Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Lossless instrumentals for Maze and Under the Desk:

https://dbree.org/v/5f633a

https://dbree.org/v/ff0985

Now someone leak the full songs in lossless :legend:

27 minutes ago, dollanganger said:

ALLEGEDLY shes marking things as sold even though they're not. when is this nightmare going to end😭😭😭

Where'd you get that info? 💀

6 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Lossless instrumentals for Maze and Under the Desk:

https://dbree.org/v/5f633a

https://dbree.org/v/ff0985

Yo, these are not lossless :( 

2022-07-31.png

2022-07-31-1.png

They're most likely an upscale, and I actually haven't listened closely on headphones but there's a chance they could be filtered. Confirming later on.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Thank fucking god we finally got some good news, lmao. Not more than 3-4 months before we'll hopefully get some of the best content we've seen so far.

Now I'm really wondering though if the whole film will be scrapped in favor of individual videos. Honestly, I would prefer a slower rollout to her releasing it all at once like K-12.

omg i hope she gave up on the movie lol. i think it would be a lot easier for her and her team to just do a step backwards and try to make this era a little bit simpler with just music videos, which are totally fine!! so she can “save” money and avoid going in debt with her label lmao

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

omg i hope she gave up on the movie lol. i think it would be a lot easier for her and her team to just do a step backwards and try to make this era a little bit simpler with just music videos, which are totally fine!! so she can “save” money and avoid going in debt with her label lmao

Exactly. She did perfect in the Crybaby era with just music videos. Each one goes together nicely in a movie anyway. We had a much better time trying to piece it together with a story since it was done out of order and not spoon-fed to us.

2 hours ago, missanthrophocene said:

album 2022

march

april

spring

fall

album early 2023

honestly not hyped until i see a teaser to start the era... :toofunny:

Yikes, but also yay because I get to forget about her for another 6+ months without thinking I'm missing out.

See u then every1  :heart:

7 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yo, these are not lossless :( 

They're most likely an upscale, and I actually haven't listened closely on headphones but there's a chance they could be filtered. Confirming later on.

I don't know how to read spek but I think the files are legit. According to the metadata, both were exported with Logic Pro/Pro Tools in March 2020 (also, you can't hear any vocals at all):

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

6 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

I don't know how to read spek but I think the files are legit. According to the metadata, both were exported with Logic Pro/Pro Tools in March 2020 (also, you can't hear any vocals at all):

Hide contents

unknown.png
unknown.png

In Spek, a lossless file would top the chart. These files (particularly Maze) do cut around 16 kHz, which indicate lossy compression (Under the Desk has a 20 kHz peak BUT the spectrum is very faint so I wouldn't take that as a legit lossless; to me that's more of an upscale).

Re-encoding a lossy format (mp3, m4a) into a lossless format (WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF) is very very easy, so I wouldn't be surprised if whoever leaked these just took a little mp3 file and they just ran it into Logic and reexported it in WAV format (I've done that when remastering leaked files, but I use a different software than Logic). That would be a lossless export, but not coming from a lossless file (hope that makes sense :bebe:)

That's what I know, hence I'm not quite sure if those files are true lossless or not. However if they're official instrumentals, whether lossy or not, I'm glad to have them! Instrumentals for unreleased songs are sort of a rarity so that's great.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:20 PM, Glitter Boy said:

In Spek, a lossless file would top the chart. These files (particularly Maze) do cut around 16 kHz, which indicate lossy compression (Under the Desk has a 20 kHz peak BUT the spectrum is very faint so I wouldn't take that as a legit lossless; to me that's more of an upscale).

Re-encoding a lossy format (mp3, m4a) into a lossless format (WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF) is very very easy, so I wouldn't be surprised if whoever leaked these just took a little mp3 file and they just ran it into Logic and reexported it in WAV format (I've done that when remastering leaked files, but I use a different software than Logic). That would be a lossless export, but not coming from a lossless file (hope that makes sense :bebe:)

That's what I know, hence I'm not quite sure if those files are true lossless or not. However if they're official instrumentals, whether lossy or not, I'm glad to have them! Instrumentals for unreleased songs are sort of a rarity so that's great.

The files have original encoders (I feel like if a fan was trying to downscale they'd just use Audacity, as Pro Tools and Logic are professional producer softwares typically used by people in the industry). These were also exported monthsss before AS even came out, and the dates line up with when Melanie was working on the EP, so I'm inclined to believe they're legit tbh.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

On 8/1/2022 at 2:35 AM, Nightmare said:

With the album and singles/mvs being pushed back every time by atlantic records I don't see the movie's shooting starting anytime soon or it even happening(she wants to do music videoS and that's a already a budget, don't think they would give her a whole nother budget in such a short space of time).

I really wish she would drop the movie and focus on releasing music videos with worthy visuals, with the budget she had for K-12 she could do SOOO MUCH MORE visually 

1 hour ago, missanthrophocene said:

With the album and singles/mvs being pushed back every time by atlantic records I don't see the movie's shooting starting anytime soon or it even happening(she wants to do music videoS and that's a already a budget, don't think they would give her a whole nother budget in such a short space of time).

I really wish she would drop the movie and focus on releasing music videos with worthy visuals, with the budget she had for K-12 she could do SOOO MUCH MORE visually 

Would it make sense to make separate music videos and then stitch them together for a short film?

Guys I don't want the film :bebe: no matter how incredible it can be, Melanie seems to put the music in second term when she's doing a visual for it and I fear it could become another K-12 situation. I'm all here and will be just fine if she drops the album with a regular rollout + great music videos and that's it.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:31 AM, missanthrophocene said:

album 2022

march

april

spring

fall

album early 2023

honestly not hyped until i see a teaser to start the era... :toofunny:

The queen is coming back for her crown!

giphy.gif