Jack

Melanie Martinez

37 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

to me it looks like she wanted the EP to be linear in production and be focused on lyrics

i believe she did say that she was more focused on lyrics than production.

She has so much better things to sing about that most of her released songs. I hope one day she won't feel so restrained by needing to make a theme for an album and stick to it no matter what. I guess After School was less restrained than Cry Baby and certainly K-12.

I know artists hate it and get really upset when their material leaks, and I bet I'd feel that way too. But Melanie's leaks have always shown me that she's much more than a singer who likes vintage children aesthetics and metaphors that seem too in your face. Of course some of her unreleased leaks are like that too, but some songs really surprise me.

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

She has so much better things to sing about that most of her released songs. I hope one day she won't feel so restrained by needing to make a theme for an album and stick to it no matter what. I guess After School was less restrained than Cry Baby and certainly K-12.

I know artists hate it and get really upset when their material leaks, and I bet I'd feel that way too. But Melanie's leaks have always shown me that she's much more than a singer who likes vintage children aesthetics and metaphors that seem too in your face. Of course some of her unreleased leaks are like that too, but some songs really surprise me.

i hope that when the time comes for anniversary reissues, the less themed songs make an appearance on a separate disc. itd be absolutely amazing :trisha:

46 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Exactly, she could do so much more if it was not the crybaby storyline. I have a feeling she's going to be free for MM3

16 hours ago, cool3dworld said:

Night Mime should have absolutely been released ahh

imo Night Mime is her best song lyrically and sonically.

52 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

Lost & Found is one her best songs ever??? I wonder why this and History were scrapped but Notebook and Field Trip made it

to be honest, out of her whole discography, it really isn't too good and unique. It's pretty low for me, but then again most AS songs are for me.

We really could've had After School as a full album with Copy Cat, Fire Drill, History and Lost & Found :cryney:

Disregarding the backlash many songs from these sessions have had, etiher released (Notebook), orphaned as standalone (Copy Cat) or unreleased.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

We really could've had After School as a full album with Copy Cat, Fire Drill, History and Lost & Found :cryney:

Disregarding the backlash many songs from these sessions have had, etiher released (Notebook), orphaned as standalone (Copy Cat) or unreleased.

where would you put/arrange all 11 songs :cryney:

52 minutes ago, Yellow said:

firedrill

notebook

lost & found

brain & heart

test me

history

numbers

copy cat

glued

field trip

the bakery

food for thought

would have made an interesting album tbh.