Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 minutes ago, baked said:

i really dont care abt moon cycle the heavy cream lyric sends me though :creepna3:

I always thought it was strange she called her mensuration her heavy daily cream 

How do the people with uteruses feel about the song? I know LB is mostly gay men shaving their balls but...

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

turning them into food references 

That's the other thing. Either be blunt, be straight, be perfectly crystal clear, or, instead, wrap everything up in euphemism and double talk in metaphor. It's the dancing back and forth within a song that is killing it for me, because it's comes off like she's pausing the song to explain the joke to the audience.

"All the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake! (Ha ha! That means they want my vagina! ;) )"

"He bit the cherry down! (Ha ha! This means he ate me out while I was bleeding! ;))" 

Either talk around a topic and let that layer of metaphor be something your audience gets to unwrap for themselves and discover and develop their own meaning and connection with and to, or be direct with your words and imagery and instead let others who share the exact same sentiment and emotion have a body of work to resonate with unambiguously. Idk.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

the egyptians when they hear "i could win a fight on my period, matter fact right now i could build a pyramid"

skai-jackson-cinnamon.gif

Just now, BowOfLove said:

Omg 12 and a half more hours for those of us in US :defeated:. I'm hyped. Is the chorus the "back from the dead back from the dead" snippet released on Spotify? 

yes

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, misslonaxo said:

I always thought it was strange she called her mensuration her heavy daily cream 

How do the people with uteruses feel about the song? I know LB is mostly gay men shaving their balls but...

That's not what I interpret daily cream as…:toofloppy:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

That's not what I interpret daily cream as…:toofloppy:

getting ready for my heavy daily cream :wub:

and i don't seem to mind

Anyway, why talk about Moon Cycle or Spider Shit when she has released one of her best songs in a while…. DEATH!

That song alone ate all After School EP and half of K-12 for me… props to her. I hope the cuality doesn’t go down from there (we all know that will happen in tracks 6 and 10 but for the rest…) :true:

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

Anyway, why talk about Moon Cycle or Spider Shit when she has released one of her best songs in a while…. DEATH!

That song alone ate all After School EP and half of K-12 for me… props to her. I hope the cuality doesn’t go down from there (we all know that will happen in tracks 7 and 10 but for the rest…) :true:

Tracks 6 and 10 will AMAZING:hooker:

12 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I really think of the leaked tracks the only suitable closer is Needle and Thread

:true::hottie:

needles length is SUPERRRRR close to track 13's length... just saying

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, rancidgirl said:

needles length is SUPERRRRR close to track 13's length... just saying

Right! The vocals go right to the end of the demo version which makes me nervous, though they could shave a little bit off the intro….

topsters2-2-1.png

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

Right! The vocals go right to the end of the demo version which makes me nervous, though they could shave a little bit off the intro….

well moon cycle is 20 seconds longer than the demo

and i don't seem to mind

3 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

well moon cycle is 20 seconds longer than the demo

TV and FS appear to be longer too…and if track 7 is DB it would be longer also. So N&T (if it is to be 13) being shorter concerns me :raven:

topsters2-2-1.png

4 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

TV and FS appear to be longer too…and if track 7 is DB it would be longer also. So N&T (if it is to be 13) being shorter concerns me :raven:

well maybe that one little instrumental break got cut off or something idk

and i don't seem to mind