Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 1/24/2023 at 8:11 AM, The Siren said:

Jinx (V0.1) leaked

wasn't it leaked long ago? i remember downloading some file titled jinx like last spring or something, but tbh i played it once and never played it again so i can't tell if the new leak is any different to that dddd :teehee: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

12 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

wasn't it leaked long ago? i remember downloading some file titled jinx like last spring or something, but tbh i played it once and never played it again so i can't tell if the new leak is any different to that dddd :teehee: 

I haven't listened to this one either lmao

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

I haven't listened to this one either lmao

lolol from what I've heard, Jinx is pretty bleh. definitely the other sessions are way superior.

anyways, another day without Sirens on streaming :heidi: 

On 1/24/2023 at 4:07 AM, evalionisameme said:

I couldn’t listen to any k12 tbh, it sounds really cheap to me-like the production sounded worse than crybaby oddly and I don’t think decent beats are difficult enough to make yourself so…..

honestly barring personal feelings(apologies crybabies)-a song like this would have helped Melanie’s career to progress from cry baby.

this song unironically bops but i dont stream it anymore after i realized melanie was probably innocent :toofloppy: but it was a bit of a stomp for that year that i was listening

On 1/10/2023 at 7:41 PM, American Whore said:

hi yall. i know there are some hardcore stans i've seen over the last few months/years but i'm just now trying her music for the first time :slayty:

i started with k-12, got through the first song and apple music told me that her first is related to the second album so i figured maybe i'd get it better if i listen to the first one first. so that's where i am right now. 

hey! wouldn't call myself a "hardcore" fan but ive basically been listening to her since about 2018-ish. Definitely listen to Crybaby, then K-12, then After School, her newest EP (I actually dont really like it that much :oop2: but there are some bops like Brain and Heart and Test Me). Then omg go watch her film K-12, it's up for free on her youtube :)) it's definitely more of a visual album than a movie imo, but it has a loose plot and some gorgeous visuals. People are very divided on it lol but i really love it tbh. There are also some unreleased bops (Bombs on Monday, Piggyback, both are on Soundcloud), but honestly I don't know a lot of her unreleased tracks.

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

1 minute ago, dollanganger said:

her unreleased is a lot better than quite a few things from her released stuff. i think all of us here highly recommend

Melanie could easily get a smash hit if she released some unreleased songs in a compilation - especially songs that went viral online

She should just drop a 12- to 14-track compilation of from-the-vault Cry Baby outtakes, title it Toy Chest and grab some coins from it. I know now less than ever is likely, but that would've been a great idea a couple years ago to hold us over.

Damn, she really has material to do a couple volumes on that. One post-Cry Baby and one post-After School would've been nice.

5 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

She should just drop a 12- to 14-track compilation of from-the-vault Cry Baby outtakes, title it Toy Chest and grab some coins from it. I know now less than ever is likely, but that would've been a great idea a couple years ago to hold us over.

Damn, she really has material to do a couple volumes on that. One post-Cry Baby and one post-After School would've been nice.

i would collapse if Drowning made an appearance in full :trisha:

i will never stop talking about this song either :trisha:

is this list good for a Toy Chest compilation?

i added Birthing Addicts and Dear Porcupines as bonuses

1. Coloring Book
  2. Where Do Babies Come from?
  3. Unhappy Meal
  4. 99 Cent Store
  5. Bombs on Monday Morning
  6. Birthing Addicts
  7. Arts & Crafts
  8. Ring Pop
  9. Seesaw
  10. Half-Hearted
  11. You Love I
  12. Haunted
  13. Night Mime
  14. Drowning
  15. Psycho Lovers
  16. Dear Porcupines

found this on google and think it could work as the artwork (if the Extra Clutter EP was not released separate from the Cry Baby deluxe edition)

cry_baby_s_extra_clutters_ep_by_melanie_martinez_by_candy_rex2_dchztxt-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjljMzg1YWMtZDBmYi00YmRhLWEzYTYtOWQ4NjlkOTNhZGIzXC9kY2h6dHh0LWI4MjQ4MDU5LTZiMjQtNDQzOS1iMGJiLWY2MmU2ODcyZmE0Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjQwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.vWdWf7Pdhmi9rhbM66xNeBB4BOfm9ZrZ1ska0QHjV3Q

1 hour ago, deepseafishing said:

this song unironically bops but i dont stream it anymore after i realized melanie was probably innocent :toofloppy: but it was a bit of a stomp for that year that i was listening

ehhhhh there isn't evidence that nothing happened, rather Melanie confirmed in her response that intercourse DID happen. Timothy also wasn't the only friend to speak about being coerced into sex, it's just that she views it through the lens of assault while the other victim[?] doesn't. You can perceive Melanie however you want, but I always found it weird how people gang up on Timothy in the ways that they do :rip:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

is this list good for a Toy Chest compilation?

i added Birthing Addicts and Dear Porcupines as bonuses

1. Coloring Book
  2. Where Do Babies Come from?
  3. Unhappy Meal
  4. 99 Cent Store
  5. Bombs on Monday Morning
  6. Birthing Addicts
  7. Arts & Crafts
  8. Ring Pop
  9. Seesaw
  10. Half-Hearted
  11. You Love I
  12. Haunted
  13. Night Mime
  14. Drowning
  15. Psycho Lovers
  16. Dear Porcupines

found this on google and think it could work as the artwork (if the Extra Clutter EP was not released separate from the Cry Baby deluxe edition)

cry_baby_s_extra_clutters_ep_by_melanie_martinez_by_candy_rex2_dchztxt-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjljMzg1YWMtZDBmYi00YmRhLWEzYTYtOWQ4NjlkOTNhZGIzXC9kY2h6dHh0LWI4MjQ4MDU5LTZiMjQtNDQzOS1iMGJiLWY2MmU2ODcyZmE0Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjQwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.vWdWf7Pdhmi9rhbM66xNeBB4BOfm9ZrZ1ska0QHjV3Q

the list itself is amazing, although I would probably modify the order somehow. it's cute the addition of Dear Porcupines and Birthing Addicts too! ugh, if only she decided to do something like this :defeated: 

For MM2 she should've just used the CB scraps like Haunted, BOMM, etc.that weren't so child-like as the second album in 2018. She could've just been like "here are some songs about Cry Baby's teenage relationships/years" or something. Maybe change the songs a little, scrap the movie and make 13 music videos with that polaroid vintage aesthetic she had and it would've been a cult classic and a great follow-up to CB imo :gurl:

giphy.gif 

On 1/10/2023 at 8:41 PM, American Whore said:

hi yall. i know there are some hardcore stans i've seen over the last few months/years but i'm just now trying her music for the first time :slayty:

i started with k-12, got through the first song and apple music told me that her first is related to the second album so i figured maybe i'd get it better if i listen to the first one first. so that's where i am right now. 

When Crybaby came out I was a HUGE fan. I’m not as big into her now, I still love her and her music obviously (however these last few weeks I’ve been falling back into her music). Here are some of my recommendations that I would listen to in the order I put. I put brief descriptions (mainly my opinion) so you can always just listen to the few that speak to you :wub:

Toxic- she covered it on The Voice, it’s absolutely beautiful 

Dollhouse- love the music video and the song obvi

Carousel- such a vibe, pretty lyrics

Dead to Me- revenge era 

Bittersweet Tragedy-  such a soft yet deep song

Soap- go to song when you say something stupid or something you regret saying 

Pity Party- my sad girl birthday anthem 

Tag You’re It- this is the song that got me into Mel, underrated perfection 

Milk and Cookies- I’ve been listening to this song constantly over the last couple weeks, the aesthetic, melody, and lyrics are so beautiful 

Mrs. Potato Head- such a touching song (and music video) regarding beauty standards

Mad Hatter- weird, dystopian wonderland, truly just a great vibe 

Cake- very much giving reputation energy  

Strawberry Shortcake- nice beat, it’s about body image and how girls are expected to dress 

Recess- love the beat, lyrics, and message, it’s the type of song you want to scream despite it being pretty chill

Hope this helps in some way and wishing you best on your Melanie journey and let me know what songs you like best !

bd36f415e2bce3c4a22bdee57b866be838b9b40b

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°