Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Yellow said:

y'all heard. Leak kota. Rn. So I can stop asking for it. It's the only thing I talk about in this forum. Someone please just leak kota

We shall imaginary bop to the ai lyrics until then

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

16 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Perhaps unpopular take, but while I can see Melanie was inspired by bjork, there really isn’t anything similar about them other than the fact that they’re using prosthetics and I guess the color scheme. But even then I can easily decipher between bjork and melanie. Faces aren’t even the same lol 

- The same fungi theme, even as a metaphor for rebirth/death  (this one is the most striking to me because its LITERALLY the same??? )

- The idea of utopic themes/fairies, becoming an alien/mutated creature in order to overcome something traumatizing

I dont really get when you guys pretend shes not being "influenced by" to say the least, it's so obvious and disrespectful to Bjorks work

When Camila Cabello blatantly copied Caroline Polachek's artwork, even if it was just the medieval framing + rope ladders combo, everyone was dragging her ass

Also theres proof that Melanie went to her newest concert "Cornucopia" and if she didn't ever considered reworking her aesthetic just a little bit after seeing it was so similar...

I mean theres no way of literally copying Björk artwork besides being her because shes so unique but Im not the first (and the last) one to see it

3 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

a lot of twitter is assuming the intro to Evil is part of Nymphology 

I hope not. I'd like to get something closer to Sirens, and I'm not seeing any correlation between the term Nymphology and the lyrics to this Emerald 2.0 "rap" either, so it'd be kind of a hamfisted title. But I guess knowing her that's not off the table.

I do wonder how this tracklist is going to flow though. There are already a couple of spots that don't look like they'll fit together as well as they could, but even if this album isn't as cohesive as her past records, the music is still really promising.

I mean… you can stan Melanie and still admit it resembles Bjork… is not even that subtle, so obvious it hurts. But that’s not bad AT ALL! Bjork was inspired by other artist for that outlook before, I don’t see the problem 

All artist are inspired by others and I see nothing wrong with that, but y’all don’t wanna admit this has anything to do with Bjork when in reality… it does! 

Anyways, as long as the final product is good I don’t mind that at all :kiss:

The Cry Baby visuals were amazing, but they are so tired by now. I’m glad to see she’s going in a new direction. I don’t find the look particularly appealing, more for the fact that I can’t see her face and that really takes something away from watching her perform. 

At the end of the day I’m a fan of music first, and the music so far on this record is really looking promising. She doesn’t need the gimmick of the pink alien. I don’t know if it will help or hurt her in the end. It will get more eyes on her, but she’s going to turn off a certain amount of people that think it’s weird. 

She pulled some very good numbers with Death, so I think this era will be successful for her. She was going to run the risk of losing a lot of people if it was a repeat of K-12 musically. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Hear me out “

Verse 1: I asked you what you'd do for me You said you'd bend, you said you'd bow But I know that's not the case, you see I'm just a passing thrill, for now I wish that you could love me too But I'm just a dream you won't allow

Chorus: Twisted all my limbs for you Two of them in knots and two in loops My body contorted, love distorted Anything for you, my love, it's true

Verse 2: I'll stretch myself to breaking point Just to catch a glimpse of your smile I'll tie myself up in a knot If that could keep you here awhile But deep inside I know it's moot You'll leave me in just a little while

Chorus: Twisted all my limbs for you Two of them in knots and two in loops My body contorted, love distorted Anything for you, my love, it's true

Verse 3: I'll dislocate my every joint To be there when you need me most I'll rearrange my every bone If that could keep you ever close But I know it's all for naught You'll leave me for someone more engrossed

Bridge: You don't have to ask me twice I'll do anything for you, my love I'll bend, I'll twist, I'll sacrifice Myself to the heavens above

Post-Chorus: Twisted all my limbs for you Two of them in knots and two in loops Anything for you, my love, it's true

Breakdown: My body aches, my mind is numb But I won't stop until it's done

Verse 4: I'll go through fire and through ice Just to see your pretty face I'll dance with death and with life But you'll never take my heart's place I'll give up all that's left of me But you won't love me, it's a disgrace

Outro: My limbs are twisted, heart is blue But you won't love me, it's true.”

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

7 minutes ago, Phelony Khoothi said:

Maybe you should ask to Radiohead, SZA, Rosalia, Lizzo, Charli XCX, Katy Perry, Kelis, Florence and the Machine, Kanye West, Travis Scott, Missy Elliot, Paramore, Madonna, Solange... 

She was even referenced in this years Oscar

Also Melanie since she herself mentioned Bjork was an inspiration:)

maybe u should understand jokes and stop being annoying thats a nonsense and no ones gonna agree with u so what are u still doing here:bye:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Anywhoms, only one is remembered by the industry as a legacy artist, influencing a whole generation of musicians and artists in general

and will be remembered for a very long time after this, in a good way

You can ban me if you want to but the truth remains... :teehee:

after seeing her outfit last night and looking at the pictures for the album. i have this idea/theory. i don't think this pink creature version of cry baby is only a fairy. maybe but i think she is apart of the nature of whatever world she has been born into. her hair is green most of the time so i think that is suppose to be like grass. and in the botl snippet she has like flowers growing out of her head. and the mushrooms growing out of her in the one pictures. i think she is one with nature and can change into anything whenever she wants. but maybe i'm just thinking into it. 

the setlist was so BADDDDDDD

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

i wish all the songs had different arrangements to match the new sound

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

1 hour ago, NYMPHOLOGY said:

We shall imaginary bop to the ai lyrics until then

the ai provides sustenance until the leakers do. I hope Mel performs the contortionist tonight I rly wanna hear it. 

1 minute ago, heavensentslut said:

i wish all the songs had different arrangements to match the new sound

kinda same tho? like i love when certain things are added/changed on a live performance to make it unique to the live show/era

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?