Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Correct. There is a long outro to Faerie Soiree which sounds similar to Light Shower but there is a separation. 

iconic. thank you. hope you're having a great time :)

If you had to add one more song to Crybaby for a rerelease, what would you add and where would you put it? 

- Where Do Babies Come From

- Rocking Horse

- Art & Crafts

- Jumprope

- Ring Pop

- I Scream

- Zzzz

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Watching some of the outfits and stuff of folks as I’m waiting here :air: what’d I get myself into 

I can picture them… fishnets, dyed hair and a septum (at least)… also they WONT SHUT THE FUCK UP!! They think someone cares about their opinion, no we don’t, now shut up and sit down so the people who has come here to enjoy the listening can have their time… thanks

So obvious their rich parents don’t give them any attention at home cause this kind of behavior (desperate to be the center of attention) is SO CRINGE! 

I swear I’m starting to hate Crybabies, they are a pain in the ass as a fandom! 

please someone rip their tongues so they shuñ the fuck up and let the recordings be as decent as possible :bebe:

7 minutes ago, iJoshicus said:

If you had to add one more song to Crybaby for a rerelease, what would you add and where would you put it? 

- Where Do Babies Come From

- Rocking Horse

- Art & Crafts

- Jumprope

- Ring Pop

- I Scream

- Zzzz

where do babies come from and somewhere with the deluxe tracks probably.

So we got a full recording of Nymphology from the listening party (albeit in LQ) and... am I the only one who gets the vibe she tried to write a song similar to Sirens and it just didn't work? I particularly find the "Being a manic pixie dream girl like you fucking outta be," line in the chorus to be... odd, along with the "push your penis into your mouth, I'll make you choke on your doubt." it just sounds like something that would've come from a 16-17 year old on tiktok more than a 27 (almost 28) year old adult. That said, we also got uploads of Womb, BOTL, and Spider Web from that account so I will update this with my thoughts on those. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

So we got a full recording of Nymphology from the listening party (albeit in LQ) and... am I the only one who gets the vibe she tried to write a song similar to Sirens and it just didn't work? I particularly find the "Being a manic pixie dream girl like you fucking outta be," line in the chorus to be... odd, along with the "push your penis into your mouth, I'll make you choke on your doubt." it just sounds like something that would've come from a 16-17 year old on tiktok more than a 27 (almost 28) year old adult. 

that's actually funny cause she said to someone under a comment that "she is not 19 anymore she is 28", then why did she write better and deeper stuff at 19 compared to what she's writing now at 28? :trisha:

I decided to make another post for the rest of my opinions, so here we go. 

Womb - The verses are nice, and I actually really enjoy them because they match the writing style of some of the earlier sessions which I preferred to the writing style of some of the later tracks, but I am not huge on the mixing of the chorus. We will see what it sounds like when we get the HQ. A bridge would've been nice since so far a lot of the tracks don't have bridges, but I think along with Leeches this is going to be one of the best. 

Spider Web - The verses are fine in the way of production, but they don't really transition into the chorus well. As for the production, I feel like the chorus/post chorus are the highlights of that song in terms of being interesting, though I share the opinion with much of this thread that the Spider Web chorus is one of the worst. The outro having nature sounds is nice, but the lyrical portion doesn't transition super well into that. It just feels like the production didn't get cleaned up all the way, which sucks because if it had I think it generally would be a more liked song by a lot of people. 

BOTL - My opinions haven't really changed from what they were with the live performance. The mixing still feels off in the studio version, I think hearing it in HQ will be the only way to know if it's actually like that or not though (I seriously hope it isn't because many of the songs have this same strange mixing both live and in the listening party recordings) 

10 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

that's actually funny cause she said to someone under a comment that "she is not 19 anymore she is 28", then why did she write better and deeper stuff at 19 compared to what she's writing now at 28? :trisha:

lowkey self-sabotage

usLCYQO.jpeg

Really surprised young Crybabies don’t shit their pants from their stupidity… I though with that limited mind process they wouldn’t be able to control their sphincter!

curious to see if they are capable of reaching the adult life without forgetting to breath, because that much idiocy… hard to believe

its not that hard, you are going to a LISTENING party, not a SHARE YOUR STUPID OPINIONS WHILE THE SONGS PLAY party :agree2:

they need to be put down, they’re clearly in pain… only things they say are “go queen!! You ate and left no crumbs!!! This lowkey a bop (refering to SW 🤮), Mel can’t make a bad song!!) while literally not paying attention to the album! 

Ok my thoughts below. The experience was terrible. 90% of the people were talking and moving around, browsing records. I found a little spot with two girls who were quiet and listening. Except a woman next to me was talking on the cell phone the entire time. NOTHING like the quiet, seated listeners at Lana’s event yesterday. 

thoughts in spoiler 

Spoiler

Void: Good, no immediate thoughts. Feels long. I prefer Evil.

Tunnel Vision: some production changes, pre chorus seems stripped back. Outro has some effects added, it sounds good. There is a second part of the outro from the developing video right before Faerie Soiree.

Faerie Soiree: Very similar but has a fairly long outro that sounds similar to Light Shower

Light Shower: Leeches 2.0

Spider Web: not great. The verses and chorus sound like different songs, it’s really bizarre. The verse part is not bad but the separation is really weird. There is a part where it kind of speeds up which I enjoyed.

Leeches: very little change from demo, there may be more instrumentation but the bass was way too cranked in the store to tell.

BOTL:  this one sounded better than I expected. Some tasty production, layered guitars, good drums, Her vocals are fairly clear sometimes and distorted other times. Has a great pause before the last chorus and the drums come crashing in.

The Contortionist: there’s a lot of weird dead space with background sound effects between BOTL and this track. The cracking sound effects are a bit much for me. Nurses Office PTSD. Her vocals are pretty clear on this one, she sounds great. Has a bit of a trap beat in part of the chorus. 

Moon Cycle: the entire store shouted the opening line. 💀The instrumentation is very good, this song has a good beat and melody if you didn’t listen to the lyrics. There’s a trap beat on this one too. Improved from the demo. 

Nymphology: fucking wild. I’m either going to love it or hate it, I haven’t decided. Vocals are weird. Somewhat childish sounding, but also fun. The spelling part is annoying. The bridge is terrible imo, she sounds like a little kid and the ‘penis’ line is soooo pronounced. 

Evil: I like the rap. easily the second best to Tunnel Vision. The first half, the production seems kind of off, restrained? 

Womb:  it’s catchy but kinda boring. Basic song, nothing special about it. Maybe the most average basic pop song she’s ever put out. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Ngl, I'm anticipating some sort of double feature or Tropico/G.U.Y. style short film dropping. I think she's going to try and tell part of the story that narrates the film thru a few put together videos. Especially now that VOID is looking to be released soon hopefully a midnight EST release tn! 

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Why is Light Shower givin me Katy Perry “Humminbird Heartbeat” with the cravin your sticky sweet (cum) :creepna3:

she really inspired by Peacock and all this in the nose sexual references :oic2:

how did we not notice the lyrics during the performance the other day?? :defeated:

16 minutes ago, Salem said:

Womb - I am not huge on the mixing of the chorus.

How can you even tell what the chorus mixing of Womb sounds like from that 5kbps in-store voice memo recording 💀

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕