Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 1/26/2023 at 10:45 PM, Gravitate said:

For MM2 she should've just used the CB scraps like Haunted, BOMM, etc.that weren't so child-likeΒ as the second album in 2018. She could've just been like "here are some songs about Cry Baby's teenage relationships/years" or something. Maybe change the songs a little, scrap the movie and make 13 music videos with that polaroid vintage aesthetic she had and it would've been a cult classic and a great follow-up to CB imoΒ :gurl:

This is a great idea! I've thought the same thing ever since K-12 was released. She should've just waited to do the movie in the future rather than put it out at the same time as the album. Luckily she'll be doing that for her new album. Also I like the concept you mentioned, "here are some songs about Crybaby's teenage relationships/years" . I honestly would've just loved an album focused on Crybaby's teenage years. And I think the vintage polaroid aesthetic she had would've been great for music videos as well.

Β 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:41 AM, The Siren said:

is this list good for a Toy Chest compilation?

1. Coloring Book
  2. Where Do Babies Come from?
  3. Unhappy Meal
  4. 99 Cent Store
  5. Bombs on Monday Morning
  6. Birthing Addicts
  7. Arts & Crafts
  8. Ring Pop
  9. Seesaw
  10. Half-Hearted
  11. You Love I
  12. Haunted
  13. Night Mime
  14. Drowning
  15. Psycho Lovers
  16. Dear Porcupines

You forgot Toy Chest (the song)Β :teehee:....Β but it's cute!

Β 

Β And ugh, Extra Clutter was such a missed opportunity to release some more amazing outtakes instead of stuff we already hadΒ :defeated:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

On 1/26/2023 at 8:41 PM, The Siren said:

is this list good for a Toy Chest compilation?

i added Birthing Addicts and Dear Porcupines as bonuses

1. Coloring Book
  2. Toy Chest
  3. Unhappy Meal
  4. Bombs on Monday Morning
  5. Birthing Addicts
  6. Arts & Crafts
  7. Ring Pop
  8. 99 Cent Store
  9. Seesaw
  10. Half-Hearted
  11. You Love I
  12. Where Do Babies Come from?
  13. Haunted
  14. Psycho Lovers

Β 

found this on google and think it could work as the artwork (if the Extra Clutter EP was not released separate from the Cry Baby deluxe edition)

cry_baby_s_extra_clutters_ep_by_melanie_martinez_by_candy_rex2_dchztxt-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjljMzg1YWMtZDBmYi00YmRhLWEzYTYtOWQ4NjlkOTNhZGIzXC9kY2h6dHh0LWI4MjQ4MDU5LTZiMjQtNDQzOS1iMGJiLWY2MmU2ODcyZmE0Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjQwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.vWdWf7Pdhmi9rhbM66xNeBB4BOfm9ZrZ1ska0QHjV3Q

slight edit and added Toy Chest as per @Coloringbooks's request

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

as for an alt reality for Extra Clutter as a full album in accordance to the Toy Chest compilation above,

1. Dear Porcupines
  2. Schizo
  3. Play Date
  4. Rough Love
  5. Teddy Bear
  6. Drowning
  7. Rocking Horse
  8. Gingerbread Man
  9. Night Mime
  10. A Million Men
  11. Cake
  12. Dead to Me
  13. Bittersweet Tragedy

thots? :hoe:

Edited by The Siren
added A Million Men

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

10 minutes ago, rabbit boi said:

oh also do we know if stitches was one of those songs from the apple list with fake titles?

I'm bleeding out, your stitches aren't enoughΒ 

Β 

Most of these are super rough/unfinished though, so notΒ worth begging forΒ 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯

18 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Β 

omg thank you so much, idk how i missed that line

and yea im not crazy about these trap melanie songsΒ but chipping away at unknown tracks is neat ig

4 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Β 

they still shouldn't be gatekept, leak them ALL.

Even if im not the biggest fan of her recent material I think she still has some potencial left in the last leaks for MM3, ive been listening to It in this way, I think It can make a cute album (I know most of It Its scrapped):

Β 

1. Corpse

2. Dragons Blood

3. Syncronicities

4. Fingers Crossed

5. Mother of Pearl

6. Sirens

7. Moon Cycle

8. EmeraldΒ 

9. Garden

10. Needle & Thread

11. Tunnel Vision

12. Void

13. Death

Β 

14. Barely Juice (hope this one leaks soon, with DB is one of the few upbeat songs)Β 

15. Faerie Soiree (bonus track)

16. Leeches (bonus track)

15 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Just leak All K-12 outtakes!! I dont care for after School unreleased, once u hear one u hear them all and they sound horrible (Function is the only decent one)!! I said ItΒ :xgiggle:

ik michaels harddrive has an absolute gold mine of k-12 outtakes, it sucks theyll prob never see the light of day with how hard michael produced content is to come by

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

This poor thread, I always forget about Melanie until this is pinged. Even the Sky & Azealia threads get more actionΒ :O! I wasΒ OBSESSEDΒ with the Crybaby album when it was released....or was it called Dollhouse....it's been so long that I've forgot :trisha:.

yeah there were both Dollhouse EP and Cry Baby, but pls if u havent listened to her unreleased dew it rn.... im talking about rocking horse, jumprope, ring pop, where do babies come fromΒ Β specifically

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 1/28/2023 at 4:14 PM, missanthrophocene said:

with after school ep(andd it's outtakes) i have a feeling she wanted to go tryΒ a more organic sound but they just endedΒ sounding bland and monotonous productionwiseΒ :azealia:

I personally think the after school EP is amazing. Numbers, Test Me and Field Trip are certified BOPS.Β