Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

my hopes have fallen a bit for this album.. I swear to god if she releases another nurse's office piggyback rip-off!!!!!!! she can't just scrap sirens a song that would be a career highlight, the critics would eat it up(even more now that experimental stuff is starting to become trendy) :trisha::trisha:

This is exactly what I’m afraid of most of all. I’ll be disappointed beyond belief if something like that ends up happening similar with K-12  :toofunny:

I really wish her larger fanbase was more critical of her because she really has so much potential to make great music!

honestly i highly doubt she would make a k12 2.0 at this point. the leaked material shows that’s she’s currently interested in other themes right now, so i’m hopeful the new songs will still be about rebirth/magic/myths. i’m not worried at all, just sad some of the leaked songs won’t be released since they were vvverrry good. 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

29 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

mother of pearl is one of the worst songs we got so idk why everyone is so mad

if she scraps needle and thread, sirens, tunnel vision, faerie soiree or fingers crossed we have a problem though

MoP was a new and experimental sound, which is what it seemed like almost all of her fans wanted at this point. You can dislike it, but you can't deny that it's unique to her usual material, and that's presumably why she made it. 

If anything it's just disappointing to hear that she's scrapping it because it would have been a standout from her discography, and made for an interesting video. I'll be truly shocked if she doesn't use Sirens though, I'll say that.

This unleaked material had better be god-tier if she's expecting it to be better than what we've already heard. Not sure how this is going to go from here

35 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

mother of pearl is one of the worst songs we got

Don't talk about Mother of Pearl like that when Gravitate, Puzzles and Jinx exist 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I think if it weren't for the mass scale of the 2021-2022 leaks, and the amount of people openly admitting to and commenting to her about listening to them, she wouldn't be scrapping so many of the songs.

This is also the most material she's ever had leaked as far as everything from K-12 1.0 to the MM3 sessions. I can see why she's taking it more seriously this time around, but I hate to see such good material get wasted.

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I think if it weren't for the mass scale of the 2021-2022 leaks, and the amount of people openly admitting to and commenting to her about listening to them, she wouldn't be scrapping so many of the songs.

This is also the most material she's ever had leaked as far as everything from K-12 1.0 to the MM3 sessions. I can see why she's taking it more seriously this time around, but I hate to see such good material get wasted.

i agree here, but i feel like if shes already written the film script, it wouldnt make sense to rewrite it cos of the leaks.

we only have leaks from K&OL - thats hardly an entire era's sessions. idk if we know for certain that we have everything K&OL had.

id be furious about the leaks too if it were my material leaking.

3 hours ago, The Siren said:

i agree here, but i feel like if shes already written the film script, it wouldnt make sense to rewrite it cos of the leaks.

we only have leaks from K&OL - thats hardly an entire era's sessions. idk if we know for certain that we have everything K&OL had.

id be furious about the leaks too if it were my material leaking.

Exactly what holds me up to believe some of the leaked ones can still make the final cut(not to mention there is still the deluxe), we had like 22 songs in total and almost everyone thought it was the full album tracklist but it's certainly not, they're just some portion of the sessions, there's still more a lot more(I mean, Cry Baby had 40+ sessions)... She had the script almost done, if some of them were cut out it was cuz it didn't fit the storyline, REALLY DOUBT anything was scrapped due to the leaks. 

7 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

Exactly what holds me up to believe some of the leaked ones can still make the final cut(not to mention there is still the deluxe), we had like 22 songs in total and almost everyone thought it was the full album tracklist but it's certainly not, they're just some portion of the sessions, there's still more a lot more(I mean, Cry Baby had 40+ sessions)... She had the script almost done, if some of them were cut out it was cuz it didn't fit the storyline, REALLY DOUBT anything was scrapped due to the leaks. 

i really do wish that these leaks from MM3 sessions hadnt leaks until after the album.

on one hand, these leaks got many people interested and intrigued to check out the album when it comes out but on the other, the leaks could also hinder the album's creative output/tracklist which could also disappoint people who had high(er) hopes from the leaks.

its a double edged sword really :trisha:

i doubt Melanie even knows about her thread here but sometimes i wish she did know about us cos theres a lot that i as a fan since 2015/2016 want to say to her about the leaks, etc :cryney2:

@abombnd hey gay baby! how are you doing? i think you should bring mercury back and leak the rest of the mm3 demos like fc v1,v2, garden vibe, v0.1, v1, death v1, and whatever else there is!! also could you be a doll and make a session mix down of the sirens and fc instrumentals? thank you 🤭💞

8 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

@abombnd hey gay baby! how are you doing? i think you should bring mercury back and leak the rest of the mm3 demos like fc v1,v2, garden vibe, v0.1, v1, death v1, and whatever else there is so he leaks them!! also could you be a doll and make a session mix down of the sirens and fc instrumentals? thank you 🤭💞

yes please, we definitely need fingers crossed instrumental 🥺