Jack

Melanie Martinez

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

I have made my judgements thus far under the understanding that these are snippets, and do intend to listen to the album through at least once to form final opinions, but snippets certainly do give you enough to get a feel for a project and can build or damage your level of hype. 

That said: I am still holding out hope for at least some old content to make the cut, since this new content sounds almost unfinished in the way there's vocal effects yet not vocal mastering, and there seems to be little to no mixing in that she is often hard to hear and understand.

I agree, these snippets don’t seem quite finished. Even the HQ versions sound pretty low quality through headphones. Lower quality than the leaks we have of MM3 honestly, and much lower quality than streaming. Even the videos from her Instagram and TikTok seem to be that way.

In a way I hate this snippet roll out. It’s almost as hard to make judgments as the nightmare of snippets leaked for DYKTTATUOB. Every song tells a story on its own, and are hard to judge sometimes outside of a whole album, particularly in Melanie’s case, let alone a snippet of a song with no context. I don’t know why she’s doing it this way, particularly with how concept and album focused she is in telling a story. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

even though ive already made and ordered a cd of my version of the mm3 leaks, im rearranging the leaks again :crossed:

i love the idea of Fairy Dance being the opener, i like the idea that Faerie Soiree fades in from FD but idk if i like FS being as part of the opening :crossed:

(ive edited the two in audacity to be crossfaded into each other; but kept them as separate tracks)

1. Faerie Dance (intro)
  2. Faerie Soiree
  3. Sirens
  4. Tunnel Vision
  5. Dragon's Blood
  6. Corpse
  7. Leeches
  8. Void
  9. Garden
  10. Emerald
  11. Needle & Thread
  12. Inconsistent Flame
  13. Fingers Crossed
  14. Labyrinth
  15. Not Dead, Just Expired
  16. Synchronicities
  17. Death
Edited by The Siren

atp, i really believes Crybaby is her only good album & thats just so sad & depressing to think about. I know how far this woman can go but im not feeling good about this project. When you dont even hear that 'signature' within the artist themselves in a genre-switch type of album, its not really a good sign, to change & develop your craft is so close to lost yourself to something else and im afraid she fell into that pitfall. And dont let me start with her songwriting, where did her Crybaby pen go? 

These snipets really tell me what I need to know, if they cant keep me excited then how? :pout:

Spoiler

but im ready to be proven wrong, this is her third album, she better do something to redeem after that K-12 thing

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

54 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

atp, i really believes Crybaby is her only good album & thats just so sad & depressing to think about. I know how far this woman can go but im not feeling good about this project. When you dont even hear that 'signature' within the artist themselves in a genre-switch type of album, its not really a good sign, to change & develop your craft is so close to lost yourself to something else and im afraid she fell into that pitfall. And dont let me start with her songwriting, where did her Crybaby pen go? 

These snipets really tell me what I need to know, if they cant keep me excited then how? :pout:

Hide contents

but im ready to be proven wrong, this is her third album, she better do something to redeem after that K-12 thing

That happened to Marina too.

Mfhp.gif

don’t listen to Melanie but seeing y’all’s comments about artists falling off @ their third album made me think about how crazy it is that Lana is literally on her 10th and still going so strong ?!? Like her third album was literally UV which is a masterpiece. Y’all’s faves could never…. Sorry bout it! 

I may listen to felony Martinez if she drops the infantilisation thing 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

40 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Say that to Recess :pls:

No. i have to defend Recess, this & Strawberry Shortcake are the only best tracks that saved K-12 from being bunch of performative mediocre music.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

16 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

don’t listen to Melanie but seeing y’all’s comments about artists falling off @ their third album made me think about how crazy it is that Lana is literally on her 10th and still going so strong ?!? Like her third album was literally UV which is a masterpiece. Y’all’s faves could never…. Sorry bout it! 

i mean we have yet to see any bit of it since the RIP CryBaby teaser

Death-It's okay. don't like the chorus

Void-love it I can't wait for the full

Spider Web-....no

Battle of Larynx-love it

Evil-love it.

I'm not super picky when it comes to Ms. Martinez. The only thing she released that I didn't really like was that Ep. I loved the albums.

Hai Bitches Salem's Sister is here :hdu:

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

24 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Melanie fell off at her second album:air: but still hopeful for something better. But you’re right, it’s rare to find artists who keep improving their craft. 

I’ll forgive a sophomore slump, but another K-12, I’ll be cutting the string like she talked about in Needle and Thread, I fear. :oprah3:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

welcome :dance:

Ty :smile4:

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

I don't think I will ever recover if Sirens don't make the album, this just is unacceptable, it even fits the rock image she's going for I CAN'T ACCEPT HER SAMPLING THE SONG FOR 30 SECONDS TO USE IT AS A INTRO TO ANOTHER COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SONG THAT DON'T EVEN MATCH SONICALLY(tv or void, if that web finder thing is right) this just ain't it shes sick it was going to be her magnum opus the critics would eat it up the people deserves to hear it mixed mastered releasef officialy:trisha:

3 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Well the new record is more fantasy / creature oriented. No sign of a single diaper / baby bottle. 💀 I think we’ve finally been saved from that with this album