Jack

Melanie Martinez

Tonight was a bit rough. I really don't think this costume is worth all the trouble she's immediately having with it(apparently she choked on it tonight?), and the 2-4+ hours it takes to put it all on each time. She'll be exhausted trying to make it work for a whole tour, and it'll be years before she gets out of it if she's doing a whole movie and music videos.

As far as the new songs go, The Contortionist and Light Shower were nice but I might not be coming back to them as much as the other songs. I hope to see her voice in better shape when the tours come around too, but we've been saying that for a while and it's already been discussed a million times, so yeah.

Lastly, she just had to reupload her group chat for her Portals IG because the first one was instantly taken over by a bunch of trolls. It was pretty bad and I hate that it seems like every time she tries to do something fun it goes sideways. Poor girl was cursed in her last life or something, I swear.

ok The Contortionist giving positions tease her kamasutra era and Light Shower monotonous production could easily be on K-12/After School. So far, lyricwise this album is not really deep into the life after death thematics as I thought it would be based on the leaks. The only songs that aren’t taken to a “i hate my ex” “love me hate me” or romantic situation are Death, Void, Faerie Soiree and Leeches… :bebe:

1 hour ago, ButterflyBones said:

Lastly, she just had to reupload her group chat for her Portals IG because the first one was instantly taken over by a bunch of trolls. It was pretty bad and I hate that it seems like every time she tries to do something fun it goes sideways. Poor girl was cursed in her last life or something, I swear.

Wait, what happened? Do you mean the @/portals Instagram account? Because that's not actually her

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

11 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Wait, what happened? Do you mean the @/portals Instagram account? Because that's not actually her 

Thank god, lol. I wasn't sure after everyone was saying it was a page created for the album. 

19 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

ok The Contortionist giving positions tease her kamasutra era and Light Shower monotonous production could easily be on K-12/After School. So far, lyricwise this album is not really deep into the life after death thematics as I thought it would be based on the leaks. The only songs that aren’t taken to a “i hate my ex” “love me hate me” or romantic situation are Death, Void, Faerie Soiree and Leeches… :bebe:

I'm actually really liking Light Shower, especially the guitar. You just have to listen to it over headphones or a good speaker to hear the depth in the production, otherwise it does sound a little bland at first.

And I agree with some of the lyrics being subpar to the leaks, but I'm glad she's going for something more relatable and personal instead of going way too deep into the theme. I feel like I'd rather have that this time than a concept album fully based on reincarnation and past life regression. Still would've been cool, though.

23 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

unpopular opinion: i’d rather have finished versions of concept demos like magnets and corpse on a deluxe than an official release of finished songs we already have

OOP?! Only song I agree with is spiderweb

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

OMG is Light Shower bad! Almost 5 minutes of the same fucking plane instrumental and this freestyle lyrics (feels like she hasn’t put a lot of though on them since the make 0 sense)… 

a total skip for me sorry! Maybe even worse than Moon Cycle… at least that one has a beat and it’s short :agree2:

10 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

- the vitamin d lyric

Vitamin D is the name of the vitamin sunlight gives you :delish:

9 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

sir i’m a registered nurse :rip: but melanie knew damn well what she was doing with these corny lyrics 

Okay you got me there 😭

But good on Melanie for getting both kinds :teehee:

21 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Actually I’m also a registered nurse but the Vitamin D thing is more of like common sense :um:

Mel might be in her Slut Pop era :nails:

I kinda love that lyric and the double entendre :lmao:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

5 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

Is she gonna be wearing that Quasimodo from Pandora outfit the entire time this era or is she gonna show her face?

a fan in chile or argentina made a video of her on the airport and she was wearing a pink balaclava thw whole time, so yeah i dont think she'll show her face aside from candid photos