Jack

Melanie Martinez

17 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Melanie said she is finished with the script and is planning on releasing a single in March/April! We won :party:

OPRAHHH

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

5 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Melanie said she is finished with the script and is planning on releasing a single in March/April! We won :party:

I'd love Sirens or Tunnel Vision as the lead single, with Fingers Crossed or Needle & Thread as eventual singles. But who knows if the single she wants to release is something that has not leaked? :oprah2: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Humm so that new concert in July has to do with MM3... She plans on releasing the first single in March so the album release could happen in May/June(using the same method she did for CryBaby(1st single then album 2 months later). Sounds exciting but she still hasn't started filming yet so I wonder how things going to work, she needs to start teasing in february if it's really coming in march...

12 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'd love Sirens or Tunnel Vision as the lead single, with Fingers Crossed or Needle & Thread as eventual singles. But who knows if the single she wants to release is something that has not leaked? :oprah2: 

I'd love Sirens as first single cuz it would totally give her a new image without the childhood metaphors, but it's experimental so I would say 2nd or last single, the first one is going to be more pop-ish.

How is this gonna work if the movie isn't even filmed yet? If the single comes out in April, the album has got to come out in like November at the latest, but it sounds like the film is going to take up to a year from now to complete. The only way this could make sense is if the album comes out and then the movie, but that'd be kinda lame since the songs wouldn't have any sort of visual until much later in the era's lifetime. 

17 minutes ago, your bestie said:

How is this gonna work if the movie isn't even filmed yet? If the single comes out in April, the album has got to come out in like November at the latest, but it sounds like the film is going to take up to a year from now to complete. The only way this could make sense is if the album comes out and then the movie, but that'd be kinda lame since the songs wouldn't have any sort of visual until much later in the era's lifetime. 

Exactly, don't know why she would say a prediction for March/April unless she has already shoot a part of it, filming scheduled to start February or doing the solo music video for the single first and then working on the film later, there is still a lot of process for such a short time... :oprah:

29 minutes ago, your bestie said:

I really hope that the album is gonna be out before the movie, as she's releasing a lead single on March or April. I think MM3 will be released on October 2022, but until there we will have three or four singles maybe.

Also, I would love of she only released a short film with only some songs from the album in it (including the singles) or separate the movie in two parts, making it a duology.

UAmFDOp.png

30 minutes ago, Motopapi said:

the single will probbaly be void or something new :flop:

Why Void? It's one of my favs from the leaked MM3 tracks but that seems like a random choice

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

14 minutes ago, Motopapi said:

the single will probbaly be void or something new :flop:

Void is not single material if you ask me, though it would be an... interesting choice. Dragon's Blood or Sirens sound more like it ddd.

2 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Why Void? It's one of my favs from the leaked MM3 tracks but that seems like a random choice

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Void is not single material if you ask me, though it would be an... interesting choice. Dragon's Blood or Sirens sound more like it ddd.

idk bc i felt like it was a pop banger and good enough for a lead :toofloppy:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I think that Sirens would be a perfect lead single. It has that wow factor and would create a lot of noise and hype for the new era. Sure, it's experimental but I think that's what the audience wants from Melanie at this point. The movie is just a big question mark for me. Melanie is so unpredictable she could honestly release it a whole year after the album. I think she should just film it somewhere in the US next month because it doesn't look like C word is clearing up any time soon :( 

giphy.gif 

If she hasn't started filming yet, she may go to Hawaii seeing as she went there to record the album. She did say it was a place of inspiration for a lot of it, and the landscape fits the "fairyland/heaven" theme well. 

I also wonder if she's going to be changing her look for the movie. If she grows her hair back out for the role I'll understand, but I'm gonna miss Mulletie Martinez.

2 hours ago, Gravitate said:

I think that Sirens would be a perfect lead single. It has that wow factor and would create a lot of noise and hype for the new era. Sure, it's experimental but I think that's what the audience wants from Melanie at this point. The movie is just a big question mark for me. Melanie is so unpredictable she could honestly release it a whole year after the album. I think she should just film it somewhere in the US next month because it doesn't look like C word is clearing up any time soon :( 

Yup. Sirens is a great option for lead single. Hopefully it will be chosen as such, I'm already wondering how it's going to impact in her era rollout.

About the film, I think it would be AWESOME if she released it after the album, once it was released it feels like it could attract more audience to it, and honestly, I'm all here for the album and film's plot, if the leaks were any indicative hint at the direction she is taking with Cry Baby story. I love that these songs do not feel like any baby/school/children/games related songwriting, it's such a good move for her. I believe this change in her songwriting/lyrical theme could be translated into appealing to a wider audience :true: