Jack

Melanie Martinez

No because why do I feel like all of this shit (jewerelly wise) happening could be Verde's impact? I do not want to come at his neck and all that, but I remember when he posted the pics he took of Mel and Jackie back in 2020 and got some recognition from the fan base (obv) and literally spammed every possible fan account of Mel with his friend's work like "listen to my friend's ep, share, stream" blah blah blah, just because he produced it. Then he came on depop with his kitch ass "rings" that escalated from being $50 to $200 and this damn print... 

23 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

This reach...

It totally makes sense since on the song she talks about someone being obsessed with her image, someone who would do ANY thing to get something from her, being hungry and hypnotized for her work

"eyes on the prize, thought the cherry would be better than the pie" leaked songs are just a tiny piece of what's being released :true:

9 hours ago, defectedbythisform said:

No because why do I feel like all of this shit happening is Verde's impact?

This is going to be a little long, so TL;DR: I disagree.

First off, they've been friends since middle school, I'm pretty sure if he was using her for attention she'd have noticed by now. From what we can see though, they have a good relationship, with a foundation of shared interests in art. Hence, why they've gone crazy this year with crafting and doing nothing but taking pictures of each other in Hawaii. 

Melanie has also talked for a while about wanting to move back to NYC, make changes to her life and career, and has taken breaks to focus on herself, hobbies, projects, etc. This is probably just another one of those times, and it probably would have happened even if she was single.

I'm just not sure her career is her top priority right now with the way things have been(leaks, fandom drama, etc), and as far as her new style goes, she's probably been looking for an excuse to pull back from the Cry Baby aesthetic for a while now. Keep in mind she was a teenager when she developed that style, it's understandable she may be over it as an almost 30 year old.

It seems like people are just upset that she's changing, and while I get that, I'm not sure why people have expected her to stay the same for over 10 years now. Like I said, I think she's just over it at this point. 

Keep in mind that we have no idea what's going on in her life past the few things we've seen this year. She could be the happiest she's ever been for all we know.

17 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I still love Cry Baby, which is a really successful, researched, wanted, produced record, I think that in a few years it will become a little classic of Pop music. :party:

As for the rest of Melanie's career, I find it difficult to project myself, I can't know what she will be doing in a few years... Will she keep her universe? K-19 was really below CB and After School was good without shining.

I find it hard to see her in 5 years with this pretty rosy universe and singing about school, I like it but one day it will get stuck.

I've skimmed over his news a bit this year and the leaks that have leaked don't have a lot of sparkle compared to Cry Baby, which was strong and striking.

I hope she goes into darker sounds, like Mad Hatter or great sounds like Soap, those little arrangements that made her songs quite unique.

Her last projects were a fiasco, she should think less big and make a really good solid album, she can do it. :smokes:

Sirens, Needle & Thread, Fingers Crossed, Void, Tunnel Vision, Garden and Dragon's Blood beg to disagree.

While they don't have the essence of Cry Baby (which I'm glad btw), they are very catchy and well written, and cohesive between each other, indicating there is already a pretty clear vision on what's next for her career/sound/themes/character/whatever, and I'm glad to see there's some detachment from the Cry Baby character (I still feel these quite, er, part of a visual story, but more intricate than CB tbh).

For what it's worth, I'll be more than fine if she closes that chapter already. CB was great as a debut album and is still her best work to date but I think it's time for a change. After School is a proof of that, to me those songs are way better written as they feel more outside of the CB character box, and it was a right move. Test Me, Numbers, Field Trip being the best imo.

I'd say the songs I mentioned at the beginning, plus Death, Færie Soirée and Maze, must be finished and included in MM3, as they all show an evolution in her character and, most important, her career as an artist.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

It totally makes sense since on the song she talks about someone being obsessed with her image, someone who would do ANY thing to get something from her, being hungry and hypnotized for her work

"eyes on the prize, thought the cherry would be better than the pie" leaked songs are just a tiny piece of what's being released :true:

I'm pretty sure Tunnel Vision is not about that, keep in mind it was written prior to the mass amounts of leaks in 2021. Unless she's using her pussy as a metaphor for unreleased.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

2 hours ago, dollanganger said:

she dropped the $777 necklaces to $555 :oprah4: what a steal!!!!!!!

And she just posted on Instagram stories a few minutes ago to promote the discount, she's shameless. Where's the album Melanie?

2 hours ago, dollanganger said:

fans: omg i bet shes using this money to perfect mm3 and make it amazing :flutter: i cant wait to see how it turns out!

the mm3 release:

EE8-D1452-5052-40-BA-B811-E9-FB29180-C00

WHO the FUCK would buy THAT no matter WHAT was on it :deadbanana:

Of course now people's prints from Verde are arriving in flat envelopes, creased and torn. :eyeroll2:

He and Melanie need to take a second to realize this isn't a good look. If people are paying them exorbitant amounts of money for random items, can they not at least ensure some quality control? Jesus Christ, lol.

4 hours ago, Sugartears said:

Does anybody know what's this? 

it leaked back in june and currently unknown what is the era but its confirmed to be real, just a vc recording tho, this same person also leaked session recordings vc snippets like tunnel vision maze the principal detention 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

We'll probably still get MM3, I don't know if her label would let her back out at this point in her contract even if she wanted to. It just might not be what we hoped for, and the movie could be scrapped for music videos.

Part of me can't see her giving up when she's wanted this for so long, but after the leaks, stan drama, and potential budget issues, I wouldn't be too surprised if she's over it. Hopefully she'll give us some info soon, I feel like it's reasonable to ask with how much money and support she's gotten from fans lately.

Lossless instrumentals for Maze and Under the Desk:

https://dbree.org/v/5f633a

https://dbree.org/v/ff0985