Jack

Melanie Martinez

6 hours ago, baddisease said:

do you think MM Film 2 will be better?

Probably. The main issue with K-12 was just her not knowing enough about filmmaking and its actual cost before she made her first movie.

When she handed in her first script they told her it would cost over $11M, with a 3+ hour runtime. Her budget was $6M which was already really generous. I think she realizes now that if she'd filmed in cheaper places, cut some fluff to add more dialogue, and rewrote the script instead of removing chunks without context, K-12 would've been a lot better and made more money. She already said she wants MM2 to be more of an actual movie, so I think we can assume she'll try to prioritize higher quality acting and plot this time.

i swear if we get thru her sky ferreira phase just for the album to be the same quality as K-12 (which aged like milk) i'll be sick :hide: a lot of the leaks sounded really promising but isn't she apparently not using any of them?

1 hour ago, 400lux said:

i swear if we get thru her sky ferreira phase just for the album to be the same quality as K-12 (which aged like milk) i'll be sick :hide: a lot of the leaks sounded really promising but isn't she apparently not using any of them?

I think this was stated to, er, deviate attention from the leaks, maybe? There's no way in hell at least Sirens, Tunnel Vision, Needle & Thread, Fingers Crossed, Void, Garden and Dragon's Blood are not released :read:

I actually would be very happy if she chooses everything from the leaks but releases them in finished, properly polished form. Even if we've heard most of it, I think it's stronger than much of her released material. It does have potential :true: 

Now fingers crossed.mp3 for her/her label not to scrap this damn album.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Tired of opening her Instagram story to another random photo of her and Verde sitting around. It would be cute if she wasn't keeping us hanging with consistently incorrect release dates, often months and years before anything actually comes out. Can't we just get something on time for once? Even for people who just followed her for her photos and stories, this must be getting old. She does nothing now.

While she doesn't "owe us" anything, some artists make me wish they would just choose whether they want to be famous, or want to be left alone, and stick with it. Not this back and forth all the time.

26 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Tired of opening her Instagram story to another random photo of her and Verde sitting around. It would be cute if she wasn't keeping us hanging with consistently incorrect release dates, often months and years before anything actually comes out. Can't we just get something on time for once? Even for people who just followed her for her photos and stories, this must be getting old. She does nothing now.

While she doesn't "owe us" anything, some artists make me wish they would just choose whether they want to be famous, or want to be left alone, and stick with it. Not this back and forth all the time.

Melanie is one of those people who i dont look for at all and just direct my focus and attention to other people x

it's only in a week but if nothing's at least teased/announced by the autumn equinox i think we're in major trouble... :bebe: the saddest part is that it wouldnt even faze anyone if she ended up not doing a thing this year because this is just the sort of conduct that's expected from her now

Apparently Snow Tha Product is mad about "I Scream" never getting released, and it looks like it had something directly to do with Melanie.

"nobody is more sad about what happened to that song than ME 🤯🫠 i was LIED TO STRUNG ALONG, AND ULTIMATELY DISAPPOINTED.. i wish it came out”

She had the rights to make her own version at one time, but we already know that version was scrapped too. Does Melanie just piss off everyone she works with eventually? Why does nearly all of her music get scrapped? I really don't believe it's just her record label at this point, because so much doesn't add up there.

51 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Apparently Snow Tha Product is mad about "I Scream" never getting released, and it looks like it had something directly to do with Melanie.

"nobody is more sad about what happened to that song than ME 🤯🫠 i was LIED TO STRUNG ALONG, AND ULTIMATELY DISAPPOINTED.. i wish it came out”

She had the rights to make her own version at one time, but we already know that version was scrapped too. Does Melanie just piss off everyone she works with eventually? Why does nearly all of her music get scrapped? I really don't believe it's just her record label at this point, because so much doesn't add up there.

Okay but let's not act as if she's Porcelain Black*** or someone with that attitude. I don't track her collabs much (not like she has plenty of btw) but I don't remember her having bad blood with another artist because of a collab/cancelled collab etc.? If she has had, sorry for the misunderstanding but iirc at least her producers keep working with her (Kinetics & One Love, Michael Keenan) and it's been years. /// I don't doubt she has some hard attitude, because it's not normal that her material keeps being pushed back, but collabs is like the least likely reason tbh. As for this specific Snow tha Product case, I don't know. I literally didn't even know she existed before the I Scream leak.

Also, not nearly all of her music gets scrapped, she literally has 2 albums, a film and a couple EPs out. I know a lot remains unreleased (and the plenty of leaks are proof of that), but even if it takes years for her to release a new project, she does. In seven years she has released roughly 40 songs, which considering her long gaps between projects, is, er, reasonable at some extent.

Not defending Melanie with this btw, just wanted to point that out.

***OT Disclaimer: if you don't know who Porcelain Black is, it's better that way lol. She does exactly that, pissing off everyone she works with.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: