all from this year. It seems she didn't start recording until literally this year, so I'd say there's literally no way it'll be perfected for 2022.

55 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Exactly! At least she's not porcelain black ?

fUsMzFd.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Alloy said:

they're talking about Melanie ? the film literally came out before the album.

no, halsey's film came out in theatres before the album did. Mel released K-12 album and film together at the same time

fUsMzFd.jpeg

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

no, halsey's film came out in theatres before the album did. Mel released K-12 album and film together at the same time

i'm pretty sure mel's film came out before the album too, but it was just one day earlierΒ 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:53 AM, ItsRavenHunty said:

Leak shadow puppets in hq and Animal crackers

Β 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

Lost & Found is a gorgeous song, far better than History in my opinion.Β 

Β 

I transcribed these lyrics back in like May/June, but I never figured outΒ what she's saying in the second half of the bridge (around 2:32). Is anybody able to figure it out?

Spoiler

Β All you do is complain
'Bout the things you lost some years ago, babe
Step on all those memories 'cause they're deadweight
But absorb the message, apply the lesson
When we die we take no possessions, no

You know it's hard when you hold me like that
Falling too deep and it brings you right back, oh-oh
If they were the lost one, maybe I'm the found one
You'll never catch a rainbow focused on an old storm

In the lost and found, in the lost and found
You'd be surprised what you'd find
Someone's trashes are not their once gold prize
Love is a risk, they are combined
But deny the rhapsody in our eyes

Pick up the pace
Eyes off all your losses and the past pain
Don't be scared of holding onto new things
I know you're jaded and I'm frustrated
Not everybody will treat you like they did

It must be hard not to act like that
How you contrast when you never learned that? Oh-oh
If they were the lost one, maybe I'm the found one
You'll never catch a rainbow focused on an old storm

Β 

Romanticizing short encounters is a coping mechanism
For past wounds
[?]

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Β 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯