Jack

Melanie Martinez

am i the only one who is not bothered by the costume? i don't mind that she always wears it, but i do think the fake eyes could have looked better, they're too open and you can see the contrast with her actual eyes being more "naturally" open, it would have been 100% more cool if there was a mechanism that would make the eyes more from left to right and blink, i think it would have looked cool and more eerie to see the eyes on top moving a different direction than the eyes below (aka her actual eyes)

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

am i the only one who is not bothered by the costume? i don't mind that she always wears it, but i do think the fake eyes could have looked better, they're too open and you can see the contrast with her actual eyes being more "naturally" open, it would have been 100% more cool if there was a mechanism that would make the eyes more from left to right and blink, i think it would have looked cool and more eerie to see the eyes on top moving a different direction than the eyes below (aka her actual eyes)

i agree! i really enjoy it. it’s cool to see her sticking with it, and a really cool concept to see her perform as that.(maybe i just like it cus she’s not a “baby” anymore but idk) like imagine how hot and sweaty it must be wearing that😭 she’s slaying in my opinion! 

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

I mean none of them are her actual eyes but I know what you mean, the lower ones are less open than the top ones, it’s weird. 

I’d just rather see her face in some way. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 hours ago, Candle in The Wind said:

hi! im starting to listen to melanie martinez and i’d like to know what your fav songs are? im just curious cause i love to know what songs people prefer in general :wave:

Hello, besides Portals that is coming out march 31st that will most likely blow most of K-12 out of the orbit we have Test Me, Numbers and imo Brain and Heart is a nice bop - all of them are on the After School EP

When it comes to K-12 you should give it a spin, but I’d say that some of the songs there are some of her weakest if not the weakest records from miss martinez.

Cry Baby with Bittersweet Tragedy, Dead to Me and Gingerbread Man is A gold crown encrusted with some of the finest diamonds out there, but I don’t listen to it nowadays because after like 6? 5 years of doing so it can get boring, but those songs are still amazing.

And then we have her best material, the unreleased songs. Whatever era of melanie you’re exploring her unreleased songs from that time are usually on par if not better than the releases, so that’s that :p All her songs are generally good, but the curse of concept albums sometimes really locks melanie out of releasing better music

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

I mean none of them are her actual eyes but I know what you mean, the lower ones are less open than the top ones, it’s weird. 

I’d just rather see her face in some way. 

yeah no i just meant that she sees with the eyes that are on the bottom not on top, that's what i meant by actual eyes lol

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

If her face was a mask and not prosthetics eye movement would probably be possible, but I agree that both sets of eyes could’ve been identical. What irks me the most is her not cutting her nails for the hands to look less costume-y, especially with all the close ups on her face while she’s holding the microphone

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Released : Cake, Soap, Pity Party

Unreleased : Curly Cue, Fingers Crossed, Night Mime (any version)

numbers, rotten milk, dear porcupines, trophy, mad hatter

No cuz I told chapgpt to make drowning and it ate??????

Verse 1: I'm sinking down, into the deep blue sea I'm drowning fast, and no one's here to rescue me I'm reaching out, but no one seems to care I'm all alone, with nothing left to spare

Chorus: You don't wanna let me down, because you don't really feel like drowning And you can't make a sound, when you're underwater drowning Maybe we should warn you now, there's a clock in the kitchen that's counting You don't wanna let you down, 'cause we don't really feel like drowning

Verse 2: The water's rising, and I'm losing my breath I'm struggling hard, to escape this watery death I'm holding on, to the last bit of hope But it's slipping away, like a slippery slope

Chorus: You don't wanna let me down, because you don't really feel like drowning And you can't make a sound, when you're underwater drowning Maybe we should warn you now, there's a clock in the kitchen that's counting You don't wanna let you down, 'cause we don't really feel like drowning

Verse 3: I'm fading fast, and my vision's getting dim I'm feeling cold, as the water closes in I'm saying my prayers, and I'm letting go I'm sinking down, to the ocean's below

Chorus: You don't wanna let me down, because you don't really feel like drowning And you can't make a sound, when you're underwater drowning Maybe we should warn you now, there's a clock in the kitchen that's counting You don't wanna let you down, 'cause we don't really feel like drowning” like why did it slay?:trisha:

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

3 minutes ago, NYMPHOLOGY said:

No cuz I told chapgpt to make drowning and it ate??????

Verse 1: I'm sinking down, into the deep blue sea I'm drowning fast, and no one's here to rescue me I'm reaching out, but no one seems to care I'm all alone, with nothing left to spare

Verse 2: The water's rising, and I'm losing my breath I'm struggling hard, to escape this watery death I'm holding on, to the last bit of hope But it's slipping away, like a slippery slope

Verse 3: I'm fading fast, and my vision's getting dim I'm feeling cold, as the water closes in I'm saying my prayers, and I'm letting go I'm sinking down, to the ocean's below

Chorus: You don't wanna let me down, because you don't really feel like drowning And you can't make a sound, when you're underwater drowning Maybe we should warn you now, there's a clock in the kitchen that's counting You don't wanna let you down, 'cause we don't really feel like drowning” like why did it slay?:trisha:

Ima do kota next WE NEED KOTA

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

melanie shows a lot of emotion with her facial expressions so i hate that instead we're getting a blank dead stare

also is it that bad that i just want her to look pretty? she has been getting more attractive throughout the years and I think she'd look good with just elf ears, some freckles drawn on and the blonde/black hair. but i guess that concept lacks shock value and that's her trademark

Not the best but it’s Better than two lines ig :noparty:

He's always holding back,
He's got his secrets that he keeps
I try to get close to him,
But he's always out of reach

Chorus:
He doesn't want me to play games,
But he's the king of the arcade
He wants to hold all the control,
But I won't let him take it all away

Verse 2:
He says he's just protecting me,
But I don't need no one to save me
I want to take the reins and lead,
But he won't give up his authority

Pre-chorus:
He says he's got my best interests,
But I don't need him to dictate
I'm not a child who needs to be coddled,
I'm capable of making my own fate

Chorus:

Verse 3:
He's always telling me what to do,
Like he's the only one who has a clue
I want to break free and be myself,
But he's holding me back with his selfish self

Breakdown:
I won't let him hold me down,
I won't let him take my crown
I'll fight for my own autonomy,
I won't let him have monopoly

Chorus:

Verse 4:
I'll stand up for myself and say,
That I won't be treated this way,
I deserve a voice in this game,
And I won't let him take the reins.

Bridge:
I won't let him keep me small,
I won't let him have it all,
I'm regaining my own power,
And I won't be his puppet any longer.

Chorus:
But he's the king of the arcade,
But I won't let him take it all away.

Outro:
I won't let him control me,
I won't let him have the key
I'm taking back my power,
I'm breaking free from his tower.”

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

Verse 1: In this world of portals and dreams You are the one that makes my heart sing Through the highs and lows, you're my constant And I know that with you, my heart's in safe hands

Chorus: You are the one that I adore The light that shines forevermore In a world of magic and mystery You are the one that makes me feel free

Verse 2: Lost in the maze of life's twists and turns I thought I'd never find a love that burns Brighter than any star in the sky You are the one that makes my heart fly

Chorus: You are the one that I adore The light that shines forevermore In a world of magic and mystery You are the one that makes me feel free

Verse 3: You are the light I've been searching for forever Feels like, man, I've really never felt the rain Buried in the desert Didn't think I'd push through the dirt You just cleansed me like a waterfall You came I'm screaming like a kettle on the stove

Bridge: In this world of portals and dreams You are the one that's always been My heart beats for you, my sweet Together we'll conquer anything

Chorus: You are the one that I adore The light that shines forevermore In a world of magic and mystery You are the one that makes me feel free.

light shower decapitated, slayed , killed, ate

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

1 minute ago, NYMPHOLOGY said:

Verse 1: In this world of portals and dreams You are the one that makes my heart sing Through the highs and lows, you're my constant And I know that with you, my heart's in safe hands

Verse 2: Lost in the maze of life's twists and turns I thought I'd never find a love that burns Brighter than any star in the sky You are the one that makes my heart fly

Verse 3: You are the light I've been searching for forever Feels like, man, I've really never felt the rain Buried in the desert Didn't think I'd push through the dirt You just cleansed me like a waterfall You came I'm screaming like a kettle on the stove

Bridge: In this world of portals and dreams You are the one that's always been My heart beats for you, my sweet Together we'll conquer anything

Chorus: You are the one that I adore The light that shines forevermore In a world of magic and mystery You are the one that makes me feel free.

light shower decapitated, slayed , killed, ate

where is this from :creep:

1 hour ago, a banister said:

Hello, besides Portals that is coming out march 31st that will most likely blow most of K-12 out of the orbit we have Test Me, Numbers and imo Brain and Heart is a nice bop - all of them are on the After School EP

When it comes to K-12 you should give it a spin, but I’d say that some of the songs there are some of her weakest if not the weakest records from miss martinez.

Cry Baby with Bittersweet Tragedy, Dead to Me and Gingerbread Man is A gold crown encrusted with some of the finest diamonds out there, but I don’t listen to it nowadays because after like 6? 5 years of doing so it can get boring, but those songs are still amazing.

And then we have her best material, the unreleased songs. Whatever era of melanie you’re exploring her unreleased songs from that time are usually on par if not better than the releases, so that’s that :p All her songs are generally good, but the curse of concept albums sometimes really locks melanie out of releasing better music

yes i‘ve already listened to k-12 and i prefer cry baby but for sure its still good! I know for her new era and her next album, im so excited! And ofc for those who are unrealesed everyone hypes them so i have to listen to that:agree: