Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

6 minutes ago, 132 said:

Pls what drama

Lmao exactly. what drama? All we did was ask for the hq file and they lost their shit :true:

Yeah, that's why I said I don't think it's about that. It was just a couple people acting dramatic and childish over a low quality snippet on TikTok. I also have a hard time believing she just didn't feel like posting a video for this one when she did for all the others, but who knows. We might still get one.

15 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

:kum: Melanie is truly the queen of periods lmao she put it in her movie, she has a song about it what else is this girli going to do with periods

A lot of her recent writing is really "I'm 14 and this is deep". Pretty much all of K-12 is the poster child for this issue, but her singing about her period like it's some transformative spiritual experience that will ascend her to a higher level of consciousness is next level, lol. At least the song is catchy, I'll give it that, but the lyrics are atrocious

42 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Being a Melanie fan is so tiring but exhciting at the same time. On one hand there's some cool ppl like you guys and then you've got the Twitter and insta cry babies..... And it's exciting because Melanie is incredibly talented and can do good things (not so much lately) and the snippets def keep us on edge but are tiring. 

Speaking of twitter and YT brainless Crybabies…

I have a theory as to why the Spider Shit snippet got more attention and hype than the Void when clearly this second one is much superior… and it’s that most of her fanbase is focused on aesthetics and visuals! Like some of you mentioned earlier, the void snippet visuals aren’t that good and kind of creepy while the track 6 one is much more appealing and pretty to look at (her classic pastel colors and a cute outfit) that makes me think they are not here for the musicality but rather the imagery and shock value… 

most Crybabies in TikTok and stuff like that love to play dress up like her and go for the cutesy aesthetic but don’t seem to get the music that much importance :awkney:

that’s the only reasonable explanation I can get for that fenomenon… otherwise I’m speechless and this should be studied by a university of some kind…

the release date may also be a factor on the matter 

10 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

A lot of her recent writing is really "I'm 14 and this is deep". Pretty much all of K-12 is the poster child for this issue, but her singing about her period like it's some transformative spiritual experience that will ascend her to a higher level of consciousness is next level, lol. At least the song is catchy, I'll give it that, but the lyrics are atrocious

makes me wanna unlearn the English language to unconsciously BOP to that and not think about tampons or periods :bebe:

4 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Speaking of twitter and YT brainless Crybabies…

I have a theory as to why the Spider Shit snippet got more attention and hype than the Void when clearly this second one is much superior… and it’s that most of her fanbase is focused on aesthetics and visuals! Like some of you mentioned earlier, the void snippet visuals aren’t that good and kind of creepy while the track 6 one is much more appealing and pretty to look at (her classic pastel colors and a cute outfit) that makes me think they are not here for the musicality but rather the imagery and shock value… 

that’s the only reasonable explanation I can get for that fenomenon… otherwise I’m speechless and this should be studied by a university of some kind…

the release date may also be a factor on the matter 

:true:

On 3/11/2023 at 3:53 AM, Veinsineon said:

Well the new record is more fantasy / creature oriented. No sign of a single diaper / baby bottle. 💀 I think we’ve finally been saved from that with this album

You can still have baby creatures and diaper fantasy, come on now. We can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

2 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Listening to the snippet of Battle of the Larynx - it's giving me this, tbh. I get what she's going for, but the second I heard "I'll wreck you if you chase me but I'll be silent till you cross a line" I cringed. It's giving High School Sweethearts Pt. 2 a la it's "If you fuck me over I will rip your face apart" and "If you cheat, you will die" bits. 

She seems to really love placing herself in these fantastical "moments of victory" bits where she's rather violently clawing at something or someone or some kind of ideal, and always the victor despite the circumstance. The writing puts me in a place where I can't tell if she's trying to manufacture a specific image that just keeps coming off as disingenuous and try-hard, or if she's actually serious and in which case it then her lyrics just read to me as emotionally immature and underdeveloped.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

30 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Melanie looked up body parts and decided that larynx sounded good and ran with it

I'm convinced 

she has a history of using body parts in a very graphic way for her lyrics… for example in Corpse or Death (talking about a decomposing body) or in Void (the guts sentence) 

6 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

she has a history of using body parts in a very graphic way for her lyrics… for example in Corpse or Death (talking about a decomposing body) or in Void (the guts sentence) 

im peeling the skin off my faaaaaace

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

43 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Oh no I'm well aware I'm just saying she ran out of body parts and decided that was good and ran with it 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

22 hours ago, The Siren said:

ok, hear me out. imagine if the "pop/rock songs" sound more like this song?

Nothing new or original here. Sounds like the same stuff we heard before. 

That's why Grimes, Sky, Lana and Charli are are special. Unique and doing their own thing.

23 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I agree…it’s waaaay too much aesthetics 

Waiting for Melanie to turn into a salamander now. Any minute. :ma: