Melanie Martinez

55 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I cannot emphasize my massive need for deep end to l word

Also where do I join this discord server 

i think THM discord server is a (That) Poppy-centric server

8 hours ago, Pop The Balloons said:

I cannot emphasize my massive need for deep end to l word

Also where do I join this discord server 

The server has a Poppy theme but Melanie and many others are also actively discussed! invite link: https://discord.gg/unxyG6Az

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

I was listening to Bella Poarch's debut EP and it kinda reminds me to Melanie Martinez sound.

It's sorta like a "what if Melanie released a second album that took the Cry Baby sound and make it more basic and mainstream" sound.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I was listening to Bella Poarch's debut EP and it kinda reminds me to Melanie Martinez sound.

It's sorta like a "what if Melanie released a second album that took the Cry Baby sound and make it more basic and mainstream" sound.

is this the girl who pulls stupid faces on tiktok for a career? all I hear about this girl is how she’s a Melanie wannabe, these tiktok people need to leave

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

is this the girl who pulls stupid faces on tiktok for a career? all I hear about this girl is how she’s a Melanie wannabe, these tiktok people need to leave

Yup, her sound is very similar, just change Melanie baby aesthetic for a slutty robot aesthetic and that's how you get a musical image and sound for Bella Poarch. 

Her music is not bad but you can tell how awful unoriginal she is and how very lifeless she sounds. It's a shame because there's nothing bad with her music but at the same time there's nothing noteworthy from her. She's just another social media star who is popular enough to become whatever she wants to become lol. 

And Grimes is there to support her, because that's the new Grimes. She loves to hop on trends, be an internet persona and stop working on her own music to produce others. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I swear for the past week her twitter mentions have just been fans spreading fake shit with thousands of people falling for it. Fake album covers, fake teasers, fake snippets, and people starting serious drama over things like some tiktoker "calling Melanie a flop", which didn't even happen because she was just reading a live comment and people spread clips out of context. There are even people making shit up about Melanie's childhood, saying she was abused and molested, and people just ate it up. No wonder she hates us all, for real. It's getting out of hand here.

Omg I listened to that Bella poarch EP, it’s like something from a Disney channel original movie, it’s like every Melanie/Billie wannabe sounds nowadays, I hate these young artists sampling skipping rope songs thinking it’s impressive or quirky 

giphy.gif

tbh"living hell" sounded interesting with that part that only has a guitar(the second chorus), the rest is a melanie rip-off and repetitive like melanie been doing...

bella and suburban been using her as inspo for their songs and it doesn't sound original :bye:

On 8/12/2022 at 11:33 AM, EXODUS said:

its pretty clear to me that she took advantage of the gap melanie left in the market for all these years without releasing music. it was pretty smart of her and her team.

i like her visuals but her sounds kinda sound thr same to me so i dont listen

5 hours ago, sadhotforever said:

What are y'alls thoughts on Leah Kate calling Melanie a flop:silly:

Just a bunch of weird tiktok drama as far as I heard. She was reading comments out loud and someone was spamming "Melanie Floptinez" into a live chat. People spread clips out of context to have something to talk about, and it got way more attention than it deserved. Isn't she also some weird nursery rhyme singer wannabe? Why do people care so much about these weirdos all of the sudden?

7 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Just a bunch of weird tiktok drama as far as I heard. She was reading comments out loud and someone was spamming "Melanie Floptinez" into a live chat. People spread clips out of context to have something to talk about, and it got way more attention than it deserved. Isn't she also some weird nursery rhyme singer wannabe? Why do people care so much about these weirdos all of the sudden?

oh dear god leah kate is the twinkle twinkle little bitch girl LMFAOOO her music is a punishment upon the world

On 8/13/2022 at 4:18 AM, OverYourHead said:

Omg I listened to that Bella poarch EP, it’s like something from a Disney channel original movie, it’s like every Melanie/Billie wannabe sounds nowadays, I hate these young artists sampling skipping rope songs thinking it’s impressive or quirky 

On 8/13/2022 at 6:10 PM, missanthrophocene said:

tbh"living hell" sounded interesting with that part that only has a guitar(the second chorus), the rest is a melanie rip-off and repetitive like melanie been doing...

bella and suburban been using her as inspo for their songs and it doesn't sound original :bye:

On 8/13/2022 at 7:00 PM, champainproblms said:

its pretty clear to me that she took advantage of the gap melanie left in the market for all these years without releasing music. it was pretty smart of her and her team.

i like her visuals but her sounds kinda sound thr same to me so i dont listen

On 8/12/2022 at 9:37 AM, OverYourHead said:

Oh my, I really thought I was the only one who felt like this haha.