Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

As much as I love tunnel vision, it sounds exactly like the bakery…

At first I hated it cuz it sounded like something we've already heard from her(productionwise+the verses have the same heavy bass of Nurse's Office which she uses for almost every song now lol), but got used to it and love it now, but I wouldn't mind if it didn't make the cut

On 11/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, cool3dworld said:

can we please have “The One” and “Race” studio versions… please

Can we stop pretending this exists?

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Side note, I know people used to make fun of her "indie girl" voice a lot, especially during Cry Baby. But does anyone else feel a little off about her new way of singing certain songs, especially experimental tracks? Someone said she sounds drunk when she sings lately, and I kind of see what they mean.

Also, as her voice is maturing, her vocal range seems more limited and her voice seems to get tired more easily with live performances. I wonder if she's going to start writing music to adapt to her newer, softer style in the future. 

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

Side note, I know people used to make fun of her "indie girl" voice a lot, especially during Cry Baby. But does anyone else feel a little off about her new way of singing certain songs, especially experimental tracks? Someone said she sounds drunk when she sings lately, and I kind of see what they mean.

Also, as her voice is maturing, her vocal range seems more limited and her voice seems to get tired more easily with live performances. I wonder if she's going to start writing music to adapt to her newer, softer style in the future. 

Her voice is certainly damaged after all that happened during the cry baby tour, she took singing lessons after that so I guess that's just the way she learned to sing without straining/damaging her voice(more); For the K-12 Tour her voice got tired a lot cuz there was a lot of choreo for almost 1hr so Idk why she pushed herself.

She also said she would experiment with her voice for new songs, could be good or bad. we'll see.

6 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

Her voice is certainly damaged after all that happened during the cry baby tour, she took singing lessons after that so I guess that's just the way she learned to sing without straining/damaging her voice(more); For the K-12 Tour her voice got tired a lot cuz there was a lot of choreo for almost 1hr so Idk why she pushed herself.

I think it's less that her voice is damaged(and I don't agree with the people who blame it on her occasional smoking), and moreso that her new music just isn't adapting to her maturing vocal range. You can hear the strain when she tries to hit high notes that she used to be able to hit more easily as a teenager, and even back then, she said something about Play Date being her least favorite song to perform because she struggles to hit the notes.

But I wondered the same thing about the K-12 tour, definitely. She's been using a lot of backing tracks and lip syncing lately, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it shows she's not used to putting on a fully choreographed show while singing at the same time like most other major pop singers do. Her performances are getting more interesting IMO, but her vocals are lacking. We'll see how she progresses though, of course. I feel like this next album will make or break the future of her career.

8 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

I think it's less that her voice is damaged(and I don't agree with the people who blame it on her occasional smoking), and moreso that her new music just isn't adapting to her maturing vocal range. You can hear the strain when she tries to hit high notes that she used to be able to hit more easily as a teenager, and even back then, she said something about Play Date being her least favorite song to perform because she struggles to hit the notes.

But I wondered the same thing about the K-12 tour, definitely. She's been using a lot of backing tracks and lip syncing lately, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it shows she's not used to putting on a fully choreographed show while singing at the same time like most other major pop singers do. Her performances are getting more interesting IMO, but her vocals are lacking. We'll see how she progresses though, of course. I feel like this next album will make or break the future of her career.

Tbh if she wants to do more choreo I'd like to see her go full Britney, lipsync most of the show and just focus on the choreo. 

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Tbh if she wants to do more choreo I'd like to see her go full Britney, lipsync most of the show and just focus on the choreo. 

I would love if she pulled another "the pop diva" moment like Detention/HSS, it fits her so much imo, she should definitely try pop perfection from the 2000's sonically :nails: 

(also hope she doesn't stop doing choreography for MM3)

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

nothing yet since the plethora of mm3 leaks.

Dear Porcupines (Demo 2) leaked a few days ago though:

https://soundcloud.com/user-10446360/dear-porcupines-demo

But yeah, nothing since that. 

2 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Dear Porcupines (Demo 2) leaked a few days ago though:

https://soundcloud.com/user-10446360/dear-porcupines-demo

But yeah, nothing since that. 

oh that was a new leak? i thought i just didnt have it when it was posted :air:

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

oh that was a new leak? i thought i just didnt have it when it was posted :air:

It was leaked by a blank account on SoundCloud called "User 10446360". They're claiming to have more unleaked music from Melanie including Cry Baby era stuff. 

So I set the album Faerie Soirée up like this ;

01. Tunnel Vision

02. Faerie Soirée

03. Emerald

04. The Dance - Interlude [Fairy Dance]
05. Mother Of Pearl

06. Fingers Crossed

07. Sirens

08. The Drowned - Interlude [Hawaii Space Guitar]
09. Void

10. Dragon’s Blood

11. The Tide - Interlude [March Piano]
12. Leeches

13. The Abyss - Interlude [Space Synth Interlude]
14. Needle & Thread

i renamed the interludes to basically give them better context within the vision