Go girl give us nothing to go off ofΒ 

Β 

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 hour ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

She's live on Instagram right now talking about NFTs with some random man.Β 

Β 

She briefly talked about unreleased leaksΒ also. 'I have so many unreleased songs that I wish were not online'Β :toofunny:

i wonder if she's lurked on here or pophatesflops to look at the leaks :toofloppy:

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

humm she said next album still follows the storyline of Crybaby and is about past life regression and death so I remember she said she had the next 2 films already planned so I think MM3 may be Cry Baby revisiting past-life memories so she can heal herself and be free(death) which leads to MM4 being about the "next life"

1 minute ago, missanthrophocene said:

humm she said next album still follows the storyline of Crybaby and is about past life regression and death so I remember she said she had the next 2 films already planned so I think MM3 may be Cry Baby revisiting past-life memories so she can heal herself and be free(death) which leads to MM4 being completely new without the character.

ir MM4 could be a rebirth of Cry Baby as the new character.

Β 

is this what you were referring to?

fUsMzFd.jpeg

she also said that her goal is to release it this year so yeahΒ :party:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

On 1/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, missanthrophocene said:

i'm getting my hopes up

she was set to play this festival may 2020
ever since then, she cancelled her apperance due to the pandemic

Spoiler

Melanie will be performing at Tecate Emblema music event in Mexico, May 22  & 23 : r/MelanieMartinez

here's the line up
Tecate Emblema Festival 2022 Mexico City Programmation, Billets & Dates May  2022 – Songkick

4B9B7024-1AD2-4DF3-ACD3-A70FD448D5B9.jpg

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

From the songs we have from the new album so far, for me the best opinion to be its lead single is "Tunnel Vision" since it reminds me a lot of Test Me and other songs from After School, and it had a good reception inside the fan base. Also, "Void", "Dragon's Blood", "Fingers Crossed", "Needle & Thread", "Garden", "Sirens" would be great singles after it (IfΒ they areΒ really included in the album).

UAmFDOp.png

i finally got around to putting the MM3 songs together in a tracklist and as of rn its this

ive titled the playlist as Somewhere Between Life & Death

1. Synchronicities
  2. Emerald
  3. Hawaii Space Guitar Freestyle
  4. Jinx
  5. Mother of Pearl
  6. Corpse
  7. Labyrinth (1.0)
  8. Tunnel Vision
  9. Sirens
  10. Moon Cycle
  11. Leeches
  12. Fingers Crossed
  13. Dragon's Blood
  14. Barely Any Juice
  15. Garden
  16. Needle & Thread
  17. Magnets
  18. Puzzles
  19. Faerie SoirΓ©e
  20. Void
  21. Labyrinth (reprise/v2)
  22. Death
  23. Walkie Talkie

fUsMzFd.jpeg

I've been a Melanie fan for quite some time, probably around 5/6 years, and I have a lot to say.

Crybaby truly was and will always be a masterpiece. I love that album with my whole entire being and still go back to admire the genius songwriting and vocals that younger Mel had. I don't think there's one single skip on that album and it's so easy to introduce people to her music with Crybaby. There's so many great things about it I genuinely don't even know where to start.

Now, K-12. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it! I just wanted something more from her. It felt boring and overused at this point. Why would I listen to K-12, an album about generic kiddy stuff with boring instrumentals, when I could listen to Crybaby that has so much more depth? Again, I didn't hate it, I actually do enjoy some (if not most) of the songs. Just not my cup of tea.

Her After School EP was absolute garbage. I don't think I liked one single song on it... maybe minus The Bakery. I'm just sickΒ of the kiddy stuff from her! She's grown! I didn't like her vocals, the instrumentals, the lyrics, nothing. I need change from her.

I just hope her next album gives me something to fawn over again. Her getting involved with NFT's honestly pushed me away even further. I don't hate Melanie but I'm sick of the same thing getting recycled and made into something worse. I'll always hold her to the standard of Crybaby because I KNOW she's capable of so much more than what she's currently putting out.

Hopefully this makes sense or resonates with people.Β 

tumblr_n82nj4mNTi1t5c9i8o1_500.gif

12 minutes ago, soap said:

I've been a Melanie fan for quite some time, probably around 5/6 years, and I have a lot to say.

Crybaby truly was and will always be a masterpiece. I love that album with my whole entire being and still go back to admire the genius songwriting and vocals that younger Mel had. I don't think there's one single skip on that album and it's so easy to introduce people to her music with Crybaby. There's so many great things about it I genuinely don't even know where to start.

Now, K-12. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it! I just wanted something more from her. It felt boring and overused at this point. Why would I listen to K-12, an album about generic kiddy stuff with boring instrumentals, when I could listen to Crybaby that has so much more depth? Again, I didn't hate it, I actually do enjoy some (if not most) of the songs. Just not my cup of tea.

Her After School EP was absolute garbage. I don't think I liked one single song on it... maybe minus The Bakery. I'm just sickΒ of the kiddy stuff from her! She's grown! I didn't like her vocals, the instrumentals, the lyrics, nothing. I need change from her.

I just hope her next album gives me something to fawn over again. Her getting involved with NFT's honestly pushed me away even further. I don't hate Melanie but I'm sick of the same thing getting recycled and made into something worse. I'll always hold her to the standard of Crybaby because I KNOW she's capable of so much more than what she's currently putting out.

Hopefully this makes sense or resonates with people.Β 

But After School actually steps away from the childish stuff quite considerably

Spoiler

And what we've heard from MM3 is even further from it.

I'm really here for that change. Maybe we haven't seen it completely, but it's there and it shows she is evolving as an artist. I honestly can't wait for her next album, hopefully later this year.

I honestly don't even know about NFTs but if they're that bad, well, hopefully every artist who decides to release them just stop doing so.

I'm just not here for the "she'll never top Cry Baby's quality" discourse because that is obviously not true. Yes, CB is the best of the three full length releases she has so far. Yes, K-12 was monotonous. Yes, After School felt lacking. But I'm completely sure MM3 is coming for magnum opus crown.Β 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: