Jack

Melanie Martinez

Kinetics & One Love deserve a Grammy for these songs. Hard AF beat fucking slaps :grinds: I really hope March Piano makes it as an interlude or maybe for the movie soundtrack. It's so eerie I love it. Also, if they don't turn Fairy Dance and Mercury into fully finished songs there will be consequences :true:

giphy.gif 

8 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

So I set the album Faerie Soirée up like this ;

01. Tunnel Vision

02. Faerie Soirée

03. Emerald

04. The Dance - Interlude [Fairy Dance]
05. Mother Of Pearl

06. Fingers Crossed

07. Sirens

08. The Drowned - Interlude [Hawaii Space Guitar]
09. Void

10. Dragon’s Blood

11. The Tide - Interlude [March Piano]
12. Leeches

13. The Abyss - Interlude [Space Synth Interlude]
14. Needle & Thread

i renamed the interludes to basically give them better context within the vision

I can't find space synth can you help a sis out 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

6 hours ago, Pop The Balloons said:

It's literally synchronicities 😐

Oh tea I thought it was familiar 💀

I didn't bother looking 💀

(Nor did I download it)

6 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

the same hard bass on every song ain't it. . .:eartha2:

They're clearly unfinished demos :eartha2:

9 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

the same hard bass on every song ain't it. . .:eartha2:

Y'all didn't complain about the same music box  and xylophone sound effects on every Cry Baby song... y'all just want an excuse to hate her new stuff.

And that isn't even bad, like she has to make the songs sound cohesive somehow. K-12 failed on that imo bc it made every song sound the same, but MM3 does it super well so far, the songs fit together but don't blend in w/ each other.

4 hours ago, your bestie said:

Y'all didn't complain about the same music box  and xylophone sound effects on every Cry Baby song... y'all just want an excuse to hate her new stuff.

And that isn't even bad, like she has to make the songs sound cohesive somehow. K-12 failed on that imo bc it made every song sound the same, but MM3 does it super well so far, the songs fit together but don't blend in w/ each other.

uhmm I'm not hating, I like the new songs, just pointing out that I don't like the same trap hard bass being dominant on some of the leaked ones... :eartha2:

6 hours ago, your bestie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this next release outsells K-12 and After School. It has a lot of unique concepts that should draw in a wider audience, and it seems more experimental with its sound. Her past albums were very exclusive to the Cry Baby aesthetic both visually and sonically, which wasn't many people's cup of tea(and got her a lot of unfair criticism).

I think K-12 was a great stepping stone for her growth as a musician and filmmaker, but I can tell she's ready to try something different. Let's hope her label doesn't push her into a corner with budget and approving tracks, like they apparently did with the last album.

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I think K-12 was a great stepping stone for her growth as a musician and filmmaker, but I can tell she's ready to try something different. Let's hope her label doesn't push her into a corner with budget and approving tracks, like they apparently did with the last album.

Atlantic really didn't put her in a bad position with the budget for K-12. It was around 5-7 million dollars which for someone who's never made a film before is an incredibly large amount of money (for reference, films like Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, Saw, and Paranormal Activity were actually made with far smaller budgets, all under 4 mil.) The issue with the budget is that a lot of the things she wanted to do, like rent out and film in a real castle in Hungary for a month, cost a LOT of money, and very quickly ate through her budget. I think had she cut some corners on things that were less important she could've used that budget far better than she actually ended up being able to and made a film that was better overall. I do think Atlantic will probably give her a smaller budget this time, though, because K-12 (as a film) didn't do very well. Streams, merch, touring, and the blow up of Crybaby are probably the only real reasons she's getting to do a second film, but I guess we will see on that.