Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Idk maybe it was her or maybe it was Atlantic, but K-12 was definitely an attempt to recreate the success of CB. It almost seemed like a parody. I feel like Melanie wanted to move on to a mature, vintage theme but somehow got stuck in the childish sound of CB. If Melanie either released K-12 earlier or made K-12 sound like a high school album rather than an elementary school album it would’ve been 1000x better. Like, I just can’t listen to it and think about high school. The whole overall pastel vibe of the movie and album just made it seem too childish. I get it’s Melanie’s thing but I wish she just went for vintage rococo 

Dont get me wrong, I like the album (on some days)… but 4 years? 

I’ve said this before in this thread but it would’ve made sense if the original release plan went ahead, Cry Baby in 2015, followed by K-12 & movie in 2016, next album/movie in 2018 and then the last movie/album in 2020, then she could’ve organically evolved into something different but because of the Timothy stuff and covid probably didn’t help, it’s been delay after delay and now it all just seems super outdated and like she’s beating a dead horse 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

I’ve said this before in this thread but it would’ve made sense if the original release plan went ahead, Cry Baby in 2015, followed by K-12 & movie in 2016, next album/movie in 2018 and then the last movie/album in 2020 and then she could’ve organically evolved into something different but because of the Timothy stuff and then covid probably didn’t help, it’s been delay after delay and now it all just seems super outdated

There's no chance in hell that K-12 could've been completed in 2016. It took several months for just the Mad Hatter video, and then the Timothy stuff happened.

I still don't blame Timothy at all, and I think she's unjustly criticized for what went down, but it definitely had a large impact on K-12 with cast/crew from the "1.0" demo shoot dropping out from the project and forcing rewrites (removing Johnny's storyline and introducing Ben). And then she made bad financial decisions like the choice of venue, causing more rewrites (no gym set for Strawberry Shortcake, plotlines being drastically reduced to stay within budget). The circumstances basically beat K-12 into something that's visually interesting at times but isn't good as a film nor visual album.

OT: Cry Baby is a great record, and I get why she wanted to continue that world she created. However, sticking to her guns with the semi-sexualized childhood aesthetic for Album 2 was a terrible choice and I think forcing albums into a chapter-by-chapter story is going to wear her out and lead to subpar results (which some have argued is true already for K-12 and the leaked MM3 demos). Maybe it would've been more creatively profitable to tell new stories with each album, instead of relying on character arcs and lore developments from the previous ones.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

Luckily she said herself that Cry Baby will not be a continuing character after MM3, and I get the feeling that she's going to evolve her into some sort of metaphysical being like Lilith in order to bring her story to a close.

I just want to hear straight from Melanie's mouth what's going on with this album being pushed back again. At this point, updates would be just as good as getting a single.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:32 AM, missanthrophocene said:

It's weird that the Emerald demo feels so authentic productionwise while the other "studio version" the chorus production was changed to the same old generic poppy-ish bass boosted melody that everyone uses on their songs 

And thank God it was - we all know which is the superior version :creepna3:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

Luckily she said herself that Cry Baby will not be a continuing character after MM3

actually she said shw wants to continue Cry baby's life for more 2 records, so up to MM4
but she also said the character will develop into something so ...

1 hour ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

actually she said she wants to continue Cry baby's life for more 2 records, so up to MM4

I highly doubt she's career-suicidal enough to do another Cry Baby album, and I also doubt that she's ignorant to all of the criticism going on in the fandom right now. She has to know that people are getting tired of her doing the same old thing, and honestly she seems tired of it herself. I think in the future we'll probably be seeing a whole new side of her, and I'm here for that.

18 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Idk maybe it was her or maybe it was Atlantic, but K-12 was definitely an attempt to recreate the success of CB. It almost seemed like a parody. I feel like Melanie wanted to move on to a mature, vintage theme but somehow got stuck in the childish sound of CB. If Melanie either released K-12 earlier or made K-12 sound like a high school album rather than an elementary school album it would’ve been 1000x better. Like, I just can’t listen to it and think about high school. The whole overall pastel vibe of the movie and album just made it seem too childish. I get it’s Melanie’s thing but I wish she just went for vintage rococo 

Dont get me wrong, I like the album (on some days)… but 4 years? 

Same here, I really like K-12 but wish the visuals were more focused on high school days instead of that pastel-fluffly kindergarten aesthetic or even have the Kindergarten-to-senior year but with different aesthetic that would still work. I remember she said K-12 would be darker and wonder what happened to that... I mean, i have many questions and feel like Atlantic made her go that frilly-cutesy childish movie to kinda "clean" her image after the timothy's thing (just an assumption and i think about it a lot lol but this happens a lot in the industry when someone has a bad reputation and they get a new image to sell their idea of "new person, innocent, not the bad guy, learned from my mistakes").

I swear to god sometimes it seems like her own stans hate her. So many comments on Twitter are dragging her so hard over those candid pics from the other day, calling her ugly and all kinds of shit. It's weird.

There were even people blaming her eye bags(which are natural and have been there for years) on leakers, lol... This fandom, man.:awkney:

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

I swear to god sometimes it seems like her own stans hate her. So many comments on Twitter are dragging her so hard over those candid pics from the other day, calling her ugly and all kinds of shit. It's weird.

There were even people blaming her eye bags(which are natural and have been there for years) on leakers, lol... This fandom, man.:awkney:

wouldnt even consider them to be part of the fandom :awkney:

10 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

I wonder what she was doing in Hawaii since she said she only would go back there to "finish the project" and I thought that meant shooting the film but she's already back in NY :eartha2:

i think Mel said that they only record the album in Hawaii, no? :eartha2:

the way the only confirmed MM3 related thing we have from mel herself is an NFT interview that mostly not everyone knows of(when  she said it's about death/rebirth) and she swears a single is coming in the spring... the promo is gonna be a mess i fear :oprah: 

On 6/2/2022 at 12:59 AM, missanthrophocene said:

Tumblr media

Tumblr media

"Sirens" perfectly fits this episode titled "Jibaro" from the Nextflix's show "Love, Death and Robots" that is about a mythological siren.

It's mesmerizing, chaotic and so vulnerable just like the song, Melanie needs to take notes for the mv... 

Now i need an edit with the song 

There's 2 videos of these scenes with Sirens edited in on dbree and someone's acting as if it's a leak... but it looks SOO GOOD tho  :dua:

At this point I'm pretty sure 90% of her online stans are 12 year olds. All they do is talk shit about everything she does, call her ugly, spread MM3 rumors, and complain about leaks. 

Just saw an entire thread of people trolling her and saying all kinds of crap over those candid pics and it was so fucking odd. I look exactly like her without makeup too, they got me feeling ugly as hell, lol. :rip: 

Anyway, this is why she doesn't interact. This fanbase is the worst to her.