Jack

Melanie Martinez

5 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Im afraid for my life… is that contagious? :cryney:

Someone said something about a single… is that source reliable? And when does it come out? :awkney:

i think people are saying stuff about the 17th? have no idea if its reliable we’ll see:ma:

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

Only 2 weeks before the release date? Sounds like a terrible idea to promote the album….

…So I believe it’s possible for her :lmaoney::thumb:

she’s also preforming at a festival soon after that so :awkney: not sure how thatll work

13 minutes ago, baked said:

she’s also preforming at a festival soon after that so :awkney: not sure how thatll work

Classic Melanie :toofloppy:

I don’t get it… she’s really talented an all but with barely any promotion she still manages to grow a fanbase and get bigger everytime! Even if she only releases an album every 4 years, no singles, barely any live performances, no social media presence… the gen Zs still eat her up even if she releases a shitty project  (🕷️🕸️)

Her work is really captivating but… that’s art right there :true:

Something worth studying, that cutesy Lolita/baby pastel creepy tumbrl aesthetic has made her an icon among the otakus and TikTokers… and now she can do no wrong in their eyes! 

go get that coin sis :bearnod:

I've moved past my K-12 PTSD and am ready to embrace this ho again and I'm looking at all the stupid vinyl variants and I cannot decide for the life in my gay body which one to get.

UO Green and Target Red are out of the running.

But I cannot decide on any of the rest. B&N Pink is cute and safe, Walmart is ok, and the two webstore ones are nice, but I'm hesitant on the one because that page says "swirl" on the vinyl when it is in fact more a "splatter" mock up (like is the final actually gonna be like the picture, or is gonna bait and switch on us), and the 'bloodshot translucent' has the potential to be cool....or it has the potential to look like magenta mud.

How it looks spinning on the turntable has a very palpable impact on my enjoyment ok.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

10 minutes ago, baked said:

you love I will always be that girl :wowcry:

So true! Great storytelling there… With Night Mime, Gold Diggin Love and Bombs On Monday is one of the best Mel early songs :crying:

Also just realized but Unhappy Meal’s verses… a serve!! I know it’s just a rough demo but the way she calls us all out!! The meaning seems deep, even if it talks about a relationship (coming back to something hurtful to you just because u get addicted to the mistreatment) or about big corporations abusing power! I would say it’s rather ambiguous, just like with BOMM

still… a BOP! :illumilana2:

13 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

I've moved past my K-12 PTSD and am ready to embrace this ho again and I'm looking at all the stupid vinyl variants and I cannot decide for the life in my gay body which one to get.

UO Green and Target Red are out of the running.

But I cannot decide on any of the rest. B&N Pink is cute and safe, Walmart is ok, and the two webstore ones are nice, but I'm hesitant on the one because that page says "swirl" on the vinyl when it is in fact more a "splatter" mock up (like is the final actually gonna be like the picture, or is gonna bait and switch on us), and the 'bloodshot translucent' has the potential to be cool....or it has the potential to look like magenta mud.

How it looks spinning on the turntable has a very palpable impact on my enjoyment ok.

I am counting on the webstore to be more of a splatter. The bloodshot could easily be blah like the Midnights pressings, too clear and hardly any marbling.

Webstore and UO likely to be the most rare. I think Bloodshot is the standard pressing.   

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, champainproblms said:

i can't believe we still don't have gold diggin love

i cant believe we have jumprope:lange: but studio of gold diggin love is such a grail alongside half hearted... why mels unreleased community doesnt do groupbuys:lange:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I am counting on the webstore to be more of a splatter. The bloodshot could easily be blah like the Midnights pressings, too clear and hardly any marbling.

Webstore and UO likely to be the most rare. I think Bloodshot is the standard pressing.   

That's my worry too - not enough marbling. I've got some records that are gorgeous, and others where it's like....there's a 1inch circle where there's vaguely some marbling and it's just otherwise opaque.

I could just be a crackhead and buy multiple variants. Idk.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Meghan Trainor says she dedicates her new track "Mother" to fellow songstress Melanie Martinez, who "emerged from the mother lake."

"The song was inspired by her, I've been starstruck ever since I heard Void (snippet). I really can't wait for PORTALS. She sings, and I listen to her," she explains.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

5 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Meghan Trainor says she dedicates her new track "Mother" to fellow songstress Melanie Martinez, who "emerged from the mother lake."

"The song was inspired by her, I've been starstruck ever since I heard Void (snippet). I really can't wait for PORTALS. She sings, and I listen to her," she explains.

:thumb: LMAO u need to be put down immediately !