Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, missanthrophocene said:

they soundΒ  lyrically connected thoΒ πŸ€”

Apart from the song titles, how are they lyrically connected? Completely different production/lyrics/sound lol.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

1 hour ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Apart from the song titles, how are they lyrically connected? Completely different production/lyrics/sound lol.

Β just my interpretation of what the songs are about, both songs talks about being "blind"/only seeing what you want to see/hyping up beauty/luring the "blind" personΒ to reality

24 minutes ago, The Siren said:

did we already have Sirens v1 in this quality?

yes the ogs leaked forever ago

i want to remind you all that sharing links to upcoming content (eg. MM3) is NOT allowed here. telling people where to find links although i shouldnt even have to say where is still not allowed. please keep that in mind when you share links!

20 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

yes the ogs leaked forever ago

i want to remind you all that sharing links to upcoming content (eg. MM3) is NOT allowed here. telling people where to find links although i shouldnt even have to say where is still not allowed. please keep that in mind when you share links!

oh right wow sorry i forgot lowkey that sirens was mm3 material sakfjv fkgadgrv

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

finally listening to the leaks and wow.... Death just crushed me.Β :crai:

Β 

"Took our time for granted, oh
The knife keeps twisting
So much I'm regretting, oh
Next time, I'll listen"

Β 

:crai:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

18 minutes ago, NeonHitched said:

This girl just gonna keep releasing the same kind of music, the same mono pitch for years and years to come, just w different titles and slightly different beats, lol (lots of love)

honestly all this new stuff is so much better than K-12 / After School imo, it seems like she's actually trying now whereas during K-12 it felt really lazy

xMcVPI7.jpg

1 hour ago, NeonHitched said:

This girl just gonna keep releasing the same kind of music, the same mono pitch for years and years to come, just w different titles and slightly different beats, lol (lots of love)

We need Pussy Galore (ft. Nylon Bitch)Β 

1 hour ago, abombnd said:

honestly all this new stuff is so much better than K-12 / After School imo, it seems like she's actually trying now whereas during K-12 it felt really lazy

This is going to be long, but this is just my opinion so feel free to skip over it.

I agree that the K-12 album ended up being regressive, and the film was lacking. But I fully believe that with better beat production, and taking the time to work out the issues with budget restrictions, it would have been a commercial success. Melanie was definitely putting 110% of her effort in, and unfortunately it just missed the mark.

Keep in mind, she also had an extended writing team and multiple producers on Cry Baby that she didn't have on K-12, which explains a lot about Cry Baby being the stronger of the two albums. In a way, it doesn't feel to me like a complete Sophomore project, but more like it should be stapled on to the Cry Baby album, and I think the lack of input from more experienced musicians is why.

After School is the most recent example of her music(aside from leaks), and while I think it's a big step forward in her lyrical growth, it still feels messy at points. The lyrics often sound crammed in, the beats Keenan created were anticlimactic, and some of the songs don't even seem to belong on the EP(I.E. Notebook, which everyone apparently disliked, and Bakery, which should have remained a single). It appealed to a much smaller audience her past projects, and even many of her fans seemed to dislike the EP as a whole.

As someone who admittedly grew out of the CryBaby album very quickly, and was never very into K-12, I'm anxious to see her evolve and move on past the restrictions of the Cry Baby storyline. It would be one thing if she was releasing side projects of separate material in different styles, but she isn't, and it's definitely going to affect her career if she isn't careful.