Jack

Melanie Martinez

if Cry Baby was re-released with a 2nd disc of outtakes ig

Coloring-Book.png

disc one - Cry Baby deluxe edition + Gingerbread Man

disc two - Coloring Book

1. [5:07] Coloring Book
  2. [4:37] Where Do Babies Come From?
  3. [5:07] Birthing Addicts - i imagine a slightly updated version of the 2013 EP mix.
  4. [3:26] Zzzz
  5. [4:18] Bones Are Blue
  6. [4:04] Bombs on Monday Morning
  7. [3:34] You Love I
  8. [3:27] Arts & Crafts
  9. [3:44] Night Mime
  10. [3:19] Seesaw - one of my fav songs ever tbh
  11. [2:29] Drowning - i NEED a fully finished version this is one of my favs
  12. [3:56] Rough Love
  13. [4:23] Half-Hearted - was replaced by Play Date literally at the last minute
  14. [4:49] Bittersweet Tragedy
  15. [3:30] Dead to Me
  16. [3:35] Haunted

The other K&OL Cry Baby recording sessions are currently being sold too :eek:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, feeling angry said:

Some new Drowning edits were being posted like zzzzzzz :crossed:

I do think there was a new vocal take there in one of them but - I agree - they were obviously edits so I didn't download them. :crossed:

9 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

The other K&OL Cry Baby recording sessions are currently being sold too :eek:

Leakers are so greedy and disrespectful. If you're gonna leak em just go for it. Smh :crossed:

2 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i'm gonna ask again cause i really need it

does anyone have a folder updated and accurate with all the leaks?😩

didnt i already give you my mega link? :crossed: 

edit: happy 1900th post, me :crossed: 

5 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i'm gonna ask again cause i really need it

does anyone have a folder updated and accurate with all the leaks?😩

this link was someone else's but its been up to date with everything

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J7P5K9WVASF-knPOzx84dI0bInhHJjiA

I hope in the future she'll take more creative input from other professionals. Her effort to write/direct/design/etc. is commendable, and she's done a lot of amazing things. But I feel like some of her projects suffer from her want to do it all herself. It's one thing when she's directing personal music videos, it's another thing when it's a worldwide release with a $6M backing from her record label.

For instance, bringing in experienced screenwriters and directors for K-12 probably would have made the film a lot more cohesive and garnered more attention from a wider audience. It definitely would have received better reviews and made back more money.

I also wonder if Atlantic lowered the budget for the next release, considering she's been saving money that was meant for other videos. Regardless, I'm sure she can do something great with time and effort. I'm just hoping she learned from the mistakes in K-12.

I can tell she's ready to move on to a new era, and I'm ready to see it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's her best project yet.

16 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I hope in the future she'll take more creative input from other professionals. Her effort to write/direct/design/etc. is commendable, and she's done a lot of amazing things. But I feel like some of her projects suffer from her want to do it all herself. It's one thing when she's directing personal music videos, it's another thing when it's a worldwide release with a $6M backing from her record label.

For instance, bringing in experienced screenwriters and directors for K-12 probably would have made the film a lot more cohesive and garnered more attention from a wider audience. It definitely would have received better reviews and made back more money.

I also wonder if Atlantic lowered the budget for the next release, considering she's been saving money that was meant for other videos. Regardless, I'm sure she can do something great with time and effort. I'm just hoping she learned from the mistakes in K-12.

I can tell she's ready to move on to a new era, and I'm ready to see it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's her best project yet.

i agree with everything here. i hope that it is a lowered budget so she isnt too focused on excessive details. just focus on the story itself.

was the $6m from the label or did that include her out of pocket money too?

22 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i agree with everything here. i hope that it is a lowered budget so she isnt too focused on excessive details. just focus on the story itself.

was the $6m from the label or did that include her out of pocket money too?

I'm fairly sure the $6M was from her record label. She made them a lot of money from the Cry Baby tours and sales, so giving her back the $6M probably wasn't as crazy as it sounded, even for a first-time director. 

I do think they're likely to give her a lower budget this time around though, because even if the money is expendable, the last film being a commercial failure couldn't have been exactly thrilling for Atlantic.

On the bright side, she said herself that this movie will have more of a plotline, and be less of a living music video. Let's hope she follows through on that!

4 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

I'm fairly sure the $6M was from her record label. She made them a lot of money from the Cry Baby tours and sales, so giving her back the $6M probably wasn't as crazy as it sounded, even for a first-time director. 

I do think they're likely to give her a lower budget this time around though, because even if the money is expendable, the last film being a commercial failure couldn't have been exactly thrilling for Atlantic.

On the bright side, she said herself that this movie will have more of a plotline, and be less of a living music video. Let's hope she follows through on that!

:trisha:

9 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Exactly! I understand her wanting to make her work as authentic as possible, she has that need of making it just hers but if she shared her creative vision with other producers the outcome of the universe she created would be much more explored and expanded.

I really hope her budget is higher or atleast decent for the visuals this time, cuz judging by the leaked songs, they NEED that.

9 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

Exactly! I understand her wanting to make her work as authentic as possible, she has that need of making it just hers but if she shared her creative vision with other producers the outcome of the universe she created would be much more explored and expanded.

I really hope her budget is higher or atleast decent for the visuals this time, cuz judging by the leaked songs, they NEED that.

I completely agree, and I wonder what she plans on doing for the visuals. Considering she said this next film will be less of a musical, it'd be interesting if she left a few songs out so that the album release would have some extra material on it(and incentivize more people to stream it/buy it). 

I'd be willing to bet though that even if she isn't giving full visuals to each song, there will be a full segment for Garden, Tunnel Vision, Leche of the Sirens, and Void. I just get a strong feeling from the sound and lyrics that these will be standouts.

Definitely! I think that this album will have 13 songs but only about 9 will be featured in the film (similar to what Halsey did). This way the most important songs that further the story are included and the songs that are apart of the story but not exactly major can get separate videos that will help promote the album (maybe even those will be the singles?)

Idk if she’d do that knowing how Melanie is, but I personally think it would be a good move. 

giphy.gif