Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

When she announced the NFTs her Instagram comments were telling her to make an onlyfans for unreleased 😂

she should :true:

release lossless files of (all) the leaked songs for patreon/OF/etc

Why won't she sign some K-12/AS/CB CDs and put them on her webstore? I would definitely be interested in buying those! Plus it would get sales up. Hope she does this for her next album

And side note: Are the After School CDs available in the USA yet? I bought mine second hand when they first came out so I never checked. But that would be a good way to gain some revenue or maybe a physical edition of Copycat/Fire Drill?

giphy.gif 

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

she should :true:

release lossless files of (all) the leaked songs for patreon/OF/etc

Let's be real the moment she did that someone would buy the Patreon for a month and leak them all. 

Just now, Gravitate said:

And side note: Are the After School CDs available in the USA yet? I bought mine second hand when they first came out so I never checked. But that would be a good way to gain some revenue.

I think they are? Tbh there's not a ton of demand for CDs. I'm not doing any. 

2 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Why won't she sign some K-12/AS/CB CDs and put them on her webstore? I would definitely be interested in buying those! Plus it would get sales up. Hope she does this for her next album

And side note: Are the After School CDs available in the USA yet? I bought mine second hand when they first came out so I never checked. But that would be a good way to gain some revenue or maybe a physical edition of Copycat/Fire Drill?

what about Dollhouse EP and Extra Clutter on cd for the first time :trisha:

IMG_5444.png

The prices on her jewellery.... :rip:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

57 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

IMG_5444.png

The prices on her jewellery.... :rip:

Worst part is she didn't say what the materials are or where they came from so for all we know they're 100% plastic 🥴 this is not it miss girl. 

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

And they're not even pretty 💀

The depop comments kinda roasted her by saying these prices are why they only stream her leaks 😂

12 hours ago, Salem said:

When she announced the NFTs her Instagram comments were telling her to make an onlyfans for unreleased 😂

This would actually be a great source of income for her tbh I'm surprised she hasn't done it because of how money-hungry she's been lately. She's seen all the hype around her unreleased and I'm sure a good portion of her collaborators would be down for it if they got a share, unlike when Neon was selling her stuff without the producers/co-writers consent 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

15 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

This would actually be a great source of income for her tbh I'm surprised she hasn't done it because of how money-hungry she's been lately. She's seen all the hype around her unreleased and I'm sure a good portion of her collaborators would be down for it if they got a share, unlike when Neon was selling her stuff without the producers/co-writers consent 

I'm honestly not sure what's gotten into her. People keep saying it's to fund a film but seeing as she was able to spend a month in Hawaii at 1k a night I have no doubts Atlantic gave her a sizeable advance. She definitely doesn't need this money to make the album/film happen. My only thought is she for some reason thinks her (honestly huge) monthly royalty checks aren't enough? Honestly I'm not into this whole selling fans random shit without transparency into what she's selling. She really should just sell her outtakes or get a day job at this point. 

I feel like Melanie is quickly becoming a case study in "shit to not do as an artist".

I'm glad she's getting the money she needs, but there were better and more honest ways to do it. If her ambition wasn't higher than her budget after barely passing 2 albums in 8 years, this probably wouldn't happen to begin with.

She's also been making comments about "being broke" since she made her first million and started purchasing designer clothes, so sorry if my sympathy is low this time around. I get it when it was the dollhouse video, but an entire movie? That's a bit much to ask from your fans.

21 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

She's also been making comments about "being broke" since she made her first million and started purchasing designer clothes, so sorry if my sympathy is low this time around. I get it when it was the dollhouse video, but an entire movie? That's a bit much to ask from your fans.

The thing that bothers me is Melanie has never truly been broke, she takes not being able to go out and film a movie just because she wants to and spins it as "oh my god I'm so broke!". Like, even what she said about the royalties Spotify and such pay, that does not effect her. That effects the tiny artists who don't have funding to make their shit. When you get millions of streams a month you make plenty of money off streams. She's got money pouring out her ass at this point. She owns a two million dollar home, buys designer clothes and $150 shirts that look like they were sent through a paper shredder, and gets her clothes for live shows made custom just for her, usually to only wear them once or twice. She is incredibly rich and she's acting broke. She isn't entitled to millions in funding to make whatever she wants when it doesn't do well. A record label isn't going to fund something that won't recoup the money it takes from their pockets, especially when films are not their niche. Your fans don't owe you paying for your absurd projects especially when you won't take  criticism. If she were actually a small, broke artist, I'd have sympathy, but that was over five years ago. She has had all the funding she's needed since crybaby to make amazing projects and poorly spends it on a consistent basis. I have a feeling the funding they gave her for K-12 made her believe she needs that for every project and she doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

The thing that bothers me is Melanie has never truly been broke, she takes not being able to go out and film a movie on a typical Tuesday and spins it as "oh my god I'm so broke!". No, Melanie, you aren't. You've got money pouring out your asshole at this point. You own a two million dollar home, buy $150 shirts that look like they were sent through a paper shredder, and get all your clothes for live shows made custom just for you. You're incredibly rich so stop acting like you're not just because your label isn't going to fund something that won't recoup the money it takes from their pockets. Your fans don't owe you paying for your absurd projects especially when you won't take constructive criticisms to make them better. If you were actually a small, broke artist, I'd have sympathy, but that was over five years ago. You've had insane funding since crybaby. You bought your mansion while on the crybaby tour. You've been rich for a LONG time. 

Erm anyways

8 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

its getting weird homegirl just wanted to make some bracelets yall its not rly her fault theres a price attached to her

also i don't think she forced anyone to buy them either lol. it's like with designer clothes, prices are always high and not everyone can afford it, but if i have the money and i want to spend it on expensive clothes or some crazy bracelets i think i have the rights to do it...

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever