Jack

Melanie Martinez

12 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i just hope the album is released first and if its the same kind of storytelling as the leaks i NEED a visual :trisha:

I'm very concerned this era cus she will be spending so much on the singles and then need more for a whole a** film, like, she needs a BIG budget and i doubt Atlantic is doing all that for her this time... 

I feel she's doing the singles first to see if they do well for atlantic (remember she had plans to do mvs for the whole After School EP and it would def boost K-12 up, but yeah, didn't happen) :oprah2:

1 minute ago, missanthrophocene said:

I'm very concerned this era cus she will be spending so much on the singles and then need more for a whole a** film, like, she needs a BIG budget and i doubt Atlantic is doing all that for her this time... 

I feel she's doing the singles first to see if they do well for atlantic (remember she had plans to do mvs for the whole After School EP and it would def boost K-12 up, but yeah, didn't happen) :oprah2:

id guess that Atlantic didnt respond well with the MVs for After School :true:

shame but its for the best, the songs on the EP are not worth the budget. :true:

MM3 however, if she serves the same (or better) quality as the leaks then its deserved! :true: 

2 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

everyone teasing their comeback in april and melanie nowhere to be seen :azealia:

its april and always has been... IF IM RIGHT SOMEONE SHOULD LEAK FABERGE BY CRUEL YOUTH!!! OR NO FUTURE EITHER ONE I'LL TAKE

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, The Siren said:

who is cruel youth

a slay

get faberge hq for me bb <3

and i don't seem to mind

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

i just hope the album is released first and if its the same kind of storytelling as the leaks i NEED a visual :trisha:

She said in the NFT Q&A she will most likely release the album first and movie after!

4 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

Wait she was gonna make music videos for EVERY After School song? I thought she was just planning on The Bakery and Test Me :oprah2: I hope the film is more simplistic than K-12 was. Like, just a pretty setting and some nice imagery is all we need and the rest can be focused on storytelling. I just want the plot to be everything we know Melanie is capable of and I don't want to have so much cut off due to CGI being expensive. 

giphy.gif 

17 hours ago, Gravitate said:

She said in the NFT Q&A she will most likely release the album first and movie after!

Wait she was gonna make music videos for EVERY After School song? I thought she was just planning on The Bakery and Test Me :oprah2: I hope the film is more simplistic than K-12 was. Like, just a pretty setting and some nice imagery is all we need and the rest can be focused on storytelling. I just want the plot to be everything we know Melanie is capable of and I don't want to have so much cut off due to CGI being expensive. 

Id rather special effects makeup rather than cgi

i really don't understand how melanie went from CB being one of the most successful album of the decade, being the poster child for the pastel aesthetic and one of the only people who actually made it out of a reality show to this 

I think this has been coming for a while. Her ambitions are too high, and her inability to compromise her vision for a more realistic path has hurt her. With CB, she had a great team helping her create her tracks, videos, even lyrics. But 2 years later, almost all of those people bailed, saying she was difficult to work with, and wouldn't take any constructive criticism.

She is self-admittedly stubborn, which may have payed off for her in another situation, but instead left her with one acclaimed album in nearly a decade, a commercial failure of a sophomore slump, and more leaks than released music because her fans are so tired of waiting for her.

If she had taken the time to listen to the people around her in 2015, and been more careful with her career decisions, she would undoubtedly be twice as successful as she is now. At the same time, if she wants to drop her music career to hang out in haute couture and sell all her things to afford her lifestyle(and clothing) instead, that's also fine.

no exactly, it took over 2 years for her to finish all the music videos for crybaby, and an additional two years for k-12 to come out. she takes tons and tons of time to perfect her work but doesn't realize that taking such an excessive amount of time takes away from her hype, because people forget about her. her ambition is extremely high and it results in wasted money, time and effort because she isn't willing to compromise on her art, which is fair because she loves her art and wants it to be ready but unfortunately there's also drawbacks with her process.

15 hours ago, faeluca said:

remember when barely juice first leaked and we thought it would be like drama club but then all of K&OL songs leaked :cryney:

right

ok why do i have a teenie tiny feeling melanie MIGHT get sued at some point this year and mm3 budget will go down the drain... an oomf on a melanie discord server posted a screenshot of a dm with mel and how there vintage thing got like broke and she didnt even offer like a refund or anything she literally was like "oh no!" like jklsdkjlfsdklsdf

and i don't seem to mind

I adore her, but I’m always shocked that she takes years and years to release new albums and her same fans stick by her side. Fans go from 15 year old to 25 and she’s still singing nursery rhymes.

also that rhymed haha 

16 minutes ago, JudahSoCutah said:

right

ok why do i have a teenie tiny feeling melanie MIGHT get sued at some point this year and mm3 budget will go down the drain... an oomf on a melanie discord server posted a screenshot of a dm with mel and how there vintage thing got like broke and she didnt even offer like a refund or anything she literally was like "oh no!" like jklsdkjlfsdklsdf

falling-old.gif 

12 minutes ago, Theprettyymess said:

I adore her, but I’m always shocked that she takes years and years to release new albums and her same fans stick by her side. Fans go from 15 year old to 25 and she’s still singing nursery rhymes.

also that rhymed haha 

theyre not actual nursery rhymes tho :whoopi: