Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'd pretty much love this girl to never be mentioned in this thread again - we don't want Melanie in a Sky situation where there's a lot of "new music is coming!" and then silence every damn time.

I use iTunes to convert files, and it does not admit uploading FLAC files so I have to convert them to WAV so iTunes reads them :hide: but yeah, I know both WAV and FLAC are lossless formats.

But going from flac to wav is upscaling them 🥴

Which lossy file type were to converting to? Mp3? Just go directly from flac to mp3 then. 

1 hour ago, iJoshicus said:

Her 17 versions of I Scream would beg to differ :noparty:

I know 17 is an exaggeration but there were only 4 versions of that too. And night mime. 

1 hour ago, Doja Cat said:

I hope she pulls a Sky Ferreira and put these little faggots in jail. Lock them up! 

I'd like for the use of that f word to never happen. Regardless of whether you identify as gay, etc let's not use it. 

15 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I know 17 is an exaggeration but there were only 4 versions of that too. And night mime. 

I'd like for the use of that f word to never happen. Regardless of whether you identify as gay, etc let's not use it. 

Girl, it's so hard. 

38 minutes ago, The Siren said:

agree

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

Why do you all think she's going to scrap this entire upcoming album when she's been planning it carefully since K-12 was still being made? I highly doubt she's thinking of giving up on or rewriting her entire vision because a relatively small portion of her fans heard some leaks, most of which may or may not even be studio ready. It would be the definition of "punishing the whole class for the actions of a few bad kids", and that just doesn't sound like something she'd do, especially at this point. If anything, she's doing best by refusing to acknowledge the MM3 leaks.

TBH this makes sense and i hope your are right

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

Why do you all think she's going to scrap this entire upcoming album when she's been planning it carefully since K-12 was still being made? I highly doubt she's thinking of giving up on or rewriting her entire vision because a relatively small portion of her fans heard some leaks, most of which may or may not even be studio ready. It would be the definition of "punishing the whole class for the actions of a few bad kids", and that just doesn't sound like something she'd do, especially at this point. If anything, she's doing best by refusing to acknowledge the MM3 leaks.

Exactly! :gclap: 

I mean, it's true *some* fans already had access to this material, but like half of these tracks are evidently unfinished. It would've been way better if nothing would've leaked at all, but at this point I don't think she would scrap it and start from scratch. And considering what she said about this film not being her first one, and that she already knows what to avoid when working on it, it's possible it takes her a little less than the last time to finish. This material and concept are so good to be shelved.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

But going from flac to wav is upscaling them 🥴

Which lossy file type were to converting to? Mp3? Just go directly from flac to mp3 then. 

Mmmh nope

Lossless source file to Lossless source file it won't lost sound quality. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 hours ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

everything that has leaked from mm3 minus tunnel vision and leeches (discord recordings) has been 320kbps HQ

Thank you! 

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

she can! these songs don’t feel so strictly connected and tied to a forced story. they’re similar in terms of themes and sound, but they’re not forced. the new lyrics are fucking amazing

Wow, I need to listen to the songs then, I hope I'm able to find all the HQ files between so many shared files 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Exactly! :gclap: 

I mean, it's true *some* fans already had access to this material, but like half of these tracks are evidently unfinished. It would've been way better if nothing would've leaked at all, but at this point I don't think she would scrap it and start from scratch. And considering what she said about this film not being her first one, and that she already knows what to avoid when working on it, it's possible it takes her a little less than the last time to finish. This material and concept are so good to be shelved.

I doubt she'd postpone another album, leaks aside.

Respectfully, at this point it could ruin the growth of her music career to take another 3 year hiatus. She lost so many fans along the wait for her second album, and sales dropped dramatically, where the film hardly profited at all.

Had MM2 been released near it's intended date of 2017, and MM3 been released in 2019 like K-12, it wouldn't be so bad, but she's nearing 30 years old and I doubt she wants to keep up this character too far into her adulthood. Besides, it was obvious by her photography and online posts that she was already gearing up to scrap these old eras and age up her art well before K-12 was officially released.

She seems to have been more than ready to start a new "brand" for herself as an artist, which may not be what her older fans are looking for, but personally I think it'll be a good move for her. We'll just have to wait and see how things move forward from here. 

2 hours ago, a chemtrail over the cc said:

Guys which versions of Sirens have leaked? I only know the OG one and I've seen someone mention 4 of them 0.0

Spoiler

theres v1 (1:46, concept demo)
v2 (2:14, first verse and chorus)
v3 (4:40, almost identical to v4 but missing the LET THEM DROWWWNNNNN part)

v4 (4:23, first version that leaked)

38 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:
  Hide contents

theres v1 (1:46, concept demo)
v2 (2:14, first verse and chorus)
v3 (4:40, almost identical to v4 but missing the LET THEM DROWWWNNNNN part)

v4 (4:23, first version that leaked)

maybe add in for them that v4 originally leaked from a discord chat recording and has an og file that's since leaked