Jack

Melanie Martinez

I Don’t know why but I have lost all hype for this album… idk 

like the live performances have cleared all the tracks I was curious about (Void, Death and Evil) and they are just as I expected but nothing new… maybe I am not in the right mood right now… but I want more upbeat songs. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love rock and heavier sounds, but in this case I don’t see much replay value. I loved Death at first listen but I haven’t returned to it as much as I though! Void, Evil and Battle Of The Larynx aren’t bad by any means, but I don’t see me returning to them either 

I was more into the leaked stuff (I know this have been discussed a lot), but we shall see! For the moment I’m not that excited for the album release as I was before :facepalm: Also, the visuals don’t help… I’m getting bored of this “alien mask” thing

sorry Mel :cryney: at least she’s trying something new and that’s growth, even if it isn’t my cup of tea 

I haven’t gone back to Death as much as I thought I would either. I think it kinda takes too long to get to the good part. I am hopeful that Portals will be a pretty good listen from start to finish, so I think I’ll be listening to it in the context of the full album a lot. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

loving literally all of what we've heard so far. BATTLE OF THE LARYNX, EVIL, and VOID being the major collapses. This will be one of her top eras for sure. I wished the promo was better with DEATH having a music video and in general interviews, photoshoots, and more content, which I think will all come and it's gonna be great. PORTALS>>>

The thing with her is that I don’t mind not liking one album, but she takes 4 years to release something new every time so I was hopping for something good to at least BOP while I wait for the next… 

I don’t know if I will stream this a lot based on the 6 songs we already have (except for Tunnel Vision obvyyy) :trisha: but who knows… she can surprise us! 

8 minutes ago, WildChild said:

loving literally all of what we've heard so far. BATTLE OF THE LARYNX, EVIL, and VOID being the major collapses. This will be one of her top eras for sure. I wished the promo was better with DEATH having a music video and in general interviews, photoshoots, and more content, which I think will all come and it's gonna be great. PORTALS>>>

The rollout for death was interesting. Everyone was expecting a video, and we know one was filmed, but it just... didn't release? It was especially weird because she did the timer on her story and everything which I think really added to people thinking the video was coming that night. I assume that she ended up deciding to move it to release the same day as the rest of the album but it seems like an odd choice since a video would've done a lot of promo for her. Her doing a single for this cycle was a step in the right direction, but I hope next time the rollout is better.

hey guys, for anyone who is into music production, the youtube channel Beat Academy will recreate DEATH, if you don't know thi channel it's truly a gem, he's a Grammy nominated producer and he's so talented that sometimes he's remakes get taken down by copyright cause YT thinks it's the og track, check it out and go like this post, i can't wait to see itScreenshot-20230320-164716-You-Tube.png

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I already came out as a spider web stan but let the record show we will rise up

The only thing rising are your pubes

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Good morning, what lyrics are y'all hoping drop next? I hope it's light shower or the contortionist but it'll prob be tunnel vision or evil or death idk 

2 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I Don’t know why but I have lost all hype for this album… idk

I'm still really excited for the full album and videos, but I'll admit I expected there to be more going on by now with this release + lollapalooza and everything. 

Mostly I'm just surprised she held back on releasing a video for the single, and that there was so little promo for an album coming out within weeks.

9 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

It really rubs me the wrong way how she put so much effort into recording 'Sirens' just to not end up releasing it possibly over those leaks :oprah2:

I don't think the leaks were why Melanie scrapped Sirens, since four leaked songs were included on the album. She writes so much during each album cycle and so plenty of great tracks get left out. It would be awesome if she put it on a deluxe, but I'm not holding my breath… 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥