Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 minutes ago, BowOfLove said:

Anybody else feel like the lead single won't be the most viral/successful song on the album? The fact that Limbs and Kettle are most liked snippets so far is a bit unexpected. 

the limbs snippet is like 5 seconds long so i suppose its easy to go viral on tiktok like that. i wnna hear more of the song tho

46 minutes ago, rabbit boi said:

glad im not the only one who thinks erase her is corny as fuck

It is… like really bad… those lyrics are just, woke sentiment at it’s finest :bebe: firstly it feels really out of hand for her to talk about those topics… cause you can easily fall in the “I’m an ally” pit no one wants to hear about! Second, in Erase Her the metaphor isnt as bad but for example in Orange Juice? For something she says she hasn’t experienced is really insensitive! Talking about you eat oranges and then puke them like juice and with her using her powers it’s all resolved… yikes! What about Fleur seeking professional help instead of relying on Crybabys stud powers? What the message u are sending with that? And don’t get me started on the Orange murder in live performances… EW 

tag Your it it’s similar but somehow feels more tasteful and well executed! It’s not like she’s painting it in flowers and rainbows, you can feel the pain in her voice delivery and sounds like a serious topic (which it is) without erasing (:oic2:) the camp aspect

I think a song about being gay or bisexual in high school would have fitted more, she is openly bisexual herself (outed by we know who) so feels like she could come up with some interesting ideas since she has experienced that on first hand! Also a huge amount of her fanbase is LGBTQ so she could have reached lots of people with that 

still, you can bop to it… I just try to not pay attention to the lyrics! Same with Orange Juice 

On 3/13/2023 at 6:13 PM, Anonymcomenter said:

Okay so the snippet is cute, I’m liking it so far but gurl… those lyrics are not it, like they don’t make sense at all :toofloppy: I’m guessing they are part of the song or something cause in the snippet she tells otherwise… still REALLY bad poetry 

I suppose we’re not getting any snippet today since she already posted the one from Friday… maybe they sent the egg too early I don’t know 

Also for those of you who hate the vocoder thing… listen closely to the end of the snippet in HD :bebe:

Like… :toofloppy:

15 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Comparing her songwritting on 'Erase Her' to older songs like 'A Million Men' or 'Rough Love' is completely laughable.. Wtf happened there? 

I don't think there's any one specific reason it's a multitude of reasons tho

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

I think she's trying really hard to make who she is outside of her character and art fit into her music/character but it doesn't translate well into song hence the poor lyrical quality and having to just pull random phrases and things to fill lyrics etc etc etc 

If that makes sense?

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

On 3/12/2023 at 12:39 AM, The Siren said:

where in Sirens does it fit into the Cry Baby infantilism aesthetic? :deadbanana:

It's arguable because talking about a mythical creature can be considered childish. It's not real. My OG post was in defense of ALL her things. So really one way or the other idc. My point is she's a concept artist. Some concepts will be better than other.

22 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Comparing her songwritting on 'Erase Her' to older songs like 'A Million Men' or 'Rough Love' is completely laughable.. Wtf happened there? 

or even Rotten Milk! That song sound wise it’s nothing special but OMG the lyrics… a masterpiece compared to what she’s releasing lately :true:

39 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

what happened to the snippets lmao

She scrapped the album after that dude called her out on Instagram and we are getting the original MM3 tracks instead :sass:

but foreal where are the snippets 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.